Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 286394 times)

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Reply #2865 on: April 03, 2024, 06:37:29 PM »
I think each one of on here should be emailing the prez and Benny.

Will it achieve anything? No.

Though Something is better than nothing. I will do it today.

If I didn't have the kids with me the other day I would have walked out due to them. They are really putting me off watching full games. Absolute cheats they are .

So did you get a response?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2866 on: April 06, 2024, 07:34:20 PM »
2022 Elimination Final revisited today in the Freo vs Carl game albeit it was the point post.

https://twitter.com/TroutWoodend/status/1776505877966795001

This time the ARC says "insufficient evidence" and nothing about triangulation. They just make it up as they go along ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2867 on: April 06, 2024, 10:15:38 PM »
Don’t worry about that. 4 umpires missed the most obvious touches you will ever see and paid carlton a mark 20m out directly in front. Then to add insult to injury they awarded a free kick from the same spot directly afterward for umpire ‘abuse’.

AFL on a mission this season to get blues a flag it seems.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2868 on: April 06, 2024, 10:34:55 PM »
Go back to one field umpire..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2869 on: April 06, 2024, 11:09:14 PM »
Watching Geelong Dogs, the umpires love Geelong, bloody embarrassing, surely the AFL should step in, absolute disgrace

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2870 on: April 06, 2024, 11:12:44 PM »
I don’t know that last goal from the doggies involved one hell of a shove in the back.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2871 on: April 06, 2024, 11:18:03 PM »
Tell me you missed the rest of the game without telling me you missed the rest of the game:

I don’t know that last goal from the doggies involved one hell of a shove in the back.

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2872 on: April 06, 2024, 11:29:59 PM »
Tell me you missed the rest of the game without telling me you missed the rest of the game:

:shh

lol good and accurate call

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2873 on: April 06, 2024, 11:36:08 PM »
I personally think the score review system hasn't added anything good to the game one iota.

Only has brought more frustration and added to the idiotic circus of controversy and the ridiculousness of being at the ground and waiting for someone in a box looking at several screens to just refer back to the umpires call (except for the Lynch goal).

150 years of goal umpire putting themselves in perfect position and backing in their own judgement and making a bloody decision to now this farcical pantomimic goal square circus we have now.

What a bloody waste of time!

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2874 on: April 07, 2024, 07:41:46 AM »
I personally think the score review system hasn't added anything good to the game one iota.

Only has brought more frustration and added to the idiotic circus of controversy and the ridiculousness of being at the ground and waiting for someone in a box looking at several screens to just refer back to the umpires call (except for the Lynch goal).

150 years of goal umpire putting themselves in perfect position and backing in their own judgement and making a bloody decision to now this farcical pantomimic goal square circus we have now.

:cheers :clapping

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2875 on: April 07, 2024, 09:42:36 AM »

Agree

Look at last night

Goal ump last night called for a review.. he said "I think it is a goal, just check?"

Check what? There was no players around to touch it, no where near the post so why the review

The Stengle mark was a shocker by the ARC

A farcical system
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2876 on: April 07, 2024, 11:14:50 AM »
VAR ruining soccer even worse.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2877 on: April 07, 2024, 02:14:34 PM »
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-celebrate-as-dockers-dissent-seals-win-for-the-blues-20240406-p5fhvu.html

What a bunch of lazy corrupt pos. Where was the evidence beyond reasonable doubt against lynch?

I'm not sure who is worse the umpires or the afl. I think they are both as corrupt as each other.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2878 on: April 07, 2024, 06:16:35 PM »
The goal umpires have clearly been instructed to review more often and even when it’s so obvious it’s a joke. How many reviews have we seen for ‘ check that it missed the post’ and it’s missed by 3 metres with the goal umpire right in place.

Another issue… if 4 field umpires don’t call touched off the boot, then they shouldn’t be able to intervene and review it as part of a ‘goal line’ decision. Otherwise, the ARC should be able to review and decide on every missed decision relating to the shot on goal.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2879 on: April 07, 2024, 06:18:33 PM »
Every goal gets checked in the time the ball is being returned to the middle anyway. I don’t know why the umpires and goal umpires feel the need to stop the game while a check is being done for something that so clearly doesn’t need to be reviewed.