Author Topic: Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast / Tigers get End of Round 2 compo pick [official]  (Read 97505 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Mabior Chol [merged]
« Reply #360 on: June 07, 2021, 05:29:59 PM »
Fair point Lloyd.

Pickett was badly exposed this week. Beggars belief that we would play Pickett in the ruck when we have CCJ in the forward line. Best thing to do would be get Lynch back and play either Chol or CCJ as 3rd tall + ruck relief.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2021, 05:04:04 PM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ... big Nank is out for at least one more match ...

THEN ... it's actually a bonus. It actually forces the Tigers to play Chol, who could be anything.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/628656/if-the-new-president-says-review-and-the-old-president-pipes-up-then

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2021, 04:43:50 AM »
Dimma's post-match comments on Chol:

"I thought Cholly was pretty good. I look at influence throughout and I didn't notice Naitanui was any bigger or better than our guy. But once again I don't really look at the stats and all that so I'm not sure what it is. Thought Mabs had some really good patches and looked really good. The fitness he requires to play at this level will take some time to get to. I thought him and CJ have been real positives for us over the last 3-4 weeks".

Source: RFC website

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2021, 06:28:09 AM »
Gave a contest that's all you ask for his building up .

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2021, 07:10:21 AM »
How many years does it take to build a tank to last four quarters?

He’s been doing our preseasons for 6 years now.

Nankervis was younger than him in our 2017 premiership year and was our no 1 ruck.

Chol has improved and has upside but just need to work harder.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:35:38 AM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »

"I thought Cholly was pretty good. I look at influence throughout and I didn't notice Naitanui was any bigger or better than our guy. But once again I don't really look at the stats and all that so I'm not sure what it is. Thought Mabs had some really good patches and looked really good. The fitness he requires to play at this level will take some time to get to. I thought him and CJ have been real positives for us over the last 3-4 weeks".

Dimma was being nice to boost up his trade value.

Truth is he was rubbish, got his pants pulled down, and after so many years in the system boosting his "fitness" he can now be someone else's problem.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2021, 10:19:00 AM »
Running on the ball all day opposed to playing a position takes a lot more out you and it takes time to build your engine. I don’t think they had him geared up for the ruck in the 2’s

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2021, 01:19:55 PM »
Running on the ball all day opposed to playing a position takes a lot more out you and it takes time to build your engine. I don’t think they had him geared up for the ruck in the 2’s

Agree

He wasn't drafted as a 1st ruckman, he was drafted as KPP and 2nd ruck

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2021, 01:27:05 PM »
He's finally starting to take marks and show a bit of aggro so it's just the tank that's holding him back now...anyone who still thinks he's rubbish simply has nfi... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2021, 02:00:52 PM »
Agree  :shh
He’s  :shh just  :shh starting  :shh to  :shh get  :shh:shh better  :shh attitude  :shh

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2021, 09:23:35 PM »
Fair point Lloyd.

Pickett was badly exposed this week. Beggars belief that we would play Pickett in the ruck when we have CCJ in the forward line. Best thing to do would be get Lynch back and play either Chol or CCJ as 3rd tall + ruck relief.
This is spot on.My preference is CCJ not as athletic and may be a bit on the slow side but he sure has good dukes.
Keep working on his pace agility leap etc put a bit more strength and size into him over a period and he will be a goodun.
Because of these things id be looking to develop him more as a ruckman and go searching for a quality key forward who has these attributes.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2021, 09:26:29 PM »

Either Dimma was not watching or he was being how to say it ? yes  diplomatic.
He was right when he said Chol had some good moments and gave a contest but Naitanui monstered him and had a huge input.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: June 15, 2021, 01:07:33 AM »

Either Dimma was not watching or he was being how to say it ? yes  diplomatic.
He was right when he said Chol had some good moments and gave a contest but Naitanui monstered him and had a huge input.

Yep. When it mattered NicNat's tap work was unreal and WC just got clearance after clearance.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: June 15, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
Did we expect better ?.Considering his not a number one ruck  never has and will never be.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #374 on: June 15, 2021, 10:58:41 AM »

Yep. When it mattered NicNat's tap work was unreal and WC just got clearance after clearance.

So wasn't incumbent on our mids to work to NicNat's ruck work as it would have been expected that this would happen
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)