Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 278729 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: August 20, 2020, 04:19:50 PM »
Gez him and Dave both had to have minor procedures while returning from injury not to my liking from fitness staff get it right first time.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1216 on: August 20, 2020, 05:16:24 PM »
It could be worse georgies, we should be lucky we aren’t the pies or the bombers both with horrid runs of injuries to key players.

Lynch breaks his finger and doesn’t miss a beat.

DeGoey breaks his finger and will miss 10 weeks.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1217 on: August 20, 2020, 07:07:29 PM »
If I heard right, Mark Stevens said it's going to be race to get Prestia right for the finals after getting an infection in his foot.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1218 on: August 20, 2020, 08:29:25 PM »
If I heard right, Mark Stevens said it's going to be race to get Prestia right for the finals after getting an infection in his foot.

You heard right
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1219 on: August 31, 2020, 06:56:20 PM »
Ch7 showed vision of Prestia on a tethered IV drip while walking laps at training. The procedure he had was to treat an infection in his injured ankle and the drip is to aid his recovery. He is expected to start running tomorrow. No word yet on when he will return to the side.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1220 on: September 01, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »
Healy on the couch said something about aiming to play R18 vs crows

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1221 on: September 01, 2020, 04:12:18 PM »
Dion Prestia started running on Tuesday with an eye to returning in the first week of finals.

The reigning best and fairest has been connected to an intravenous drip in an attempt to flush out an infection stemming from his latest bout of ankle surgery late last month.

“He started running today with the IV drip still in, so he’s got a couple more days with that before it’s taken out,” Hardwick said.

"It’s starting to progress well. It's not the injury itself that's going to need a little bit of time, it's just everything around the injury," Hardwick said.

"With the soft tissue nature of the game, it will be the one thing we'll need to make sure we get Dion back to full fitness.

"We're hoping the bye at the front-end of the finals will be a blessing for him and give him another week of prep.

"Fingers crossed he gets some footy towards the back-end of the home and away season, but probably more likely the first couple weeks of finals."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/494478/premiership-midfielder-to-join-grimes-out-of-tigers-side
http://www.krockfootball.com.au/afl-news/injury-curse-worsens-tigers/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1222 on: September 17, 2020, 01:09:25 PM »
"Dion's probably [aiming for] the first week of finals", coach Damien Hardwick said.

Prestia is expected to play at practice match level next week during the bye as he recovers from his ankle injury before the Tigers hope to have him back for their first final.

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1223 on: September 24, 2020, 02:44:22 PM »
Gun Tiger faces crucial test to prove finals fitness

Richmond's Dion Prestia faces one last test before the Tigers' opening final.

By Mitch Cleary
afl.com.au
24 September 2020

A SCRATCH match on Saturday will determine whether reigning Richmond best and fairest Dion Prestia has done enough to play in the Tigers' qualifying final against Brisbane.

Prestia, 27, hasn't featured at AFL level since suffering a syndesmosis injury in round five that required surgery and required a follow-up procedure in August after an infection was discovered in the wound.

The Tigers are treading carefully with their gun midfielder and their caution could see him put on ice until the second week of finals if they deem he hasn't completed enough conditioning.

The match practice against a yet-to-be-confirmed opponent on Saturday will fall just six days out from their finals bout with the Lions at the Gabba. 

"That'll be a challenge as to how we deal with both of them," Tigers senior club advisor Neil Balme told the club's podcast.

"We love Dion as a player, whether he's done quite enough (remains to be seen).

"We will then make the judgements of how well he's going (after match practice) and how well he feels and is he right from a conditioning point of view to play.

"If he is right, we'll want to play him but it'll be a challenge to fit him into the team.

"I think he's a reasonable chance, almost a certainty to play at some stage in the finals, it's still up in the air whether he plays the first one.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510528/gun-tiger-faces-crucial-test-to-prove-finals-fitness
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:09:34 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1224 on: September 25, 2020, 06:10:14 AM »
Richmond had planned to play a scrimmage on Saturday and test Dion Prestia in that game, but that won't happen now. Club confident it won't change Prestia's chances of playing in QF next week. Tigers will train fully tomorrow and Prestia will be put through his paces then.

https://twitter.com/CalTwomey/status/1308998378752290819

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1225 on: September 25, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »
I think Prestia has missed a lot of footy and I wouldn’t be upset if he wasn’t picked for the first final.

If it’s touch and go, why would you take the risk?

Bringing in Lynch and Bolton is enough IMO for a final.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1226 on: September 25, 2020, 10:20:36 AM »
It's Brisbane. I reckon we can afford to carry and underdone Meatball against those pussies.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1227 on: September 25, 2020, 11:51:46 AM »
It's Brisbane. I reckon we can afford to carry and underdone Meatball against those pussies.
Agree. Ease him in with 65% game time. With Graham doing the bullocking work inside and now Bolton proven as a midfielder and don’t forget we have Edwards back. Cotchin steps up to ease the burden so Dusty can move forward when feeling a goal is coming on. Lambert can run through their also and Ross if he’s still in the team.
I don’t see why Prestia wouldn’t play.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1228 on: September 25, 2020, 12:25:30 PM »
Agree too.  I'm prepared to carry him for a game to get him up to speed.  Bring on the Meatball!     :gotigers
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1229 on: September 25, 2020, 10:06:52 PM »
Richmond star Dion Prestia stepped up his bid for a finals return with a strong training session as he returns from ankle surgery.

@_AMcCormack7 #7NEWS

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1309415820825522179