Author Topic: Jack Ross [merged]  (Read 85426 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Jack Ross [merged]
« Reply #510 on: March 10, 2024, 11:53:46 AM »
He’s best 22 for sure.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #511 on: March 10, 2024, 12:51:30 PM »
Came on and at least got some ball.  Still not the answer though imo. he does little to help us with contested ball or clearances and does not tackle.
I just think for the way he plays we need to try and find quicker and better ball users than him.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #512 on: March 10, 2024, 02:34:48 PM »
Came on and at least got some ball.  Still not the answer though imo. he does little to help us with contested ball or clearances and does not tackle.
I just think for the way he plays we need to try and find quicker and better ball users than him.
his ball use has been very decent the last year or 2. Generally pretty reliable. He should be the bloke getting regular games on the wing these days until kids are showing a lot in the VFL. McIntosh and pickett both need to go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #513 on: March 10, 2024, 02:59:03 PM »
Prefer him over Sir Runsalot but still think he belongs on ball....he can't be any worse then the four mannequins that started there yesterday.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #514 on: March 10, 2024, 03:27:47 PM »
Prefer him over Sir Runsalot but still think he belongs on ball....he can't be any worse then the four mannequins that started there yesterday.... :shh

Yep- he should be playing as a mid.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #515 on: March 10, 2024, 05:53:22 PM »
Ross is best 22 now .

He had no business being the sub yesterday.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2024, 05:26:46 PM »
Time for Ross to play some footy

After a summer of hype, Thomson Dow was completely overawed.

There has been plenty of talk that he is the man ready to step into the Trent Cotchin void but he was simply nowhere near it on Saturday.

Dow finished with just six disposals (one kick) from 72 per cent game time.

In comparison, Jack Ross came on in the third quarter and picked up 10 touches from 38 per cent game time.

He went at 80 per cent efficiency, had three inside 50s and simply must start more often.

Source: SEN.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #517 on: March 11, 2024, 09:19:06 PM »
Might not be the answer individually but he damn sure has more runs on the board than Dow and I'm F'd if I know why they play Dow ahead of him and in the guts then move Ross around like a chess piece.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2024, 10:15:34 PM »
I like Jack Ross as a mid. He’s earnt the opportunity to play midfield this season. If it doesn’t wok out, then decide his next move.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #519 on: March 11, 2024, 10:18:08 PM »
Might not be the answer individually but he damn sure has more runs on the board than Dow and I'm F'd if I know why they play Dow ahead of him and in the guts then move Ross around like a chess piece.

X2
Go Tigers!

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #520 on: March 12, 2024, 12:46:13 AM »

X2
X4  :clapping

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #521 on: March 12, 2024, 01:47:11 PM »
Rewatched the 3rd Q.

I have been a huge critic of Ross at times, but in this team, he has to be playing every single week.

Actually came on and looked more composed than every one of our midfielders.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: March 12, 2024, 01:53:05 PM »

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #523 on: March 12, 2024, 10:34:45 PM »
Not looking for a fight here but i have to ask exactly when at the top level has he ever shown or for that matter even played onball.

To play onball id say you have to be a good clearance player and a decent ball winner.Top that off if inside the good ones lay lots of tackles.
The outside ones generally hurt by foot.

He ticks none of these boxes as an onballer. He is bog average in just about everything. There in lies the problem.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: March 12, 2024, 11:17:30 PM »
Um let's see apart from all VFL games that he's played there and often been in our bests... every game he played in his first year before he was injured that up until his half a game four days ago were arguably the best he's played....  :shh

- Thomas Sowell