Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 237341 times)

Tigermonk

Re: the footy show
« Reply #555 on: July 23, 2010, 01:44:48 AM »
Brad Johnson  ;D culprit saying no more  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #556 on: July 23, 2010, 07:23:12 AM »
Mind you, Aker doesn't get it either. No winners here I'm afraid.

I only saw about 5 minutes of Aker

And didn't bother watching Rose

However, FFV I have to agree Aker doesn't get it & there are no winners

But after listening to Aker (again) yesterday he certainly doesn't get it.

You blab to ANYONE (outside direct family) about internal meetings of the club that should remain within the club then you've done the wrong thing. You blan you run the risk of this getting out in the public and you deserve a whack...  Doesn't Aker read footy web-sites?   ;D  :whistle

And with mates like Sam who really needs enemies.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #557 on: July 23, 2010, 11:54:08 AM »
Aker always was an arrogant prick who thought his poo didn't stink.  He is deluded.  Remember when he kneed hyde in the acketts?  He is a smarmy prick, stuff him.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #558 on: July 23, 2010, 12:17:40 PM »
I thought it was terrific TV having Aker there with both Rose and Brown. Great tension.

Sam's monologue was cringeworthy. It just didn't make sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #559 on: July 23, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »
Campbell Rose :juggle :chuck

You wont find a more composed and professional guy going around the football circles than Campbell Rose. What he did took balls, big balls. Lining up on the Circus that is the footy show whilst Aker was a guest, absolutely anything could have happened.

He handled himself amazingly well.

That aside I hate the Bulldogs and if they can't be bothered working hard at team unity to get the best players playing then the deserve to be unsuccessful for another 30 years.

Its about winning a flag and just cause a few guys don't like 1 player doesn't mean you get rid of him. If he's in your best 22 which Aker is you manage him correctly. They should have done what Lions did to Fev and cut 100% of his media and said take it or leave it. Then it's Aker decision to leave or not.

In every sport I've played I've played with guys I've disliked but as Aker said when push came to shove you love playing with them cause they're good players and in your best 22.

All the best bulldogs playing together with bubble wrap around your pink bellies all getting along in the change rooms whilst playing with a bunch of so-so players that will never be good enough.

Will happily barrack for Collingwood in a GF against this horrendous ses pit of a club.

Aker on Rohan Smith "At least I will get remembered" - Well said. Rohan Smith 300 games of poo.

Brad Johnson = fakest bloke you'll ever meet. Keep smiling you pleb.
Go Tigers!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #560 on: July 23, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

Aker on Rohan Smith "At least I will get remembered" - Well said. Rohan Smith 300 games of poo.

Agree with that.

Like him or not, 3 premierships, some massive games under pressure and a Brownlow from where he came in life is a massive achievement. Smith isn't the one to judge careers like that.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: July 23, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »
Good for ratings and Akers book.

Money,Money changes everything.

Sing along now.

Ramps

« Reply #562 on: July 23, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

Agree with that.

Like him or not, 3 premierships, some massive games under pressure and a Brownlow from where he came in life is a massive achievement. Smith isn't the one to judge careers like that.

Quote of the night. A super put down by Akermanis. Anyway, the Bulldogs have behaved disgracefully. The allegation that it was unanimous has been shot down, with Aker receiving support in calls and texts from his ex teammates, the go live in a shelter for 3 weeks- only a joke of a club would come up with that poo-

Lets ask 1 question- Would any of the other bulldog players or administration - leave there wives and kids for 3 weeks and go and sleep in a homeless shelter- NOT ONE OF THEM WOULD - NOT ONE! Aker deserved better, I hope when It comes time for Ben Cousins to retire we do it better than how Footscray have handled the Aker situation.

FNM

« Reply #563 on: July 23, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »
I thought it was terrific TV having Aker there with both Rose and Brown. Great tension.

Sam's monologue was cringeworthy. It just didn't make sense.
The bit about a player necking themselves was a touch over the top  :wallywink

Con65

« Reply #564 on: July 23, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »
Actually I didnt think it was a good put down at all..."at least I will be remembered"...wtf

Smith was twice all australian and played 300 games...

here is the second last para from wikipedia:
Unfortunately that game would be his last, with the Bulldogs going down by 74 points, away to West Coast. An emotional Smith was chaired off the Subiaco Oval where he received a standing ovation, a testament to his illustrious career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohan_Smith

Yep...both Brisbane Lions and Western Bulldogs really gave Aka a standing ovation...As G Lyon said last night...how do you upset close to 100 blokes at 2 teams...And of course Aka would get some text messages...and calls....but did any of these so called mates go in to bat for him?

It is easy when he wasnt at the meeting to say - "Mate, they said you werent fit enough to sleep with pigs...I stood up for you...I said you were!!!" (Apoligies to Robin Williams who said that).

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: July 23, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »
Absolute fiasco.

Aker acting out like a woman scorned....Campbell Rose should never had agreed to go on the show.It was just like pouring petrol onto a towering inferno.Massive misjudgement by the club.

Aker is just embarrassing himself...He seems so self absorbed that he doesn't get that it is all about his attitude not ability.

I have had to sack some "super arrogant" people from my work place.I have found that they (A) Have trouble acknowledging any responsibilty for the issues which have led to their dismissal & (B) Never go quietly.

At least Ben Cousins still has the respect of his Richmond team mates.
Unleash the tornado

jackstar is back again

« Reply #566 on: July 23, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »
Campbell Rose :juggle :chuck

You wont find a more composed and professional guy going around the football circles than Campbell Rose. What he did took balls, big balls. Lining up on the Circus that is the footy show whilst Aker was a guest, absolutely anything could have happened.

He handled himself amazingly well.

That aside I hate the Bulldogs and if they can't be bothered working hard at team unity to get the best players playing then the deserve to be unsuccessful for another 30 years.

Its about winning a flag and just cause a few guys don't like 1 player doesn't mean you get rid of him. If he's in your best 22 which Aker is you manage him correctly. They should have done what Lions did to Fev and cut 100% of his media and said take it or leave it. Then it's Aker decision to leave or not.

In every sport I've played I've played with guys I've disliked but as Aker said when push came to shove you love playing with them cause they're good players and in your best 22.

All the best bulldogs playing together with bubble wrap around your pink bellies all getting along in the change rooms whilst playing with a bunch of so-so players that will never be good enough.

Will happily barrack for Collingwood in a GF against this horrendous ses pit of a club.

you would have to be joking
he has no idea of how the footy dept works and he is the CEO

jackstar is back again

« Reply #567 on: July 23, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
also I am on the aker side, although they gave him 8 offical warnings in regards to team meetings and rules

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: July 23, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
Aker on Rohan Smith "At least I will get remembered" - Well said.

Yeah I liked that.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #569 on: July 23, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »

I don't believe it. Blind freddy could see that statement ain't true.