Author Topic: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Round 13, 2013  (Read 8660 times)

Rampstar

Re: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Round 13, 2013
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2013, 02:46:07 PM »
poor game of footy with afew highlights, vickery actually showed he had some nuts last night and IMHO took a few forward steps in how he plays. Now if he can play with that intensity more often he may yet be a very nice player, otherwise it seemed to me we are miles in front of footscray and we did what we had to do. Tackling is an issue we need to see more of it from our team otherwise a good win and the 4 points in the bag.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »
What we've learnt during the coarse of the year is that sort of poo doesn't cut it when you play the top teams.
We play tough and we pushed freo and beat west coke in Perth.

I don't mean to be upset as such but I wasn't the only one. Hardwick apparently spat the dummy too.

We can't get sucked in to that style of play. It's soft, its big headed and it won't win finals we won't beat the top four teams either. If we allow it, it will become our downfall because that'll be the norm rather than the exception.
We need to be hard and tough no excuses.

WTF ? WE KICKED THEIR AR$ES !
I'm not saying I don't like winning. Don't get me wrong.
What I can't stand is soft footy. If we allow it to be engrained into our players its ok to play like this because we beat teams like the bulldogs we will never win a final.
Our team is young and the way it played against freo and west coke or adelaide must be the norm. That's the sort of footy that will take you to the next level.

If we are just running around getting the easy kicks but not willing to go in hard and kill the opposition we are not going to break any team. Great teams can flex the muscle and smash an opponent into submission. Then its a mind game where teams once they're broken they are easy to smash that's when you get teams dropping and fumbling with referred pressure just because their scared of you. That's how it used to be. Teams were poo scared of us and I want this again.
11 tackles to half time isn't good enough.

A win is a win and I'm wrapped for it but I just don't like soft lollipop girly footy that's all. If we played like did against the eagles we would've easily won by 100 points.

We need to know how to be a finals team and play like one all the time.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
Even though our tackling numbers were down we still corralled and hassled the opposition. Not many stoppages to get easy tackles either. The fact they kept kicking it to us instead of their own team made it hard to tackle them. Do we need to get better? Of course. But it wasn't all doom and gloom. They scored 61 for a whole game  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »

Our team is young and the way it played against freo and west coke or adelaide must be the norm.

We were terrible against Freo.  Soft, reactionary and zero urgency.  If we played them with anywhere near the intensity of recent games we would have beaten them quite easily and be now sitting in the Top 4.  It still staggers me that we got as close as 1 point in that game.

dwaino

« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2013, 11:05:28 PM »

Our team is young and the way it played against freo and west coke or adelaide must be the norm.

We were terrible against Freo.  Soft, reactionary and zero urgency.  If we played them with anywhere near the intensity of recent games we would have beaten them quite easily and be now sitting in the Top 4.  It still staggers me that we got as close as 1 point in that game.

Unrelated to your point, be regarding beating Freo, we would be ahead of them and wankers would be still carrying on that we haven't beaten anyone  :lol If we lost to West Coke and Carlton then they would be above us and same tossers would be banging on we can't beat anyone above us.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2013, 11:33:54 PM »
Tackling stats ar are overrated.. Not every team plays the same and not every game will have high tackling. ESP when many of our tackles are not rewarded.
If we kicked straight we would have won by 15 goals but we still pumped them by 10
It was a good win
ESP when Foley the stuff up toss kept giving the ball back to them

If they kicked straight we would've only won by 5 goals

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2013, 06:28:23 PM »
Tackling stats ar are overrated.. Not every team plays the same and not every game will have high tackling. ESP when many of our tackles are not rewarded.
If we kicked straight we would have won by 15 goals but we still pumped them by 10
It was a good win

36 scoring shots to 21?  How do you figure that?   :huh

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2013, 10:19:39 PM »
It was a good win

We want from 3.1 to 4.8 in the first and won by 9.6.
With more care we could have won by 15 goals.
Only way they would have got within 30 points was if we kicked 10 goals from 36 scoring shots.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
He argued if we kicked straight we would've had an extra 6 goals. So for arguments sake I said if they had of kicked straight they would've kicked an extra 6 goals. Just don't like when people try and twist stats to make a point when the other team actually kicked worse than we did.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »
Coaches' votes: (Hardwick & McCartney)

Western Bulldogs vs Richmond

9 Houli (Rich)
8 Griffen (WB)
4 Jackson (Rich)
3 Martin (Rich)
2 Conca (Rich)
2 Morris (Rich)
2 Riewoldt (Rich)

http://aflca.com.au/index.php?id=14&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1156&tx_ttnews[backPid]=9&cHash=e7e6db6a8b

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »

Spot on. We hardly touched the ball for 2 quarters.  :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2013, 03:04:21 PM »
Lol Boyd is a potato.  :lol

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame