Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 83105 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #390 on: July 13, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100285716

Just highlights the stupidity of the current situation

Yep lets keep our community "safe" whilst stuffing up peoples livelihoods

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2021, 01:22:37 PM »
I'm interested in people's view on this.

First up there is no right or wrong side and no need for political finger pointing.. just simply interested in people's thoughts

Read an interesting article last night about how over in the UK they were able to have such large crowds at Wimbledon and the soccer.

Article said that to get in people had show (proves) they had been vaccinated. If you had been vaccinated you could get in, no vaccination and you were denied entry.

Other restrictions were similar to what we have at AFL games, masks when queuing for food and walking from your seat to foods stalls or the toilet etc

I know getting vaccinated is a personal choice as it should be but would knowing that getting vaccinated would mean a full house GF day, at the Melb Cup, at the Ashes change your thought process and prompt you to get the jab either earlier or at all?

It's a interesting one I reckon
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2021, 02:15:29 PM »
No for me WP. I personally dont subscribe to bribes.

Its also a complete load of bs, and is one of the reasons why there is vax hesitancy. A bribe of tickets, or beer or a joint in DC  to take a jab is about as funny as it gets IMO. The other side of the coin is those who say jab up so we can avoid future lockdowns, and to those i say FO. Vent your frustration at the government (all of them)

Pollies have no right to lock down entire states, which they have done, so why should people roll up their sleeve so those fools let us free in communities, esp those that have had next to no covid cases.

Its also not entirely true as a negative test allowed access to Wimbledon if i recall. Euros may have been the same. More people would accept that option.

On travelling as an incentive to jab up which a few of my clients jumped at. I have a really close friend from the uk and guess what  he still has. Restrictions.

Few of his mates booked for Portugal when it became Green, and whilst over there it became an amber country so guess what. Quarantine on the return or stay there till it becomes green.

Almost every country in the world will have to be 90% vaccinated for there to be next to no restrictions of travel movement, as it will hopefully then be treated globally as a flu.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2021, 03:19:24 PM »
No for me WP. I personally dont subscribe to bribes.

Its also a complete load of bs, and is one of the reasons why there is vax hesitancy. A bribe of tickets, or beer or a joint in DC  to take a jab is about as funny as it gets IMO. The other side of the coin is those who say jab up so we can avoid future lockdowns, and to those i say FO. Vent your frustration at the government (all of them)

Pollies have no right to lock down entire states, which they have done, so why should people roll up their sleeve so those fools let us free in communities, esp those that have had next to no covid cases.

Its also not entirely true as a negative test allowed access to Wimbledon if i recall. Euros may have been the same. More people would accept that option.

On travelling as an incentive to jab up which a few of my clients jumped at. I have a really close friend from the uk and guess what  he still has. Restrictions.

Few of his mates booked for Portugal when it became Green, and whilst over there it became an amber country so guess what. Quarantine on the return or stay there till it becomes green.

Almost every country in the world will have to be 90% vaccinated for there to be next to no restrictions of travel movement, as it will hopefully then be treated globally as a flu.

Fair enough Frankie, thanks for the reply

It is an interesting one though isn't it?

I see there is the 4 categories around vaccinations.

1/ the yeahs straight away

2/ the yeahs but when I can get the one I wont

3/ the nos who for whatever reason will never get it

4/ the fence sitters - can't decide what to do

TBH I really don't know what can be done to get the fence sitters to get off the fence and end up in group 1 or 2.

You raise a good point around lockdowns and people being so fed up with the misinformation, mistruths etc and I think it is entirely possible that people like that will ultimately just not bother with it - just my take

BTW I believe (again reading the same article) that Boris is lifting the majority of the remaining restrictions in the UK on the 19th of July

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2021, 12:53:34 PM »
97 new cases in NSW. Lockdown extended for another 2 weeks. Though it still not a hard lockdown

And just announced a total of 8 new cases in Melb today

4 from the apartments in Maribyrnong

2 are the elderly parents of one of them from the apartments

1 being the 4th family member from the people who returned from Sydney and were supposed to isolating

1 from Craigieburn who attend the same Coles that one of the family of 4 went to when they should have been isolating

The MCG is now an exposure site as a bloke from the apartments went to the footy Sunday. He was in the MCC members.  Over 2,000 folks are being contacted

As for the removalists ... well it appears they forgot to mention they were in 2 trucks not 1  :banghead :banghead
Thank goodness for CCTV is picking up their err.... umm...movements.

Finally, at this time the govt is saying there will be no action against the family member who went to Coles to get supplies so they could isolate for 14 days....seriously WTF?

They should be fined / punished, they clearly breached their permit rules and should be held accountable for that which means fine them.

