Author Topic: NAB Cup: non-Richmond games  (Read 8230 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: NAB Cup: non-Richmond games
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2009, 01:11:15 PM »
I think last night showed that Geeeeeeeeeeeelong are the best team in the comp by a long way. They just stepped up a gear and they couldn't be stopped

IMHO they are a better team than the Hawks even though the Hawks won last year's flag.

I reckon there is Geelong a gap then perhaps Hawthorn and then another group. I dn't think anyone can seriously bunch Collingwood in with the Cats & Hawks ::)
Except deluded Pies supporters who got over-excited over beating sides who didn't care about the NAB Cup  :wallywink.

Agree about Geelong WP. Best side by a mile and playing great footy to watch. Hawthorn pinched one last year thanks to the Pussies choking in front of the big sticks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »
Not that it bothers us but Stevens looks set to miss R2 through suspension as well barring a successful appeal

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/afl/story/0,27009,25194260-5016140,00.html
MAGPIE Chris Bryan is in the clear for his bump on Joel Selwood, but Blue Nick Stevens has copped a one-match ban. The match review panel charged Stevens with striking Fremantle's Nick Suban. The Carlton midfielder's prior record means he can't avoid suspension with an early plea.

Stevens will already miss Carlton's Round 1 match against Richmond due to a suspension incurred last year, meaning he may miss the first two rounds of the season. If he takes the charge to the tribunal and loses he will risk adding another week to his suspension.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »
Bryan is very very lucky to get off. His feet were off the ground when he collected Selwood.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
Bryan is very very lucky to get off. His feet were off the ground when he collected Selwood.

Correct decision for mine..

He didn't make contact with the head.... sanity has prevailed.

Although next week I am sure they'll interept it in the totally opposite manner

That's how the system works isn't it  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2009, 07:25:35 PM »

Correct decision for mine..

He didn't make contact with the head.... sanity has prevailed.

Although next week I am sure they'll interept it in the totally opposite manner

That's how the system works isn't it  :-\
I'm not saying it was the wrong decision it's just Bryan was very very lucky Selwood slipped and moved to his right so Bryan only collected Selwood's shoulder. If Selwood had stayed where he was Bryan with his feet off the ground in the air would've collected Selwood high and been in trouble. You leave yourself open to be reported and suspended once you leave the ground to bump.