Author Topic: BIG 4 Brochure in todays mail  (Read 3599 times)

Life goes on

BIG 4 Brochure in todays mail
« on: December 06, 2004, 04:04:16 PM »
When you all get home tonite, go to the letter box, you will find BIG 4 mail out.
Have to laugh about what Francis Bourke says about supporters being disillusioned, you clown Francis, we laughed at your son for years. He and many more suckered money out of our football club and now we put at stop to it and try and change things, you want change.? :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Pity the alternative wasted all this money on printing , could of gave it back to the club in some way, would of cost a small fortune.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: BIG 4 Brochure in todays mail
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 04:06:56 PM »
Hmmm is it with the other voting stuff or on its lonesome?

If it is on its lonesome and if I did get one how did they get my address? I didn't give permission for anyone to give it out

I am confused :banghead :banghead
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 04:10:58 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 04:08:02 PM »
Yeah i have just got mine also, as stated it would have cost them heaps.

All this crap about not being competitive on the field, while it is true its hardly the boards fault.

When they gave Spud the job no one else wanted it. It was pretty much handed on a plate to him.

Anyway, i dont like that little prick Schwab. Too shifty for my liking.

Life goes on

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 04:12:01 PM »
Might ring up Trevor Barrot and find out how he had my address. It says that any undelivered mail be sent back to him and Concord Park Transport. I reckon we all should ring Concord Park in the morning at 9.00 and jam the switch board  :lol

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 04:24:53 PM »
I think I've read and heard all I need to know about this group, after all these months.

It’s obvious to me they:

- Aren’t prepared to accept responsibility, now or at any time.

- Are quick to point the finger, which means they will look for scapegoats when things go wrong.

- Lack credibility – because you can shoot down all their arguments and back them up with evidence, suggesting that they are just scare mongering.

- Have limited capacity and ability to effect real change.

- Lack vision and initiative.

- Have no real understanding of the depths of the problems within the Club, because they try and fix them with the ways we are trying to fix.

- Have no understanding of the level of change needed to take RFC forward, as indicated by the information in their brochure.

- Lack solidity as a group – because they listen to those in the background, rather than gaining strength from their own beliefs.  So can easily stray from any plan, once they see resistance (i.e. they have listened to people in the background throughout this campaign and will yield to their demands in the future). 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 04:27:16 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 05:59:55 PM »
I remember hearing somewhere that the price tag for this was around $30,000.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 06:12:58 PM »
OUr household got 2 copies :banghead :banghead. Like to know how they knew my daughter was eligible to vote.

Don't know why I opened it - having already read it on site.....mad and getting madder :banghead :banghead

If this mob thought our 1999 side was a force and heading towards a premiership we are in deep pooh if they get elected. Talk about vastly overestimating a list!

Life goes on

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 07:16:41 PM »
It even gets better, they have there own website, why do I ask, when they have PRE !

2JD

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 07:21:59 PM »
The big worry is the people who havent taken a great interest in the election, they will vote for the big name former players who have put their names on this thing. Who was the guy on the news tonight who said he'd give his seat up for Rex if he got on board?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
All election stuff in today's mail
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 09:01:13 PM »
Got home tonight and in the mailbox was all the election stuff in one go - the ballot paper, Casey's ticket (9 separate pages - about themselves on themselves; about ticket on back), the Alternative's big 4 brochure + one page summary for all 9 of them plus 2 (?) copies of Justin Ridge's page. Nothing from the other independent Brian Dungey.

The guy on the news was one of the independents - Justin Ridge. In his spiel he says he will step down if he's elected for Rex if no other board member does by Feb 28.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 09:09:03 PM by mightytiges »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 09:14:28 AM »
Well I can report that both copies delivered to our house were turfed into the re-cycle bin.  ;D Don't need them at all.

I went to see my Mum (Ma Powell) last evening and up until yesterday she hadn't said anything about the election. I sat down and she said to me "what's this and who are these people" showing me the BIG4 brochure. I explained what the brochure was, who they were and why she had been sent it. She looked me in the eye and said "I see".

I then asked had she read it and what she thought about it......................

she looked at me again confirmed she'd read it and then she said "bloody lot of bull dung" and that about sums it up I reckon - thanks Ma :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 09:38:26 AM »
I finally got time to read the Big 4 brochure last night. Some of the candidates seem quite good - a couple less so. And unfortunately for Mr B Wood I was one of those people forced to peel some no.16 paraphenalia of my duffle coat when he left the club, which would make it very hard for me to ever vote for him.

The use of 1999 is amusing. Obviously chosen to build the attack on CC, but hardly a benchmark year.

My main concern is the goal of being one of the Big 4. Carlton, Coll & Ess. Perhaps they haven't noticed but the real Big 4 are Port, Brisbane, St Kilda and Geelong. Why not aim to be in that league rather than a group that finished 8,11,13.

Anyway, I am still deciding, but my nine will be a mix of persons of my choosing and it will include people from both tickets.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 11:31:16 PM »
My main concern is the goal of being one of the Big 4. Carlton, Coll & Ess. Perhaps they haven't noticed but the real Big 4 are Port, Brisbane, St Kilda and Geelong. Why not aim to be in that league rather than a group that finished 8,11,13.

Agree PS. The big 4 clubs in the AFL in terms of finances are the crows, eagles, bombers and pies. That big 4 thinking belongs back in the days of the VFL. Like you PS I don't class the pies as big 4 on-field. 1 flag in 46 years is hardly the stuff of a league powerhouse  :sleep.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 12:00:49 AM »

Anyway, I am still deciding, but my nine will be a mix of persons of my choosing and it will include people from both tickets.

This is the attitude that concerns me the most in this election, I'm not having a go at you personally PS as I have seen and read this attitude with alot of posters on the various Richmond boards for several weeks and months. Trust me when I say this is the exact wrong attitude to take in this up comming election, voting for a mix of groups is only asking for some serious trouble. For a start If your a Casey man/woman at least 5 of his group have to get elected in order for him to win the Presidency, you can't afford to gamble with the hope that the 5 will get up, you have to make sure and the only sure fire way that will happen is if you vote for the whole ticket, This is the same if you are a Macek man/woman.

Remember if you are a Casey man that if Casey doesn't get back the Presidency he will quit AND SO WILL GREG MILLER. Casey is not going to work for anybody else full stop and if he doesn't get the numbers he will leave and so will Greg. That's why it's dangerous to mix and match. Pick a president and vote for the whole god damn ticket for gods sake. this mix and match crap is just that, CRAP.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 01:39:40 AM »
While I agree voting for a ticket either way would mean a far better chance for a stable board as it's not split between two factions (no guarantees at Tigerland though  :P - just look at Welsh change his public view within a month earlier this year), I'd still defend every member's right to vote for the 9 "individuals" they think will best serve the Club as it's in the Club's constitution. I will be the first to say it's an idealistic principle in some ways but I hope this is the last election that comes down to a duel between two tickets. If the alternative get up it will IMHO only encourage more tickets to run in the future. Imagine going through all this crap again next year because a faction within the club is too stupid to understand that the youngsters on our list will take a few years to mature as AFL footballers...argh! This isn't federal politics - we are all meant to be on the same side  :-\.