Author Topic: Marlion Pickett [merged]  (Read 124120 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Marlion Pickett [merged]
« Reply #750 on: July 30, 2023, 09:18:34 PM »
I think he’s been poor ever since he got moved to the fwd line. Have pretty much listed him as an out in every “changes” thread since maybe week 2 or 3 of him playing there. But I dunno thought he was a lot more involved today.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #751 on: July 30, 2023, 09:31:09 PM »
Seems to be getting himself into a tangle with the ball for no good reason a lot - like he just suddenly forgets where he is and what he's supposed to be doing. Would also be nice if he actually held one of those attempted speccys for once. Building quite an impressive collection of almost motys to rival Shane Edwards. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #752 on: July 30, 2023, 10:26:46 PM »
I think he’s been poor ever since he got moved to the fwd line. Have pretty much listed him as an out in every “changes” thread since maybe week 2 or 3 of him playing there. But I dunno thought he was a lot more involved today.

sheesh i agree. Has definately struggled since losing his wing spot. Another case of a mid struggling as a forward when we should be either playing him back on his wing or dropping him and playing a natural fwd.

Still think McIntosh is a protected species Marlion imo is a far better option on a wing than him.
Dont know how Ross went today but i didnt see him in the last quarter.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #753 on: August 04, 2023, 10:01:42 PM »
One of Doggie idiots in the crowd reached over the fence and grabbed Pickett. No mention yet what was said to Marlion.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: August 04, 2023, 10:24:22 PM »
Last year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #756 on: August 04, 2023, 10:40:32 PM »
‘Should be banned for life’: Shocking crowd scenes as fan blasted for ‘dangerous’ act

Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
August 4th, 2023 10:29 pm

The AFL should move to ban the fan who reached out and repeatedly touched Tiger Marlion Pickett at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, Fox Footy’s Jordan Lewis believes.

Pickett had been beaten in a one-on-one making contest with Bulldog Marcus Bontempelli and overcommitted.

As Bontempelli ran into the open goal, Pickett was left getting to his feet over the boundary line.

With his back to the crowd, a rogue fan reached out and patted Pickett repeatedly on the shoulder and then started gesturing to the Tiger as he turned around.

A security guard, who was seated just a metre away, quickly got to his feet to step in between the fan and Pickett.

The Tigers premiership hero could be seen swiping at the man’s hand as he returned to his seat.

Lewis described the whole ordeal, which unfolded late in the third term, as unacceptable.

“You never ever, ever, ever touch a player on the ground – I don’t care who you are,” he said.

“That fan right there should be banned for life.”

Fellow Fox Footy commentator Jonathan Brown agreed it was an unacceptable situation for Pickett to be placed in, and praised his ability to walk away from the confrontation.

“(The fan) should be kicked out,” he said.

“We don’t want to ever see that in a game.

“It’s such a dangerous situation.

“Marlion Pickett should be congratulated for keeping under control.

“He could have quite easy gone bang! and put one on his chin.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/should-be-banned-for-life-shocking-crowd-scenes-as-fan-blasted-for-dangerous-act/news-story/05b08e078595e1e08ffa203ea64c09c7

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: August 04, 2023, 11:26:32 PM »
Was probably tapping him to say how crap he is.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #758 on: August 04, 2023, 11:45:47 PM »
Been horribly out of form since his arrest and being charged in WA
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #759 on: August 05, 2023, 12:34:21 AM »
'It shouldn't happen': McQualter slams fan's Pickett contact

Richmond interim coach Andrew McQualter says players should never be touched by fans when they're on the field, after a spectator made contact with Marlion Pickett over the fence.

By AAP
5 August 2023

THE AFL will likely investigate an ugly incident at Marvel Stadium after Richmond utility Marlion Pickett was touched over the fence by a fan.

Just before three-quarter-time in Friday night's match, Pickett was chasing Bulldogs superstar Marcus Bontempelli into the Tigers' defensive 50 and he ran right towards the fence.

A fan in the crowd reached over to mockingly put a hand on Pickett’s shoulder, with the dual Richmond premiership player turning around and knocking a drink out of the supporter’s hand.

As soon as the siren sounded at three-quarter-time, Pickett made a beeline towards the same section of the crowd where the incident happened and briefly interacted with a security guard.

The 31-year-old had a long conversation with Richmond football boss Tim Livingstone before the final quarter began, which Pickett started sitting on the bench.

Interim Richmond coach Andrew McQualter said it was "disappointing" the incident happened.

"I don't know the full details, but it shouldn't happen," he said.

"We love fans in our game, and they're so critical to our game, but our players should never, ever be touched when they're on the football field.

"I think all Marlion was doing was alerting Tim (Livingstone) to the fact that something happened, and just getting security to deal with it and the AFL will deal with it now."

Back in 2018, an Adelaide supporter was banned from attending games at the Adelaide Oval for the rest of that season after reaching over the fence and touching Bulldogs captain Easton Wood on the backside.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/993672/-it-shouldn-t-happen-mcqualter-slams-fan-s-pickett-contact

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fan cops 14-month long ban for contact with Tiger Pickett (afl site)
« Reply #760 on: August 07, 2023, 06:30:57 PM »
Fan cops long ban for contact with Tiger Pickett

By Martin Smith and staff writers
afl.com.au
7 August 2023

A PATRON has been banned from attending AFL and AFLW games for more than a year after making contact with Richmond player Marlion Pickett at Marvel Stadium on Friday night.

The incident occurred during the third quarter of Richmond's loss to the Western Bulldogs, when the patron stood up in his seat, leant over the fence and patted Pickett on the shoulder three times while he had his back turned.

The dual Richmond premiership player turned around and knocked a drink out of the supporter's hand in response.

The patron, who is not an AFL or club member and was sitting in the general admission section of the ground, has been banned from attending matches until October next year.

"We have the best fans in the world and more than 6.4 million people have attended the footy this year and we want everyone who comes to the footy to cheer for their team and enjoy the experience of being there, but when you overstep the boundaries, which is what happened on Friday night, then you will lose the privilege of being able to attend the footy," said Kylie Rogers, the AFL's executive general manager customer and commercial.

"Our clear message is this – we love the interactions between players and fans especially in the precious moments pre and post-game – however what we saw on Friday night during the match is not acceptable and never will be."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/997577/fan-cops-long-ban-for-contact-with-tiger-pickett

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #761 on: August 07, 2023, 06:39:03 PM »
Marlion interviewed about it by Ch 9 today:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1688465247852503040

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Fan cops 14-month long ban for contact with Tiger Pickett (afl site)
« Reply #762 on: August 07, 2023, 08:51:33 PM »

https://www.afl.com.au/news/997577/fan-cops-long-ban-for-contact-with-tiger-pickett

14 months is not long ban, it's a slap on the wrist

Guarantee if it was another player it would have been longer

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: August 07, 2023, 11:51:36 PM »
Wonder what the dog said to Pickett as well

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fan cops 14-month long ban for contact with Tiger Pickett (afl site)
« Reply #764 on: August 08, 2023, 01:01:26 AM »

14 months is not long ban, it's a slap on the wrist

Guarantee if it was another player it would have been longer

Hahaha stuff I've heard it all now. 14 months is sufficient

In fact Pickett should get 14 months for being a pussy about the whole thing.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.