Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 237344 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt on the footy show tonight.
« Reply #720 on: June 30, 2011, 09:46:45 PM »
Jack Riewoldt is on the panel tonight.

Should bloody well be at home thinking about Saturday!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline J Buckthorn

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: the footy show
« Reply #721 on: June 30, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »
This is true.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #722 on: June 30, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
Don't mind the Thursday before a Melbourne Saturday game, although media is something in-form players should do is my general feeling.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: June 30, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »
Enjoyed having the Scott brothers on there talking about each others team.
I thought that was good.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #724 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »
Enjoyed having the Scott brothers on there talking about each others team.
I thought that was good.

Yeah, good operators. I wonder what their contracts are like.......... :shh
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #725 on: August 04, 2011, 09:58:53 PM »
First segment tonight has fallen pretty flat.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: August 04, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »
First segment tonight has fallen pretty flat.

As opposed to every other segment?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #727 on: August 04, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »
Barrett interviewed Adrian Anderson tonight and after a meeting with the clubs, the AFL is seriously considering introducing a mid-season trade period as early as next year. Cameron Schwab pushed the idea and was supported by the other clubs' officials present at the meeting. Basically you would be able to swap players plus trade off/for future draft picks. So you could have the scenario of a player playing for their existing club up to round 11 and then for another club in round 12 and beyond.

Barrett also asked if priority picks will be scrapped. Anderson replied they will be reviewed at the end of the season.

Edit: forgot to add it was mentioned that there's a player push for the return of State of Origin.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:00:12 AM by one-eyed »

« Reply #728 on: August 05, 2011, 06:22:15 AM »
Barrett interviewed Adrian Anderson tonight and after a meeting with the clubs, the AFL is seriously considering introducing a mid-season trade period as early as next year. Cameron Schwab pushed the idea and was supported by the other clubs' officials present at the meeting. Basically you would be able to swap players plus trade off/for future draft picks. So you could have the scenario of a player playing for their existing club up to round 11 and then for another club in round 12 and beyond.

Barrett also asked if priority picks will be scrapped. Anderson replied they will be reviewed at the end of the season.

Edit: forgot to add it was mentioned that there's a player push for the return of State of Origin.

Interesting idea.

I wonder whether we would have traded for a ruckman or a CHB or both/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #729 on: August 14, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
Barrett just went to town on us claiming we are just as bad as if not worse than Port Adelaide given we've won one less game than Port has since round 15 last year (6 wins to their 7) and we've copped almost just as many 10+ goal floggings as Port have in that time. He also said we've flown under the radar of criticism and the heat will be turned up with a loss to the Swans this arvo. Browny stood up for us saying we have more upside than other bottom sides like Port but Barrett dismissed it. So expect a Richmond bagging session from the media through the week if we get done today and especially so if it's a bad loss.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #730 on: August 14, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
Barrett is a piece of poo.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #731 on: August 14, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
Barrett just went to town on us claiming we are just as bad as if not worse than Port Adelaide given we've won one less game than Port has since round 15 last year (6 wins to their 7) and we've copped almost just as many 10+ goal floggings as Port have in that time. He also said we've flown under the radar of criticism and the heat will be turned up with a loss to the Swans this arvo. Browny stood up for us saying we have more upside than other bottom sides like Port but Barrett dismissed it. So expect a Richmond bagging session from the media through the week if we get done today and especially so if it's a bad loss.
all poo should be bagged.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: August 14, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »

Barrett is a knob. Yes we haven't got as many wins or as high on the ladder as the media built us up to be. We also have debt that we're trying to pay down. But we are no where near as bad as port off-field or on-field.
Port is really in there own league of trouble which is only matched by the Fitzroy troubles of past.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #733 on: August 14, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
Worse than Port :lol I don't remember us losing by a total of 300 points in two weeks

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #734 on: August 14, 2011, 05:17:08 PM »
When's talkback?  I want to ring in and abuse the poo out of Barrett.