Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903775 times)

Gigantor

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1320 on: February 13, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
just browsing through aricles and comments and it seems we (me too) take some delight in the plight of opposition players and clubs ,even though in many cases those players/clubs have not been proven guilty of anything also..On reflection this is a very sad state of affairs

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1321 on: February 13, 2013, 06:50:36 PM »

Pretty obvious he was each time this topic has come up when hes on the program. Even our own supporters constantly insinuate he's on very thin ice and has been off the rails. Its a massive beatup and our own supporters are as much to blame for the constant innuendo as anybody, probably more so, soft target for the general public when own supporters are having sly digs

If the player and club are as peed off and frustrated by the comments as Ralph suggests then how hard is it for the club to fix?  Get on the front foot, call a press conference, say the club and player are aware of the rumours and there is not one shred of truth or evidence to any of it and then follow it up with something like "the club is exploring legal options if the rumours persist or people make any further public comments".  Not hard to kill it I would have thought - maintaining a silence when the whole AFL world is whispering is only giving it legs!  Well, not hard to kill unless they aren't as confident of their position as they would like to be.

A Richmond supporter wouldn't write this! I'm shocked. No, I'm outraged!  >:(

What would a port supporter do?

What have Port got to do with anything? Or are you looking for a cheap laugh?

Ox

« Reply #1322 on: February 13, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »

Pretty obvious he was each time this topic has come up when hes on the program. Even our own supporters constantly insinuate he's on very thin ice and has been off the rails. Its a massive beatup and our own supporters are as much to blame for the constant innuendo as anybody, probably more so, soft target for the general public when own supporters are having sly digs

Yep.
Plenty of morons here that can't keep their mouths shut.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1323 on: February 13, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »

If the player and club are as peed off and frustrated by the comments as Ralph suggests then how hard is it for the club to fix?  Get on the front foot, call a press conference, say the club and player are aware of the rumours and there is not one shred of truth or evidence to any of it and then follow it up with something like "the club is exploring legal options if the rumours persist or people make any further public comments".  Not hard to kill it I would have thought - maintaining a silence when the whole AFL world is whispering is only giving it legs!  Well, not hard to kill unless they aren't as confident of their position as they would like to be.

Yessss  :lol :clapping

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1324 on: February 14, 2013, 01:37:06 AM »

Run and hide under a bay cover till it all blows over.  :whistle

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1325 on: February 14, 2013, 05:41:11 AM »

Yep.
Plenty of morons here that can't keep their mouths shut.

Agree with this. Surprised at how many Tiger supporters have given this one legs.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #1326 on: February 14, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »
Jon Ralph just stated that a Club which is at the centre of allegations regarding one of it's players confronted the relevant bodies and was told that the rumours did not relate to any current investigations.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1327 on: February 14, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »
Well lets keep this football related please, without snide remarks, honestly please rise above the rubbish.

I honestly feel that Dustin has been unfairly treaded as a footballer comparative to the draft picks that went above him. Scully and Trengove have done far less than Martin IMO in the years since the draft.

While Dustins disposal was apparently lacking the other night he clearly got enough of it. First game so I think he will improve.

I honestly feel that as a footballer he will be elite, I think he will improve on 2011 this year, he will become and extremely important pert of our team and one that other teams find hard to stop.

This kid will become a match winner, he has the smarts and the talent, with Choco working with him he will develop quicker.

Go Dustin, at pick 3 you have already proved to be better than both Scully & Trengove.

Anyone care to move past the poo and talk about his footy or are you as supposed members and supporters going to keep fuelling this crap fire?? FFS MOVE ON.... :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1328 on: February 14, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »
Snip! Leave out the personal attacks ppl.

Now back to the topic.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1329 on: February 14, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »

Now back to the topic.

Nothing personnel in my post OER, not sure why you removed it!!!

I have had a guts full of this bloke continually baiting, poo stirring and posting nothing but sly, condescending rubbish on this forum, mainly aimed at posters, none of his comments are football orientated! Not sure why he even posts here. I would even debate if he follows football!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1330 on: February 14, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

Now back to the topic.

I have had a guts full of this bloke continually baiting, poo stirring and posting nothing but sly, condescending rubbish on this forum, mainly aimed at posters, none of his comments are football orientated! Not sure why he even posts here. I would even debate if he follows football!

You just described someone who I am not allowed to mention by name. I agree it's frustrating when people never talk about football. Constant deflections and personal attacks etc.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1331 on: February 14, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Copped a barrage from a Bomber fan.

Was asking her about the Bombers and she ripped into me about Dusty.

stuff me what a precious lot Essendon supporters are.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1332 on: February 14, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »
From all the reports I've read, Dusty has actually lost weight and is in much better shape than last year. He is also tearing up the training track and responding well to Mark Williams tutelage.

I think the Bombers are crapping man made construction cubes as Danky clearly stated publicly that everyone at Essendon knew about his methods including James Hird and as far as I am aware Dusty has never been implicated in any of the official investigations underway. So as others have said, give the kid a break and get off his frikken back!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

Rampstar

« Reply #1333 on: February 14, 2013, 02:47:19 PM »
Too many of our supporters are falling for this poo. Essendon people are praying that the one player at the other club is named because they can take the heat of their own club. Our supporters instead of falling for what is nuffin more than utter garbage should be getting in and supporting our players in particular our younger players from these disgraceful, cowardly and gutless attacks from the worst supporter base in Australian sport - the Essendon supporters. Dustys gonna have a great year and he will be at the forefront in terms of taking us well into the eight. Support our players people, everyone else is against us and they want to see us mired in scandals and bulldust, its time we left that for the people who know more about that than us - our opponents. Support Richmond or Get the stuff Out of our Club.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1334 on: February 14, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »

Take a deep breath and try and relax

Then stop telling people what to post. Seriously, who the **** do you think you are.

Too many of our supporters are falling for this poo. Essendon people are praying that the one player at the other club is named because they can take the heat of their own club. Our supporters instead of falling for what is nuffin more than utter garbage should be getting in and supporting our players in particular our younger players from these disgraceful, cowardly and gutless attacks from the worst supporter base in Australian sport - the Essendon supporters. Dustys gonna have a great year and he will be at the forefront in terms of taking us well into the eight. Support our players people, everyone else is against us and they want to see us mired in scandals and bulldust, its time we left that for the people who know more about that than us - our opponents. Support Richmond or Get the stuff Out of our Club.

Well said Ramps, a few of our "supporters" are doing their best Veruca impersonations again