Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 906591 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5550 on: May 07, 2022, 01:13:41 PM »
I can’t belive how full of it some Jurno are, they are on equal pegging with car salesmen
Dusty has a contract, he has investments in Melbourne , hi friends and support are at Tigerland, he is a legend who will go down as one of our best ever and his manger is welcome at our club.,
so he wants this FW basing his story on?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5551 on: May 07, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »
Agreed.

Dusty has been here what 13 years?

Doubt he's homesick anymore

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5552 on: May 07, 2022, 06:21:50 PM »
 :highclap

2. DUSTY‘S BACK

23 disposals (15k, 8h, 7c, 18u, 69.6% eff.)
5 marks
2 clearances (1 centre clearance)
3 inside 50s
1 intercept
358 metres gained
11 score involvements
2 goals
1 behind
85% time on ground

Regardless of what team you barrack for, the sight of Dustin Martin on an AFL field is one we haven‘t seen anywhere near enough of in recent times.

A lacerated kidney brought an end to his season in the backhalf of last year and, after round one this season, Martin took time away from the game to deal with the sudden loss of his father.

Ending a 51-day absence on Saturday, Martin was cheered every time he had the ball, before things truly erupted in the third term, with the three-time Norm Smith medallist putting through a goal.

“Every Richmond player on the ground has run to Dusty,” Jason Dunstall said on Fox Footy.

“That’s the excitement and joy that he brings to this group and to this football club.”

Nick Riewoldt added: “It (the celebration from teammates) was like a first-gamer.”

Tigers teammate Tom Lynch told Fox Footy post-game the team “loved having Martin back”

“When he kicked that goal and got a fair reception – that was pretty special,” Lynch said.

Speaking pre-game to Fox Footy, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick was full of praise for Martin.

“It was exciting obviously from our point of view, he’s just such a wonderful player. Not only good for us but for the AFL in general, it’s good to have great players back,” he said.

“He’s probably going to be a little bit rusty today but as we’ve said previously, a half-going Dustin Martin is still pretty good.”

If this was Martin at half-pace, he‘s going to make for riveting viewing as the season progresses.

Source: Foxsports

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5553 on: May 08, 2022, 06:38:12 PM »
The Tackle: Dusty media snub not good enough

Dustin Martin’s return had the footy world smiling but a post-game move from the Tigers superstar has ticked off Mark Robinson.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-8-of-the-2022-afl-season/news-story/7f1eb2a7742bfd0b3b495c07316bcfaa

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5554 on: May 08, 2022, 06:49:36 PM »
The media write gutter crap about him while he was away grieving and Robbo expects him to give them time  ::).

Dusty didn't snub anyone that mattered. He went over to the fence to give high 5s to Tiger supporters.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1522828107371085824
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5555 on: May 08, 2022, 08:34:40 PM »
The media write gutter crap about him while he was away grieving and Robbo expects him to give them time  ::).

Dusty didn't snub anyone that mattered. He went over to the fence to give high 5s to Tiger supporters.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1522828107371085824

Robbo is way off the mark here. A few weeks ago he printed a "Dusty" story where he stated he didn’t "understand" grieving. But now he whacks because Dusty didn't do media.

Just because Dusty's back playing doesn't mean he still isn't working through alot of stuff. It takes time, media should respect that, clearly they can't
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5556 on: May 09, 2022, 04:55:07 PM »
85% time on ground but I reckon he didn’t get out of second gear but still managed to have significant impact.
Should’ve had three goals but the moron umpire said he pushed that filth player in the back.   :banghead :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5557 on: May 10, 2022, 02:46:56 AM »
"You're not objective about Richmond. You never have been and you never will be." 🌶️

"That's a ridiculous statement."

The panel clashes with Caro over her defence of Dustin Martin, who chose not to be interviewed after his return match.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1523624255132426242

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5558 on: May 11, 2022, 04:28:05 PM »
Fantastic Dusty. Jabba and others like Morris used to  :lol make up stories, and he expects players especially ones like Dusty who hate the media to play ball.

Please.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5559 on: May 11, 2022, 05:04:21 PM »
I have never cared too much for quotes from players that are media shy or who are uncomfortable in the spotlight.
The problem is that you are forcing them to do something that makes them uncomfortable which I don’t think if fair on that individual.

I don’t force shy people at work to speak publicly or present if they don’t want to do it because that wouldn’t fly in today’s workplace.

How is this any different?

In this age of being “authentic” we are forcing people to be someone that they are not.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5560 on: May 13, 2022, 07:51:42 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5561 on: May 13, 2022, 07:53:39 PM »
The media is pushing this crap  ::).

Tune in as a three-time All-Australian says he has the perfect landing spot should Dustin Martin wish to escape the Melbourne fishbowl and finish his career elsewhere.
@RalphyHeraldSun
https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1525002125851631618

Peter Everitt ended his playing career in the less intrusive AFL market of Sydney, and says the two NSW clubs should be making a play for Dustin Martin for exactly the same reason.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sacked-2022-spida-everitt-says-swans-or-giants-the-perfect-fit-for-dustin-martin/news-story/19c5d9295d4004e838603a4ddad979c2

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5562 on: May 13, 2022, 11:29:37 PM »
Swannies have picks 13, 18 and 31 this year.

If Dusty wants to go I'd be asking for both those first rounders so we have another 5 top 30 picks.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5563 on: May 14, 2022, 07:34:51 AM »
Sorry Andy that’s a terrible deal.

I don’t care about his age we would be dudded in that deal.

I would tell them all to shove it personally until the end of next year, and it’s Green plus a top 10 pick min.  Dusty we have been told can play till his late 30’s, and now all of a sudden I read on here she is an issue.

He brings more to a club than draft picks,  and we lose that if he goes.

The other elephant in the room is clarko and GWS. Will clarko or any coach give up green?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #5564 on: May 14, 2022, 08:40:13 AM »
If he really wants to go, let him. We owe him nothing and vice versa.

Whoever the suitor is, it would be about maximising his value in return. Remembering that he probably has 5-6 years left in him, has been the most influential finals player in the last 10-15 years.

We have proved that we can play without him...he just makes us soooooooooooooo much better!

The Tom Green discussion needs to be based on talent (current/future), not emotion.