Author Topic: Delistings  (Read 4385 times)

Bulluss

Delistings
« on: September 03, 2005, 01:52:26 PM »
It appears from reports doing the rounds that

Morrison, Hilton and Archibald have all been delisted.

Add to that Campbell and Graham and that makes atleast 5 places.

I suppose Foley and Thursfield will be good chances to get promoted so i would think that we would have to trade atleast one or two players to make a few more spots.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Delistings
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 02:25:41 PM »
Apparently this was on 3AW, but i can't confirm it.

I'm happy that Morrison and Hilton have been delisted, i think Archibald is a but unlucky though.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 07:13:04 PM »
Yep it was on 3aw and the info is correct. Agree Razor that Archibald was unlucky after missing his first year through O.P. If we wanted to would we be able to rookie list him?

Delistings/Retirees: Cambo (ret), Graham (ret), Hilton, Morrison, Archibald

National Draft Picks: 8, 24, 40, 56 .... (prior to trades)
PSD Pick: 5

Senior List: 
1. Joel Bowden 
2. Nathan Brown   
3. Mark Chaffey
4. Mark Coughlan 
5. Brett Deledio 
6. Darren Gaspar 
7. Alex Gilmour   
8. Ray Hall
9. Brent Hartigan
10. Chris Hyde
11. Daniel Jackson 
12. Kane Johnson 
13. Andrew Kellaway 
14. Trent Knobel 
15. Andrew Krakouer
16. Dean Limbach 
17. Luke McGuane
18. Danny Meyer 
19. Kelvin Moore 
20. Chris Newman
21. Adam Pattison
22. Kayne Pettifer
23. Dean Polo
24. Andrew Raines
25. Matthew Richardson 
26. Thomas Roach
27. David Rodan 
28. Jay Schulz
29. Troy Simmonds
30. Greg Stafford 
31. Richard Tambling
32. Greg Tivendale
33. Shane Tuck

Rookie List: 
1. Nathan Foley
2. Will Thursfield
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 08:17:06 PM »
Foley even gets promoted or given the ass because his 2 years on the rookie list is up.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »
Could Foley have been given more of a run this season? I'm still not sure if he will be much long term to be honest, but given our midfield onball division is pretty weak, I would have thought he would have been given more of a run so that we had a better idea. 47 possessions in a match is exceptional, but you don't see too many midgets running around in the AFL these days. 

How does the system work? What are our options for the national draft and rookie draft w.r.d. the number of players we can take on? Does Thursfield have 1 more year as a rookie?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 09:16:37 PM »
I believe we have another pick. We went into 2005 with a spare spot on the list. 5 off the list means 6 spots available. (39 total)

We can also have up to 5 rookies. (if we can afford them)

Thursfield has another year unless promoted Jake. He would only get senior games if there's a long-term injury to free a spot for him or if we go in with a spare spot on the senior list again.
Foley has to be either promoted or delisted.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 09:20:29 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 02:34:47 AM »
I believe we have another pick. We went into 2005 with a spare spot on the list. 5 off the list means 6 spots available. (39 total)

It's now compulsory that all 38 spots on the senior list are filled. Cambo was made a veteran but we didn't put him on the veterans' list because we wanted him included within the senior list of 38 to save costs. If we had put him on the veterans' list we would've had to pick up another player. Richo was also eligible to be named a veteran this year but we passed on it (probably because halving his salary would dip up below the 92.5% minimum in TPP). 

This year Richo and Gas(?) are eligible veterans so we could have 40 players (38 + 2 on the veterans' list). However that would allow only up to 4 rookies as for every veteran listed players you lose a rookie spot. If watching $$$ is still a priority we would just replace Cambo with one of Gas or Richo as a veteran but stick with only 38 players + up to 6 rookies (probably 3).

Foley's a difficult one as I think if he's promoted we have to give him a standard 2 year deal (?).

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 08:19:32 AM »
dont understand why ppl think foley cant make the grade! he is more in and under than cogs, he is like a terrier in the packs and is as good and exctractoras anyone and skills are good and is nimble and quick. he was a noticeable plus for our midfield in every game he played and this would enable us to free up sugar to play half back or wing where  he belongs

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »
38 players + up to 6 rookies

Thanks MT.  :) I thought it was 39 + 5, as most other clubs have, but now realise that's because they have one of the 39 on the veterans list.
Hopefully our improved finances will allow us to utilise some or all of the 4 other available spots for players that we didn't use this season.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 04:39:30 AM »
dont understand why ppl think foley cant make the grade! he is more in and under than cogs, he is like a terrier in the packs and is as good and exctractoras anyone and skills are good and is nimble and quick. he was a noticeable plus for our midfield in every game he played and this would enable us to free up sugar to play half back or wing where  he belongs

I'm just concerned he'll be another Craig Ednie. He too has good skills and footy smarts but was sadly just too small for modern day footy. 20-30 years ago these small blokes would probably be classic rovers but the bigger bodies of opponents now days can too easily push these small guys off the ball in one-on-ones.

In saying that I'd be more than happy for him to make me eat my words. And it wouldn't be the first time either as I didn't think much of Hyde before seeing him and his new found pace in our first intra-club match this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers deny talk (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 02:25:24 AM »
Tigers deny talk
06 September 2005   
Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

RICHMOND has dismissed speculation it has delisted Rory Hilton, Shane Morrison and Kyle Archibald.

Weekend reports had the Tigers wielding the axe, but coach Terry Wallace said yesterday no final calls on players had been made.

"We won't be making any announcements until our lists need to go in on October 31," Wallace said.

"We've spoken to all players at the footy club and told them where they stand."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16502403%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers deny talk (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 03:28:54 AM »
RICHMOND has dismissed speculation it has delisted Rory Hilton, Shane Morrison and Kyle Archibald.

Weekend reports had the Tigers wielding the axe, but coach Terry Wallace said yesterday no final calls on players had been made.

"We won't be making any announcements until our lists need to go in on October 31," Wallace said.

Lists have been down to 35 players by October 31. If Foley and Thursfield are promoted then 5 at least have to go from the 2005 list of 38 - Cambo , Graham + 3 delistings ;).

Moi

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 05:56:39 AM »
If Foley and Thursfield are promoted

What are u saying here boss? lol  ;) :rollin

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 06:16:59 AM »

I'm just concerned he'll be another Craig Ednie. He too has good skills and footy smarts but was sadly just too small for modern day footy. 20-30 years ago these small blokes would probably be classic rovers but the bigger bodies of opponents now days can too easily push these small guys off the ball in one-on-ones.

In saying that I'd be more than happy for him to make me eat my words. And it wouldn't be the first time either as I didn't think much of Hyde before seeing him and his new found pace in our first intra-club match this year.

with that logic i guess rodan is finished also , he is too small 4 modern day footy also

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 11:05:16 AM »
Seems strange that the club took this long to "clarify" this.

Methinks a leaking of information is happening at Punt Road, wouldn't be the first time either!  :shh