Author Topic: Richmond players accused of groping Mabior Chol during team song (HSun/Age)  (Read 9068 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Its ok Tone coz no one cares about your opinion anyway. You hang around on this forum attacking daniel rioli and a few others for your own agenda. And thats ok. Good luck to ya but no one cares.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
because I think what Vlastuin and Short did is disgraceful I think both should have been suspended for 3 to 5 weeks by our own club. Completely unacceptable from both. Im more disappointed in Vlastuin who is someone who could be a future Richmond captain.
No one is making mention of when Vlastuin is basically groped by all players at the very end of the song as he was ushered into the centre of the circle.
Is it because he’s part of white privilege?

Give me a break!

Ramps are you horrified by all the players groping Vlastuin too. Should they all be suspended fur 5 weeks?
Go Watch it again. It’s an in joke especially since for some reason Vlastuin had to go in the middle of the circle once the song was sung. Let’s suspend all of them as you wish.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
Im not horrified I just think its stupid and disgraceful behaviour that should be stamped out. Thats all.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Yeah I saw that Joel Wilkinson dude mentioned “racial abuse” on Twitter which is absolutely pathetic.

He is trying to create a race issue where there clearly is none.

Totally agree with you on this Willy.

Joel Wilkinson appears to make every issue about race.

Not sure if many folks on here remember him, he played for the Suns in their 1st couple of seasons.

Some of his "rants" make little sense (sadly) which I don't think is anyway helpful to cause that he is supposedly trying to support and raise awareness of.

This behaviour is not about race. To suggest otherwise is as you say Willy pathetic

I think what people need to realise whether they agree or not is what may have been seen as acceptable a decade or even 5 years ago is not seen as acceptable now.

10+ years ago there was outrage (even on this Forum IIRC) over the Hoapate (sp?) Incident in the NRL. During a game he stuck his finger up an opposition player's backside. He got suspended and his career was effectively over. People were disgusted and said he should never play the game again

I know people will argue circumstances are different but the actions are the same.

Again and people will scoff or disagree but this is a workplace and these actions would not be tolerated in another workplace in the country. I get the argument they are playing a sport, it's being going on for years in sport.

But this is and I know people hate it when it gets raised but this a multi million dollar business and this type of behaviour is not acceptable in any business/work setting

It is the world in which we live, for better or for worse

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Its ok Tone coz no one cares about your opinion anyway. You hang around on this forum attacking daniel rioli and a few others for your own agenda. And thats ok. Good luck to ya but no one cares.
:lol
5 weeks...  :lol

Attacking Daniel Rioli...  :lol

You sound like you would be heaps of fun to be around.  :lol

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Racist?  Wouldn't it be even more racist if the team leaders REFUSED to also grope the black fellow?     :-\     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Im not horrified I just think its stupid and disgraceful behaviour that should be stamped out. Thats all.
Fair enough.
I highly doubt we will see anything like this again from the players.

It’ll actually be interesting to see how they react during the theme song tonight when we win.  :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Twitter is a stuffing cancer....

...and didn't Grundy do something similar Moore a few weeks ago and everyone laughed? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame

:shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Having said all that - Short was clearly the instigator and main culprit in all this and as such should be delisted immediately... :shh :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL statement

In a statement responding to the alleged groping incidents, the AFL said: “The actions of players touching several teammates inappropriately during post game celebrations and/or during club theme songs is not in keeping with either club, community or AFL expectations.

“The behaviour is inappropriate, unacceptable and juvenile. AFL players are professional athletes and set the
example for the hundreds of thousands of kids playing football across the country.

“It is the responsibility of each club and the players themselves to ensure this inappropriate behaviour is not repeated.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/afl-2020-jack-riewoldt-dan-butler-in-separate-groping-incidents-vision-shows/news-story/1ed66bf7ac842c0b48c067bd75e987f7

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Thank goodness for this political correct society we live in, bringing the big issues like team mate horseplay to the Forefront of media

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
To me this is disgraceful, very very disappointed in this situation, you may think it nothing and harmless horseplay but I disagree.
Nothing has upset me more in all the years I have followed Richmond than this pitiful display.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Juvenile indeed but really poor time and place. On camera...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Well Dayne Zorko surely must be be stood down for bringing the game into disrepute now....just chose a Justin Bieber song for the player's playlist on Ch.7.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell