Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 912596 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3285 on: October 03, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »
Carlton took Thomas over Martin because they were asking a stupid price. Welldone Ralph  :rollin

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #3286 on: October 03, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
What kinda imbecile would pay a broken down 27yo hff 700k , with dustin Martin available 22yo, 16 votes In the brownlow and r up in b&f.. ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3287 on: October 03, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »
With all the negative comments that came out about dusty, its like shooting fish in a toilet.  ;D

Or cats in a barrel
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

gerkin greg

« Reply #3288 on: October 03, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »
What kinda imbecile would pay a broken down 27yo

Petterd?

Gigantor

« Reply #3289 on: October 03, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »
I guess daisys upside is huge

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #3290 on: October 03, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »
Carlton took Thomas over Martin because they were asking a stupid price. Welldone Ralph  :rollin

Carlton are stupid. They could've got Martin for 600k
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #3291 on: October 03, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »

They obviously rate Daisy higher than Martin

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #3292 on: October 03, 2013, 07:26:23 PM »

They obviously rate Daisy higher than Martin

Good luck with that Carlton!!!!!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3293 on: October 14, 2013, 05:34:53 PM »
Choco’s Dusty delight
richmondfc.com.au 
October 14, 2013

Richmond player development manager Mark Williams was extremely impressed with the progress made by young Tiger gun Dustin Martin throughout 2013, both on and off the field.

“Our family’s been really close with him.  He’s come over every week, enjoyed spending time with my kids and wife, and having dinner with us,” Williams told ‘Roar Vision’.

“I’ve also seen the development (in Martin) that others wouldn’t have . . .

In terms of playing performance, Williams highly rated Martin’s 2013 season . . .

“He also had the second most possessions for us and, something that people wouldn’t realise . . . he was No. 2 in the AFL for score involvements.  So, he’s touched the ball somewhere in us scoring, the second most in the whole AFL, which is just unbelievable.”

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-14/chocos-dusty-delight

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3294 on: October 14, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »
Very very important player for our team!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #3295 on: October 14, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
Whenever I hear or see chocco speak I wanna grab a footy .The only other person who revs me up like that is Tommy.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3296 on: October 14, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Yep choco has been enormous for RFC , a great mentor for a younger band of coaches coming through. It's no surprise he s on the short list of every coaching vacancy either , just quietly :shh

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #3297 on: October 14, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »
Yep choco has been enormous for RFC , a great mentor for a younger band of coaches coming through. It's no surprise he s on the short list of every coaching vacancy either , just quietly :shh

Brian Royal has been on the short list of every coaching position for 20 years!!it means absolutely nothing!!!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3298 on: October 14, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »
Royal hasn't been on a short list for 10 years :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin has returned to Richmond training in top shape.
« Reply #3299 on: November 12, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
Tiger Dustin Martin returns to training at Punt Road after looking like leaving at one stage

by: Jon Ralph

DUSTIN Martin has put the repeated controversies of past pre-seasons behind him to return fit and focused for his fifth summer at Richmond.

Martin endured yet another pre-season of turmoil, considering his future with a public tour of Greater Western Sydney's facilities and pondering a shift to Essendon.

Yet he eventually re-signed on a two-year deal, the club and those close to him say he is in terrific shape physically and mentally.

The fifth-year player returned early for his first session at Punt Road yesterday and joined the 1-4 year players.

In 2011 he was given a rocket by coach Damien Hardwick after being "unfit" for a Botanic Gardens time trial, and last summer the club queried his off-field habits.

But after resolving the recent contract impasse, the 22-year-old is ready to build upon a season in which he finished second in the Jack Dyer Medal.

While he eased into training yesterday, the Tigers believe he will again build on a tank that has been a work in progress throughout his career.

Richmond development coach Mark Williams took yesterday's session but is expected to be lost to St Kilda by early next week.

The Tigers are officially saying they will consider his position if he is appointed as St Kilda senior coach, but no one expects them to hold Williams.

While the Tigers could replace Williams his departure would be a blow for Martin, with the Port Adelaide premiership coach forging close ties with the Richmond ball winner.

"Our family's been really close with him. He's come over every week, enjoyed spending time with my kids and wife, and having dinner with us," Williams said recently.

"He had 55 shots on goal (in 2013), and midfielders don't usually have that, so that's brilliant. He also had the second most possessions for us and, something that people wouldn't realise, he was No. 2 in the AFL for score involvements. So, he's touched the ball somewhere in us scoring, the second most in the whole AFL, which is just unbelievable."

Richmond has a relatively light injury list, with Reece Conca (hamstring), exciting forward Liam McBean (ankle) and Matt Dea (back stress fracture) all forced to ease into the pre-season.

The Tigers will take another hard-bodied midfielder at pick 12 in the national draft after recent success with Brandon Ellis, Conca, Martin and last year's revelation Nick Vlastuin.

The Herald Sun phantom draft linked Sandringham Dragons 183m midfielder Christian Salem to the Tigers, with the left-footer's playing style compared to Sydney's Dan Hannebery

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-dustin-martin-returns-to-training-at-punt-road-after-looking-like-leaving-at-one-stage/story-fndv8t7m-1226757909277
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)