Author Topic: Judson Clarke [merged]  (Read 19183 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Judson Clarke [merged]
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2024, 10:16:09 AM »
what a load of BS. Knowing what we know about meehan and his incompetent crew do they expect us to believe that?

Hope he sues them.

You are aware that Meehan was nowhere near the VFL game on Saturday either were our AFL doctors?

The people who assessed and then sent Clarke back out are those hired under a VFL program. They don't work with "Meehan and his crew"

So again pot those at fault not those you want to blame to somehow justify your argument

so what your telling me is that no one that is part of his crew has any say whatsoever of any of our afl listed players. HRS, Cumberland, Clarkre, Gibcus, Brown ets Completely separate aye.

Give me a break.

#sackmeehan

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2024, 04:57:48 PM »
#Meehanmustgo :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2024, 08:23:43 PM »
Richmond under fire after Judson Clarke plays on with ACL tear as injury crisis deepens

Furious fans are calling for the whole department to be sacked as the injury crisis deepens.

Ben Sutton
7news
16 April 2024

Questions are being asked of Richmond’s medical team after young gun Judson Clarke was sent back onto the field during a VFL game despite suffering a serious knee injury.

Clarke will miss the remainder of the season after scans confirmed he ruptured the graft in his right ACL during Sunday’s clash against Werribee.

It was the same ACL the 20-year-old injured in 2019.

Clarke hobbled off early on during the loss to Werribee, but had his knee strapped and returned to the field.

He then managed to kick a long goal during the third term before limping off in significant pain.

Fans couldn’t believe Clarke was allowed back onto the field.

“Club needs to release a statement about the standard of care provided to Judson Clarke,” one fan said.

“You just have to laugh at this point, why send him back out there?” another added.

“I was sure that we wouldn’t send him back on after he originally came off,” another said.

“The whole physical performance department needs to be cleaned out. We went from the best to the worst in that area in 12 months,” another said.

Clarke has played 17 AFL games, including one this year, and would have been in line for a return to the senior team as the club deals with a significant injury crisis.

“We are all feeling for Judson, who works so hard behind the scenes, to give himself the best chance to perform,” Richmond GM of performance Tim Livingstone said.

“Unfortunately, Judson injured his knee yesterday in the VFL game at Werribee.

“Our club will support Judson to return fitter and stronger next season. We know he will attack his rehab with great energy and commitment.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-under-fire-after-judson-clarke-plays-on-with-acl-tear-as-injury-crisis-deepens-c-14316705

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2024, 09:45:49 PM »
Judson Clarke has done his ACL for the second time on the same knee. Is that right?

If this is true what are the chances he makes a complete recovery? I'm ready to rule him out now as a player for our future.

That draft isn't looking great for us. Brown the only success as far as i can see.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2024, 09:50:37 PM »
Judson Clarke has done his ACL for the second time on the same knee. Is that right?

If this is true what are the chances he makes a complete recovery? I'm ready to rule him out now as a player for our future.

That draft isn't looking great for us. Brown the only success as far as i can see.

My understanding is that it doesn't really matter.

You can keep having repeated traditional ACL repair with hamstring muscle woven into a rope, then pulled through a drilled hole through the knee. The muscle dies but becomes a ladder for scar tissue to grow onto, which is why players shouldn't be rushed back too soon - it takes time for the scar tissue to form and harden.

Some players are just more likely to rupture an ACL depending on various factors such as their joint mobility. Having hyper mobile joints might make you seem flexible but it can add additional strain to muscles, tendons and ligaments.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2024, 09:59:40 PM »

Yes, 1st time was 2019
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2024, 07:26:15 AM »
Max Gawn has had 2 reco’s and he’s still going ok 10 years later
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2024, 10:48:35 AM »
Obviously doesn’t have Luke Meehan as his S & C manager.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2024, 01:47:27 PM »
He sacrificed the hair on his head and braided them all into a new acl

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2024, 02:41:07 PM »

yeah and Nick Nat plus many others didnt recover, though Lever and Libba have.

what kind of success rate are we talking about here?

plenty have had 2 or more and finished up not long after, or produced nothing.

Time will tell. Fare to say that draft hasn't been kind to us at all, and we had a great draft hand.