Author Topic: Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast / Tigers get End of Round 2 compo pick [official]  (Read 97505 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Mabior Chol [merged]
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2021, 05:22:47 AM »
Jon Ralph on Fox Footy last night:

Claims manager Ralph Carr has admitted there are 3-4 suitors and one of them is Gold Coast (who are interested in both Mabs & CCJ).

John Ralph "thinks" Richmond has accepted that they will lose Chol as they won't be able to match the 3-year deals and money these clubs will offer Mabior.

John Ralph also added as Chol is from Brisbane there's a connection there to the Gold Coast in Queensland.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-tonight/rival-clubs-circling-tigers-young-guns!803346

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2021, 11:34:54 AM »
Jon Ralph on Fox Footy last night:

Claims manager Ralph Carr has admitted there are 3-4 suitors and one of them is Gold Coast (who are interested in both Mabs & CCJ).

John Ralph "thinks" Richmond has accepted that they will lose Chol as they won't be able to match the 3-year deals and money these clubs will offer Mabior.

John Ralph also added as Chol is from Brisbane there's a connection there to the Gold Coast in Queensland.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-tonight/rival-clubs-circling-tigers-young-guns!803346

What's he worth in a trade? 2nd rounder a stretch?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2021, 02:37:01 PM »
He helped change the game in the 3rd when he was rucking.

Which Hardwick then changed back by taking him out of there at the start of the 4th.... :shh
   :shh  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2021, 10:40:40 PM »
His first qtr alone made this his best game for the club - more of that please!

Was in and out of the game after that just needs more consistency but showed he can contribute well around the ground.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: June 05, 2021, 10:43:25 PM »
Good game but I felt he went missing a bit in Q3-4. His ruck work overall was excellent.

Two opportunities to go back with the flight in the D50 but he was spectating and conceded easy F50 marks for them.

NicNat will absolutely monster the crap out of him.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: June 05, 2021, 10:55:49 PM »
His best performance by far but agree with Andyy with his lack of effort in the defensive half on a few occasions. A lot to like though.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: June 05, 2021, 10:56:26 PM »
Good game but I felt he went missing a bit in Q3-4. His ruck work overall was excellent.

Two opportunities to go back with the flight in the D50 but he was spectating and conceded easy F50 marks for them.

I don't think so Chol played on him lor Soldo last year if I recall with Nank and did well.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: June 05, 2021, 11:05:59 PM »

I don't think so Chol played on him lor Soldo last year if I recall with Nank and did well.

Soldo is the man for the NicNats and Gawns out there. I'd feel better if Nank was available but neither are.

It will be Chol and CCJ getting belted. And hopefully not Pickett.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: June 05, 2021, 11:10:21 PM »
Chol was fantastic with contested marking situations tonight. Best I've seen in this regard at any level.  Keep playing like this and should he leave, the price keeps going up :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2021, 01:54:31 PM »
Showed up the haters...only real concern left now is the tank...which he has a far better chance of improving here than on the Gold Coast.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2021, 02:15:17 PM »
Really good game. His speed is a real asset and is ruck work/marking were good.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2021, 02:18:09 PM »
Maybe the penny has dropped urgency , talent is there no doubt.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2021, 04:49:20 PM »
“He rose to the challenge, ‘Marbs’, he was really impressive,” Hardwick said.

“He’s a guy that’s learning the rigours of AFL (football) . . . He’s been in our system for a fair amount of time, but when you’re asked to play the No. 1 ruck role, it’s a very, very challenging role . . .

“He’ll get used to playing that role a little bit more, obviously, with Toby (Nankervis) missing maybe a couple more (games).

“It gives him an opportunity to grow into the role and grow into the game . . .

“I thought he and ‘CJ’ (Callum Coleman-Jones) were pretty proficient in their tasks tonight and really rewarded the team with their efforts.

“We were pretty pleased with both those guys.”

Chol finished with an AFL career-high 19 disposals, a career-high 10 contested possessions, a career-high six inside-50s, career-high nine intercepts, career-high 19 hit-outs, career-high 338 metres gained and took six marks (two of them contested grabs).

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/953174/chol-steps-up-in-strong-and-bold-style

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2021, 08:55:05 PM »
Best ever game for Richmond, dropped off a bit as he ran out of steam but to expect him to ruck all game by himself would be unreasonable

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: June 07, 2021, 04:00:37 PM »
Matthew Lloyd said Chol needs to back up his performance and have a great game this week against NicNat to force Dimma's hand and keep him in the side. Richmond would be concerned about the moments against Essendon where Phillips pushed forward and outmarked the shorter Pickett. However, Lloyd believes Dimma will still favour playing Pickett in the ruck ahead of Chol when Nank returns. Chol needs a great game against the Eagles to show Dimma this week that playing two rucks (himself and Nank) is the way to go for the rest of the year.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/628003/carlton-headed-nowhere-two-dees-applying-for-one-job