Author Topic: Richo [merged]  (Read 28844 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Matthew Richardson prepares to go on (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »
hey WA Tiger, what else do you want to know ?
Just ask away.
What about the president ?  Geoff Raines was approached to take over ? mmmmmmmmm :shh

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »
Just ask away.
What about the president ?  Geoff Raines was approached to take over ? mmmmmmmmm :shh
Raines as president? The guy who walked out on the club and encouraged his son to do so also?
What a great idea  :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
Just ask away.

gee that cant be true can it Jack?

mate i would be convinced we are finished as a football club if that were to happen.

Geoff is a stuffin loser and his son is no better
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
Just ask away.

Other than Martin who are we going to select with our remaining picks should the players be available.....get this one right and maybe I will apoligise for doubting you. Please try not to pick every player in the National & PSD.... :whistle ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Tigermonk

Re: Richo Retiring
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
l see Richo becoming the next Billy Brownless. Icon around the club & a huge face in the media & alot of fun
Loved his club & never played in a Premiership but will flood the ground with tears when we win a flag
l amazed just how many supporters from other clubs have said they loved Richo & feel sorry for him + alot of the older generation 60 to 90+ year olds adore him  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »
l see Richo becoming the next Billy Brownless. Icon around the club & a huge face in the media & alot of fun
Loved his club & never played in a Premiership but will flood the ground with tears when we win a flag
l amazed just how many supporters from other clubs have said they loved Richo & feel sorry for him + alot of the older generation 60 to 90+ year olds adore him  ;D

I just remember the 2008 Brownlow Medal Count TM and i have never heard a roar like that toward the end when Richo nearly did it.

I really believe every player in that room who wasn't a buldog fan wanted him to win. The amount of sms's i have got this week from mates who are Blues and Pies fan who love him was unbelievable.

He should've been our captain there is no doubt about that. Perfect on and off the field.

I dont think you will find a better role model.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2009, 09:51:21 PM »
Enough with the personal insults  ::)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
Just ask away.
Raines as president? The guy who walked out on the club and encouraged his son to do so also?
What a great idea  :banghead

Can tell you he had NOTHING to do with Andrews decision. Andrew only went because of Michael Voss ;)
Geoff is actually staying in Melbourne to live

Ox

« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2009, 11:53:45 PM »
who gives a stuff Jack.
Its a effen richo thread,ffs.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:06:48 PM by one-eyed »

jackstar is back again

« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2009, 12:23:12 AM »
who gives a stuff Jack.
Its a effen richo thread,ffs.

;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:07:17 PM by one-eyed »

Tigermonk

« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2009, 12:30:05 AM »
was told even a Collingwood supporter was at his press conference to see him off  :lol how did he sneak in there with that jumper on & did he get out  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Matthew Richardson looks to media (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2009, 01:58:26 AM »
Matthew Richardson looks to media
Glenn McFarlane | Sunday Herald Sun November 15, 2009

RETIRED Richmond great Matthew Richardson will this week sift through a number of lucrative media offers as he seeks to launch his post-football career.

Richardson's manager, Ricky Nixon, said yesterday he would meet several key parties this week following the star forward's retirement. There is even a possibility the 34-year-old could be employed with the AFL in an ambassador's role.

"I'm not trying to overcook it, but it is fair to say that we have had a lot of offers from television and radio, and even footy clubs from the country just wondering if he wanted to play with them next year," Nixon said.

"I have spoken to the networks to get a view of where they see him. It is all very positive, but I suppose it comes back how they want to use him."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-richardson-looks-to-media/story-e6frf9jf-1225797735028

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2009, 11:39:15 AM »
Can tell you he had NOTHING to do with Andrews decision. Andrew only went because of Michael Voss ;)

Who told you that Andrew or Geoff - that is very funny

And if you honestly think Geoff had nothing to do with Andrew's decision you are kidding yourself

Dad wasn't very happy with the FACT (had to throw that in) Andrew didn't get a senior game in the 2nd half of the season - that's a FACT. What seems to lost on Andrew and others is he didn't DESERVE a senior game...but who cares now

But []())([] is right this thread isn't about Geoff & Andrew it's about Richo  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »

And if you honestly think Geoff had nothing to do with Andrew's decision you are kidding yourself

Dad wasn't very happy with the FACT (had to throw that in) Andrew didn't get a senior game in the 2nd half of the season - that's a FACT. What seems to lost on Andrew and others is he didn't DESERVE a senior game...but who cares now

But []())([] is right this thread isn't about Geoff & Andrew it's about Richo  ;D

yes l dont wanna talk about Raines or his turncoat father.
But also WP the thread is titled Richo prepares to go on  ;D when some of knew his career was over early in the season

can we hijack it now  :lol just kidding

jackstar is back again

« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2009, 12:15:46 PM »

I wont hijack tis topic, but I will say this.
Geoff has nothing to do with Andrew decision.
Andrew was happy to go back to Queensland and is now living in Brisbane.
Andrew struck up a great friendship with Michael Voss when he went on the Ireland trip some years ago and actually shared a room withhim for the entire tour
Geoff is staying in Melbourne. Who told me you ask ? well both did.

Now back to the Richo topic.
Richo in his own mind knew it was over some 3 months ago and that he would struggle to play on
Someone posted on here that he was training overseas and flying, that was gabbage as the poor bloke struggled to even jog when overseas
RFC knew he wouldnt be going on but gave him the opportunity to see what would happen.
Its of interest that NONE of the membrship or marketing material I have seen for 2010 didnt feature Richo at all.
Richo probably could of played in 2010 if its wasnt for "'Doctor Death"" sending him back on the ground against the Swans. Then again he shouldnt hae played anyway in that game, but thats another story ;)