Author Topic: Mate Colina - 213cm category B rookie [merged]  (Read 19815 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Mate Colina - 213cm category B rookie [merged]
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2023, 08:10:39 PM »
I think it went HRS, Seth Campbell, steely green then cummy to round out top 4 of our 1-4 year players. Who does that leave that’s notable? Rioli? Gibcus? 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2023, 09:19:50 PM »
I think it went HRS, Seth Campbell, steely green then cummy to round out top 4 of our 1-4 year players. Who does that leave that’s notable? Rioli? Gibcus?

You would think that Gibcus wouldn't beished to hard and his time isn't that important

Getting through each session without any issues would be the priority
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2023, 10:33:15 PM »

You would think that Gibcus wouldn't beished to hard and his time isn't that important

Not sure why the 2km time trial holds so much significance.  For KPP you'd rather be focused on repeat 200m results.  Not only being able to keep up with intense sprint efforts but being able to back them up time and again.

Mate's 2km is promising though.  He needs to be a first ruck and covering ground back and forward is important for that.  We just need him to run intelligently, mark the ball and dispose of it.  Let's see how he goes with the footies!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2023, 11:10:59 PM »

Not sure why the 2km time trial holds so much significance.  For KPP you'd rather be focused on repeat 200m results.  Not only being able to keep up with intense sprint efforts but being able to back them up time and again.

Mate's 2km is promising though.  He needs to be a first ruck and covering ground back and forward is important for that.  We just need him to run intelligently, mark the ball and dispose of it.  Let's see how he goes with the footies!

I guess it's a measure of your tank.

Richo had an amazing tank.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2023, 04:48:50 AM »

The footy looks like a peanut in his hands !!