Author Topic: Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast / Tigers get End of Round 2 compo pick [official]  (Read 97517 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Mabior Chol [merged]
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2020, 02:13:22 PM »
Chol has played 11 senior games this season and 21 all up. He missed out on selection in Richmond’s 2017 and 2019 triumphs and has been on the list since late 2015.

Hardwick reaffirmed his belief in the 23-year-old, but stopped short of guaranteeing the big man a preliminary final recall.

“We love what ‘Marbs’ brings as a player,” he said.

“He’s a player that is really young in AFL terms. His improvement level every year has been significant for us.

“We are really excited about what he is going to become. He was probably really disappointed with his first half against Brisbane but his second half was very good. We will continue to invest in him. He learns every time.

“Watch him train today, he can do things that other players can’t. We just need to get that consistency level between his very good and his lesser games to his higher level.”

Source: Foxsports

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #331 on: January 11, 2021, 01:24:20 AM »
Who's fighting for a new contract in 2021?

Rhys Knight
theRoar.com.au
10 January 2021

Mabior Chol
‘Two Phones’ is a cult figure at Richmond and has the attributes to make it, but at some stage things have to change. Taken in 2016, he’s played only 21 games during Richmond’s dynasty, and 6.67 touches and six and a half hitouts isn’t the greatest output on the field, With Jack Riewoldt in his twilight years, 17 goals doesn’t give us the greatest indication that he’s got a home in the goal square. Richmond admittedly are an elite side with plenty of guys on the outer, so the main thing working against Chol is that he’s 24 while some of their other ‘fringe’ players are younger.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/01/09/whos-fighting-for-survival-and-whos-flying-toward-a-new-deal-in-2021/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2021, 03:21:56 PM »
Lucky to be on the list. Have we held on too long? suppose time will tell.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2021, 09:51:22 AM »
Lots of boxing training.

Whack him a few times and see if he gets angry.

If not, delist.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2021, 05:42:43 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLoOliLhs7q/

Mabs obviously has too much time on his hands  :laugh:.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2021, 03:50:29 AM »
Dimma post-game said Mabs was really good in the ruck and showed some signs.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #336 on: May 30, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »
Actually displayed some aggro today....still has his issues but can ruck and can play........ :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: May 30, 2021, 05:29:03 PM »
Actually displayed some aggro today....still has his issues but can ruck and can play........ :shh

I liked his new found aggression- needs it every game.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #338 on: May 30, 2021, 05:29:33 PM »

Just needs to work on his marking. Can take them on the lead but if there is an opposition player within a metre of him he doesn’t stick them.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: May 30, 2021, 05:35:39 PM »
Yes that would be one of the said issues.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: May 30, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »
I thought his ruck work, from what I saw of about 60% of the game, was average. That clear tap to O'Brien or whatever was a double facepalm.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2021, 07:38:25 PM »
He helped change the game in the 3rd when he was rucking.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2021, 12:34:45 AM »

I missed the first 7min or so but watched the rest albeit with distraction from wife + 7yo + 4yo + 1yo + 2 dogs so I'll have to watch it again when I'm less stressed also.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2021, 01:39:29 AM »

Which Hardwick then changed back by taking him out of there at the start of the 4th.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2021, 05:15:56 AM »
In his sixth season on Richmond’s list, Chol, 24, returned to the senior side on Sunday to play just his 22nd AFL game and first since being dropped after last year’s qualifying final loss to Brisbane at the Gabba.

Having missed out on all three of Richmond’s AFL flags during his time at Punt Road, the ruckman/forward said he had been particularly driven by last year’s near-miss.

“The first premiership we won I was a bit young and it didn’t really hit me. But I reckon last year was probably the one that hurt a fair bit from my point of view,” Chol said.

“Last year was probably more painful than any other year, and that’s something that’s driven me.”

But speaking from the Tigers’ new Bondi base, Chol said he’d been pleased with his comeback performance, one which yielded two goals.

“I was pretty happy. I thought my contest work was pretty good,” he said.

“The message has been real clear from the coaches. Had a big focus on me to get my contest work up, I needed a big spike on that.

“Just keep improving every week.”

Off-contract at season’s end, and given the Tigers’ glut of quality talls, Queenslander Chol has been linked with an end-of-season trade to Gold Coast. But he said he was keeping his eyes squarely on the short-term.

“I haven’t really thought about the contract talk. I think at the moment I’m really focused on what I can control. The contract stuff will take care of itself,” he said.

Chol, of South Sudanese descent, is close with several of the Tigers’ Indigenous players including Shai Bolton, Daniel Rioli, Marlion Pickett and Derek Eggmolesse-Smith and was looking forward to playing in Saturday night’s Dreamtime game in Perth.

“I know how much it means to them, and I’m just excited to be alongside them. It’ll be amazing to run around them and show them all our love and support,” he said.

Source: The Age