No wonder people keep doing the wrong, stupid, selfish things... there are no consequences for their disgraceful actions.

Dan Andrews and your govt show some courage,  guts and punish these numpties  :banghead :banghead

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2021, 01:11:06 PM »
^
So that they come forward and assist with contact tracing.

I know...my first reaction is to throw the book also...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2021, 01:50:39 PM »
^
So that they come forward and assist with contact tracing.

I know...my first reaction is to throw the book also...

I get that argument, I really do

But... the kid gloves approach ain't working either.

So many of us for 18 months have done everything asked of us. We haven't liked it, actually hated it. It's meant we've missed out on so much (talking from personal experience here) so rightly there comes a tipping point.

My tipping point was June, the last lockdown compliments of Mr 12 Days, 5 days and 3 days which impacted on me in way I never thought it would or could. Actually sent me to some very very dark places...

so no more excuses now I expect the selfish to be punished... enough is more than enough

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2021, 10:52:04 AM »
Another lockdown looming
Let me go back to Bohol in the Philippines already lol
Hopefully they still allow us into the footy tomorrow … First game of the year I’ve been in the country to be able to go to !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #398 on: July 15, 2021, 01:24:30 PM »
Another lockdown looming
Let me go back to Bohol in the Philippines already lol
Hopefully they still allow us into the footy tomorrow … First game of the year I’ve been in the country to be able to go to !

Fingers crossed for you Damo

But yep, agree lockdown is definitely looming

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #399 on: July 15, 2021, 01:36:41 PM »
Lockdown from midnight tonight. Set for 3-5 days.

Source: SEN/HeraldSun.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #400 on: July 15, 2021, 02:28:40 PM »
Yep
stuffing joke

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2021, 04:08:43 PM »
Fml.

No word on schools either. They left wifey and me in the lurch last time with no carer for our oldest since they closed the school for a 'curriculum day' to 'prepare for home learning's what a stuffing joke. 5th lockdown in 12 months you'd think they would have a business continuity plan sorted.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #402 on: July 15, 2021, 04:34:26 PM »
Victorian press conference at 4.45pm.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2021, 06:40:02 AM »
Sorry Damo this was only ever going one way with a tyrant in charge.

Fancy locking down an entire state that includes places like Mildura and Phillip island, that is separated by a bridge that hasn't had a case in over 12 months.  :lol

People wonder why some people aren't so "truthful" with their responses. Perhaps look at their leaders responses during covid, and you will find the answer. I'm not saying I agree with it especially in WP's examples though I can understand when those in charge lie, cripple Victorian businesses and livelihoods.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2021, 09:16:35 AM »
Sorry Damo this was only ever going one way with a tyrant in charge.

Fancy locking down an entire state that includes places like Mildura and Phillip island, that is separated by a bridge that hasn't had a case in over 12 months.  :lol

People wonder why some people aren't so "truthful" with their responses. Perhaps look at their leaders responses during covid, and you will find the answer. I'm not saying I agree with it especially in WP's examples though I can understand when those in charge lie, cripple Victorian businesses and livelihoods.

While I get your point Frankie about locking down the entire state I have to say I am not at all surprised. I didn't agree with the entire state being lockdown for 4 & 3 but I get why and agree with why they've done it for number 5.

Seeing the "removalists" are not being as open and truthful as what we need them to be with not only Vic authorities but SA & NSW authorities as well then there is no clear idea of ALL the places they've been to. 

Contact tracers only found out about Kalkallo via CCTV. Same with Jindara outside of Albury and Tailem Bend in SA. These 3 upstanding characters and the company they work for still haven't given concise info on what route they took to get back to Sydney... So how does anyone know where they stopped?

Add in the MCG situation, all exposure sites and now AAMI stadium being exposure site then we sadly don't know who may have it and where it's been transported to until test results come through. People travel to come the footy, just look at posters on here as we know they travel to Melb for the footy. So there is a chance that someone from regional Vic who over the last weekend went to that game, or went to Y&J or any other site have taken it back. Yes it is slim but it is still a possibility...

I feel for businesses I really do but what are the options?

Do a soft lockdown like Sydney? Don't think that's working to well and who knows long it will go ...

Just let it rip through the community and hope the number of cases ending up in hospital or deaths aren't too high? And then point the finger of blame at who?

Right now we clearly can't rely on vaccinations when the numbers are so low....

So what as I said what options do we have?

I hate lockdowns, hate them with a passion. Without going into great detail No. 4 broke me. The pain it caused me was a pain I hadn't felt since Ma Powell passed away. So I understand the damage they do to everyone.

Granted it is different for everyone but it impacts, damages. Whether the impact is anger, hate, financial, just frustration etc it effects everyone in one way or another 

But right now I can't see any other option... sadly