Author Topic: Tigers forced to polls again  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers forced to polls again
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2006, 03:37:33 PM »
Dear god, reading some of the pooh on PRE about this is making me sick!

I seriously think the club should look at the possibility of shutting down the site, or at least distancing themselves from it, Rosy has outrightly accused the enitre board of harassing Jim into quitting, EVEN THOUGH JIM SAYS ON THE SAME THREAD THAT HE DOESN'T FEEL HE WAS HARASSED!  :lol

Phantom (Pahoff) has continued to personally insult board members and make unproven accusations against a certain board member, i would hope that this board member file a charge of defamation against him, or atleast make Rosy delete the comments, as they have been on the site for days UNEDITED.

Dave C has gotten on his high horse, and is spinning his usual rubbish "The board are dictators, why aren't i president, we should dismiss the entire board, why aren't i president, Gary March is a criminal, why aren't i president" on and on he goes.

Seriously these guys need a massive ego check, they think they are above and club and won't be satisfied until they are all on the board, which i hope to god never happens.

I urge Greg Miller and Steve Wright to distance themselves from any involvement with PRE, as they are doing nothing but bad mouthing the club and the current board, usually without any supporting evidence.

:gotigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2006, 04:56:22 PM »

Who cares :banghead :banghead

It's got nothing to do with OER :thumbsup

A bit of free advice - if it's making you sick don't read it  ;D

Yeah  :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2006, 06:30:24 PM »

I seriously think the club should look at the possibility of shutting down the site, or at least distancing themselves from it, Rosy has outrightly accused the enitre board of harassing Jim into quitting, EVEN THOUGH JIM SAYS ON THE SAME THREAD THAT HE DOESN'T FEEL HE WAS HARASSED!  :lol

Phantom (Pahoff) has continued to personally insult board members and make unproven accusations against a certain board member, i would hope that this board member file a charge of defamation against him, or atleast make Rosy delete the comments, as they have been on the site for days UNEDITED.

Dave C has gotten on his high horse, and is spinning his usual rubbish "The board are dictators, why aren't i president, we should dismiss the entire board, why aren't i president, Gary March is a criminal, why aren't i president" on and on he goes.

Seriously these guys need a massive ego check, they think they are above and club and won't be satisfied until they are all on the board, which i hope to god never happens.

I urge Greg Miller and Steve Wright to distance themselves from any involvement with PRE, as they are doing nothing but bad mouthing the club and the current board, usually without any supporting evidence.

You are better off reading the comics than the dribble over at PRE. Word of advice, dont waste your time. :chuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2006, 06:54:26 PM »
Who cares :banghead :banghead

It's got nothing to do with OER :thumbsup

A bit of free advice - if it's making you sick don't read it  ;D

Yeah  :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

Well said WP :clapping.

Anyway back onto the topic ....  Thank goodness commonsense has prevailed and Jim has done the right thing by pulling out of the race given he had zilch chance. I'd rather the $60,000 be spent towards strengthening our playing list than thrown away needlessly as it would have been in this instance if the election had gone ahead.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 04:12:46 PM »
I find it rather amusing that Jim has said he didnt want to be responsible for it costing the club 80k hence why he has pulled out, yet when a figure of 15k was thrown about when he first decided to run he didnt think that was wasting the clubs money.

IMO he wouldnt have won anyway as most of us dont know squat about him, sure the March appointment seems a bit dodgy last year but lets see it for what its worth, last year the board said they now had in place the means to turn their previous wrong doings around, from the recent financials ofcourse things arent great but it does appear they are trying to turn it all around.

I look at this current board for what they have done with the club since I elected them not what has happened over the past 10 years. It's the same when I vote for government. Jim offered nothing except wasting more RFC money whether that was going to be 80k or 15k. Sure as members its our right to vote but seriously what a waste of time it would have been to do it again after 12 months.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2006, 04:49:42 PM »
Well said PRR.

On the yahoo tiger talk email list site, it's claimed that:
in the full 2005 financial report, there is an entry for "Other Services" for monies that our auditors received (remembering that they must conduct our board elections).

In our 2004 accounts we spent $15,750.

In our 2005 accounts we spent $84,000.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/71309

It seems some including Barrett from the Hun are assuming that these figures correspond to the total election costs in each respective year.

Moi

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2006, 05:23:47 PM »
The thing is, if Jimbob hadn't have stood in the first place, do you reckon anyone would have cared if the three incumbents were just elected unopposed?  Doubt there'd be much uproar.  I think everyone is pretty much happy with how last year went despite what Jimbob says.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2006, 06:26:40 PM »
Wouldn't the 2004 election costs be put on the 2005 financial report?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »

A very good question.

In the "Concise" Financial report that was sent out to members - the answer is NO. And before anyone starts saying they are hiding info - what they sent out to members just before or just after Xmas - is all they are required to supply to people under the Corporation Law - GPFR's (General Purpose Financial reports)

In the Full Financial Report which is available to all members on request - which gives a more in depth breakdown of the diffent lines of revenues and exps - yes.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2006, 04:36:22 AM »

I assume given the club runs to a timetable where the footy calendar finishes on October 31 that the January 2004 election (Matthies replacing Jewell) would be in the 2004 report whereas as the December 2004 full board election would be in the current 2005 report. I could be wrong though.

Still $15,000 seems "low". I would have thought the mailout to 27,000 members alone would eat alot of that up. Then there's I assume paying an PWC auditor to oversee the ballot returns, the counting etc...   

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2006, 01:05:17 PM »
I assume given the club runs to a timetable where the footy calendar finishes on October 31 that the January 2004 election (Matthies replacing Jewell) would be in the 2004 report whereas as the December 2004 full board election would be in the current 2005 report. I could be wrong though.

Go to the top of OER's Accounting 101 class  :clapping :clapping :thumbsup

Without boring people with details - the cost of the Dec 04 election is in this years report.

I have a copy of the full financials and there is amount of $84,000 for other services undertaken by our auditors - that would be for last years election costs

So how people can up with $15k who knows but they are way off the mark

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2006, 03:12:18 AM »
So how people can up with $15k who knows but they are way off the mark

Seems they are claiming the figure from the 2004 full financials instead. I don't have a copy to check.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »
Probably a good thing we don't have a wog on the board anyway, they are all cheap idiots!  ;)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2006, 01:01:08 PM »
Im a wog! Would any of you clowns vote for me if i ran for the board. Souvlaki BBQ before the games at Punt Rd, Zorba dancing lessons in the grandstands every time we kick a goal etc etc. Itll be fun lol.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »
Despite my obsession with a heavily techno Zorba song when i was 8 i wouldn't vote for you, caus i only vote for who Greg Miller tells me to!  :lol