Author Topic: Marlion Pickett [merged]  (Read 124100 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Marlion Pickett [merged]
« Reply #780 on: August 20, 2023, 01:56:20 PM »
Is he contracted?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #781 on: August 20, 2023, 02:00:24 PM »
Is he contracted?
::)

I posted this 2 posts back

He is contracted for next year, he hit a trigger so he has a contract. So based on that and depending on what happens with the legal mess he finds himself in he will be there next year

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: August 20, 2023, 03:30:00 PM »
Why isn’t he in the team photo from today around the 3 cups?
He was there (right side of Jack in the photo below at the back near Maurice and Bolton). The angle of some of the photos have Marlion obscured by Floss just in front of him.

Thanks for the clarification!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #783 on: August 20, 2023, 03:37:01 PM »
Clearly photoshopped....:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #784 on: August 20, 2023, 10:41:11 PM »
Couple of points

He is contracted for next year, he hit a trigger so he has a contract. So based on that and depending on what happens with the legal mess he finds himself in he will be there next year

He hasn't been the same player since he got arrested and subsequently charged after the Eagles game

He isn't a forward but based on what we got told in a the pre-match yesterday up until yesterday he's been playing his role as a forward that they want him to play.

I don't think he should play next week based solely on form.

I agree with that as well but it may be coincidence he has not played well since he was moved from his wing position. To acknowledge that it would mean you have to be critical of the club.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #785 on: November 30, 2023, 11:57:32 PM »
Pickett has not yet entered a plea, and will appear before the court on Wednesday December 6, but his manager stated upon his arrest Pickett would be defending himself against the charges.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/premiership-tiger-marlion-picketts-alleged-cooffender-admits-role-in-crime-spree/news-story/f04ef732fe47f33f39fe5904db0b97f2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #786 on: December 06, 2023, 08:23:10 PM »
Dual AFL premiership player Marlion Pickett is expected to enter pleas to multiple charges, including aggravated burglary, next year after his latest court appearance was adjourned.

The matter was listed as a committal mention in Perth Magistrates Court on Wednesday but was adjourned by consent until January 19.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/article-12830811/Marlion-Pickett-court-burglary-charges-Perth-AFL-footy-Richmond-Tigers.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #787 on: December 20, 2023, 11:10:28 PM »
Player likely to lose his spot in the 22: Marlion Pickett

The two-time premiership hero played a pivotal out-of-position role as a marking forward to help alleviate the burden on Jack Riewoldt last season.

Before that he had made his home on the wing, performing an admirable role on the opposite side of Kamdyn McIntosh.

Pickett, who turns 32 in January, still has a bit to offer at senior level but it won’t surprise if he’s not a first choice selection in 2024.

Yze may want to look at younger options on the wing, while using Pickett as a fallback plan if Tom Lynch or Jacob Koschitzke are missing.

Source: SEN

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #788 on: December 21, 2023, 10:51:17 AM »
Did I miss something this season where marlon pickett can be a back up KPF to Tom lynch?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: December 21, 2023, 04:54:04 PM »
Did I miss something this season where marlon pickett can be a back up KPF to Tom lynch?

Laughable isn't it.

Lynch and Kosi go down so this peanut talks about Pickett.

Not Bauer. Not Ryan. Heck not even Miller or Balta given we have Gibcus, Young, Grimes and Broad down back.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #790 on: December 21, 2023, 09:18:28 PM »

Laughable isn't it.

Not Bauer. Not Ryan. Heck not even Miller or Balta given we have Gibcus, Young, Grimes and Broad down back.

I actually took it to mean being a back up forward might be the best chance for Pickett to play AFL

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: December 21, 2023, 09:55:47 PM »

Laughable isn't it.

I actually took it to mean being a back up forward might be the best chance for Pickett to play AFL

I would rather play him anywhere else

Wing, HBF, heck even the ruck

He was the most useless as a forward and even I wanted to try him there for a while myself. Useless

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Pickett Court Case Adjourned to1 March
« Reply #792 on: January 21, 2024, 09:21:40 PM »
Premiership Tiger Marlion Pickett’s court appearance in Perth adjourned until early March

Ben Waterworth from Fox Sports

@bjwaterworth

January 21st, 2024 7:45 pm

Dual premiership Tiger Marlion Pickett’s court case over allegations of his involvement in a series of commercial burglaries is now due to take place just days before the start of the AFL season.

Pickett, 32, was set to face Perth Magistrates Court on Friday last week to face 12 charges, but the case was adjourned until March 1.

Pickett’s Tigers are one of eight teams scheduled to take part in Opening Round, with Richmond to face the Gold Coast Suns at Heritage Bank Stadium in its season-opener. The club also has pre-season hit-outs scheduled against Melbourne (February 18) and Collingwood (February 27) next month.

It’s been alleged Pickett and Kurtley Thorne stole over $300,000 in a series of commercial burglaries, including stealing from safes at currency exchange businesses, across December 2022 and January 2023. The AFL player has also been accused of being part of a plan to transport the money across Australia in a campervan.

Pickett was arrested in June last year following Richmond’s game against Fremantle in Perth and spent a night in custody before being granted bail.

He has not yet entered a plea.

Anthony Van Der Wielen, Pickett’s manager, said last year that his client intended to defend himself against the charges.

“Due to the ongoing legal nature of the proceedings, Marlion, or myself will not be able to provide any further details, comment or clarification about the matter at this stage,” Van Der Wielen said in June.

“We understand and respect the public’s interest in this matter, but we also implore all to respect the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, and to allow the legal proceedings to follow their due course without prejudice.”

Thorne, the alleged co-offender of Pickett, in November last year pleaded guilty to a series of charges – including aggravated burglary, stealing and property damage – in a Perth court.

Pickett had played 78 games for Richmond since being selected by the club in the 2019 mid-season rookie draft.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2024-marlion-pickett-latest-update-perth-magistrates-court-appearance-adjourned-until-march/news-story/cdfd62e8bb36dc676c39eb7a7ead62f2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #793 on: January 21, 2024, 09:27:49 PM »
Richmond star Marlion Pickett set to face court days before Tigers’ season opener against Gold Coast

The West Australian
Sun, 21 January 2024 5:56PM

Richmond premiership star Marlion Pickett is set to face court for multiple charges including aggravated burglary just days out from the Tigers’ season opener.

Pickett, 31, was set to face Perth Magistrates court on Friday, January 19 after being accused of having involvement in several commercial burglaries between December 2022 and January 2023.

Paywall: https://thewest.com.au/sport/richmond-tigers/richmond-star-marlion-pickett-set-to-face-court-days-before-tigers-season-opener-against-gold-coast-c-13303331

----------------------------------

Pickett set to face court just days before season opener

After his Perth court appearance was adjourned, Tiger Marlion Pickett will have to wait to enter pleas to multiple charges – will he be available for Opening Round?

Paywall: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2024-richmond-premiership-star-marlion-picketts-perth-court-appearance-adjourned/news-story/0f534e4f174f8228dea8ac0c7d422dc8

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #794 on: January 22, 2024, 05:07:43 PM »
He really shouldn’t be playing in the ones anyway