Author Topic: General Soccer discussion.  (Read 157283 times)

tony_montana

Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Reply #450 on: August 08, 2015, 09:35:47 PM »
EPL starts tonight - first game Manu v Tottenham. should be a cracker!

Chelsea and The Arse to duke it out for the title.

Man City, manu and Liverpool to battle for 3rd and 4th.

Chelsea, man City and Arsenal not much activity in the transfer market. Manu and Liverpool gone ballistic again to try and close the gap.

Chelsea - No major ins

Arsenal - signed Peter Cech will add stability. If they get benzema in the next few weeks they'll be my title favourites

Man City - brought in Stirling and Delph. Stirling will add some real pace up front and combine well with Ken and Silva. Delph is good midfield depth, but reckon they needed more than that.

Manu - Depay = gun. Schweinsteiger if he is fully fit will be boss, Schneiderlin adds steel to midfield and Darmin is a highly rated leftback.

Liverpool - Benteke = beast. Ings quality bench depth up front. Firmino adds some more class to the attack, Milner will add steel to the centre of the park and Clyne is a class rightback. Starting lineup will have 4 new faces (benteke, Firmino, Milner and Clyne. Watch out for Jordan Ibe massive talent

Surprise packets that will battle for Europa places - Stoke(got 4 youngsters from Barcelona on their books now), Newcastle and Palace

Should we start an EPL thread?

dwaino

« Reply #451 on: August 08, 2015, 10:01:18 PM »
Bosnich has massive wraps on Arsenal this season and has West Ham as the biggest movers (upwards). In laws are big Liverpool fans so I watch them a fair bit so keen to watch with Benteke now. Also happy not to have to watch Sterling. Couldn't stand how he runs and how he looks like he is going to cry every 2 seconds lol. I have never had an EPL team so I usually just watch with general interest but Schweinsteiger has been one of my favourite players for a long time so will look out for some Man U games. On paper Chelsea still look the strongest but don't they?

Kind of an also-ran but Europa qualifiers started. As predicted BVB smashed Wolsfberger 5 zip and should cruise through. I think we're too good for Europa and will sweep through but I'd hate to do a Monchengladbach and get to the pointy end then not only lose out in Europa but have fatigue and injury cause losing Bundesliga games.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #452 on: August 09, 2015, 03:42:55 AM »
Man U open the season with a 1-0 home win.

Man Utd   1 - 0   Tottenham
Bournemouth  0 - 1  Aston Villa
Everton  2 - 2  Watford
Leicester 4 - 2  Sunderland
Norwich   1 - 3  Crystal Palace

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: August 09, 2015, 03:51:11 AM »
Chelsea pooting the bed. 2-2 with keeper sent off  :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #454 on: August 10, 2015, 12:31:38 AM »
UP THE IRONS!
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #455 on: August 10, 2015, 09:48:52 AM »
Meanwhile west ham get knocked out of Europe to Latvia
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #456 on: August 10, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »
Sore Arse Bent Judge?  I thought you were a ManUre flog? In which case you should be thanking us...

Why would West Ham be playing a national team in Europe?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:55:16 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: August 11, 2015, 11:46:15 AM »
Sore Arse Bent Judge?  I thought you were a ManUre flog? In which case you should be thanking us...

Why would West Ham be playing a national team in Europe?

My mistake, it was the 6th biggest club in malta  :rollin

backside is  excellent

Just humour to claim one will make the euro league... And end up making it on fair play... Then spending 45 million quid... To get knocked out by a bunch of fat semi pro eastern Europeans ...

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2015, 08:35:48 AM »
Bosnich has massive wraps on Arsenal this season and has West Ham as the biggest movers (upwards). In laws are big Liverpool fans so I watch them a fair bit so keen to watch with Benteke now. Also happy not to have to watch Sterling. Couldn't stand how he runs and how he looks like he is going to cry every 2 seconds lol. I have never had an EPL team so I usually just watch with general interest but Schweinsteiger has been one of my favourite players for a long time so will look out for some Man U games. On paper Chelsea still look the strongest but don't they?

Kind of an also-ran but Europa qualifiers started. As predicted BVB smashed Wolsfberger 5 zip and should cruise through. I think we're too good for Europa and will sweep through but I'd hate to do a Monchengladbach and get to the pointy end then not only lose out in Europa but have fatigue and injury cause losing Bundesliga games.

Good call re the hammers! That was a very impressive performance last week.

Yeah Chelsea's squad is very strong and would still be favourites. Arsenal probably play the most attractive style in the league and are a Benzema signing away from giving it a shake. Man Utd have some big talent signings but seem light on for striker depth, wouldn't surprise if they signed a top quality forward before the window closes. Defence a bit suspect. City rival Chelsea for strongest squad but don't rate their manager or how they fell away last season. Liverpool suspect manager, a lot of attacking firepower, defence still looks suspect.

Hopefully Dortmund get back to where they belong after this season and glad they hung on to their talent. Halfway through last season it looked like they were going to lose Reus, Gundogen, Hummels, Aubemoyang geez they have a good roster..

dwaino

« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
We nearly lost Mkhitaryan too. That squad was in the brink of relegation for much of last season. Just goes to show how much is mental. Champion squad but if it doesn't click then it doesn't matter who is playing. If we carry our late season form over we should get back to top 4 Bundesliga and romp Europa cup. Big test first up against Monchengladbach.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #460 on: August 17, 2015, 03:07:26 AM »
Man City has flogged Chelsea 3-0.

Arsenal beat Palace 2-1 thanks to an own goal.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #461 on: August 23, 2015, 02:43:55 AM »
EPL overnight ...

Man United  0 - 0   Newcastle United
Crystal Palace  2 - 1   Aston Villa
Leicester City  1 - 1  Tottenham
Norwich City  1 - 1   Stoke City
Sunderland  1 - 1   Swansea City
West Ham  3 - 4  Bournemouth

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: August 24, 2015, 11:05:34 AM »
Ukrainian/russian -> everton?
benzema -> arsenal ?
bale and or muller -> utd?

its all happening

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #463 on: August 30, 2015, 04:20:45 AM »
Chelsea and Liverpool both rolled at home.

Chelsea    1 - 2  Crystal Palace
Liverpool   0 - 3  West Ham
Man City    2 - 0  Watford
Newcastle Utd  0 - 1 Arsenal
Tottenham     0 - 0   Everton
Bournemouth  1 - 1  Leicester City
Aston Villa      2 - 2  Sunderland
Stoke City      0 - 1  West Bromwich Albion

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: August 31, 2015, 02:42:34 PM »