Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 911806 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5070 on: December 15, 2020, 10:08:14 AM »
Owl, as long as they don't accidently collect the DNA from Dangerfield's fingernails on the back of Dusty's jumper :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5071 on: December 15, 2020, 01:16:35 PM »
I dunno -  as long as he didn't also inherit the finals choking, diving, goal kicking inaccuracy & flog genes, a Dustin Martin clone who could take overhead marks and defend would be fairly handy...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #5072 on: December 15, 2020, 05:11:03 PM »
MARK WILLIAMS’ PRE-GRAND FINAL MESSAGE TO DUSTIN MARTIN

By Alex Zaia
SEN
November 1, 2020

Mark Williams set Richmond superstar Dustin Martin a task in this year’s Grand Final against Geelong.

Williams messaged Martin on the Thursday before the Grand Final challenging him to kick a second-straight four-goal haul in a premiership decider.

Martin didn’t disappoint.

The 29-year-old’s four-goal performance saw him become the first player in VFL/AFL history to win three Norm Smith Medals as the Tigers defeated the Cats by 31 points to clinch their third flag in four years.

“I sent Dustin a message on the Thursday before hand and Dustin’s always been a player that likes a little carrot in front of him, so I gave him a target,” Williams told SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“I said to him, ‘I reckon four goals will do you, mate’ and I’m sitting there thinking, ‘he’s got three, that’s not bad’ but then he delivered on the last one.

“I was delighted because when you’ve done everything you need to keep looking at what’s the next thing and he continually surprises everyone … a three-time Norm Smith Medallist.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/01/mark-williams-pre-grand-final-message-to-dustin-martin/
:lol
Is this moron trying to take more credit?   :rollin

This guy is a narcissist.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5073 on: December 15, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5074 on: December 17, 2020, 06:41:46 PM »
7news has got a story about Dusty packing a punch for next season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5075 on: December 17, 2020, 06:53:19 PM »
Non-story ::). It was just about Dusty being in the crowd at the boxing last night.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5077 on: December 18, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »
Had the lobster apparently

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5078 on: December 18, 2020, 07:02:25 PM »
Story on both 7 & 9 news tonight.

AFL to contact both Richmond and Sydney to warn both playing groups. No suggestion Dusty or Buddy have done anything wrong.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5079 on: December 18, 2020, 09:55:53 PM »
To warn the club's about protecting their image..

...despite still refusing to disclose their FA compo formula...

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5080 on: December 19, 2020, 09:41:02 AM »
I heard they were meeting this fellow to ask him if he could stop his nefarious ways and start acting like a normal law abiding citizen using his skills for good rather than evil. The law enforcement agencies are using both players to use their skills to persuade those involved in organised crime.
Franklin was very enthusiastic asking “pretty please, I will be your best friend!” 
Dusty whipped out his three norm smiths and said, “it’s all mindfulness bro, just close your eyes, visualise it and it all will manifest for you!”

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5081 on: December 19, 2020, 12:26:03 PM »
I heard they were meeting this fellow to ask him if he could stop his nefarious ways and start acting like a normal law abiding citizen using his skills for good rather than evil. The law enforcement agencies are using both players to use their skills to persuade those involved in organised crime.
Franklin was very enthusiastic asking “pretty please, I will be your best friend!” 
Dusty whipped out his three norm smiths and said, “it’s all mindfulness bro, just close your eyes, visualise it and it all will manifest for you!”
Then he whipped out the chop sticks and held them up next to the medals and said "your choice...plata o plomo"
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5082 on: December 24, 2020, 06:32:16 PM »
Dusty's GF performance ranked as the 4th biggest story in 2020.

4. Dusty's Grand Final greatness

Where Dustin Martin ranked among Australian football's greatest Grand Final performers was a popular debate in the lead-up to the 2020 decider. It was not up for debate following the Tigers' 31-point win against Geelong under lights at the Gabba. Martin elevated himself to an unmatched level of greatness, becoming the first player to win three Norm Smith Medals and spearheading his team's third premiership in four seasons. He is now undoubtedly the modern game's greatest finals performer and the stats speak for themselves. In 11 finals, Dusty has averaged 22.7 disposals and 2.3 goals. He had four goals and 21 disposals against Geelong, to go with a game-high nine score involvements and 457 metres gained (ranked No.2). None of Geelong's multiple plans to shut him down worked. It was fitting that two Legends in the Australian Football Hall of Fame, Leigh Matthews and Malcolm Blight, voted to award him a third Norm Smith Medal, with the 29-year-old a unanimous choice. His ability to lift and impose himself on the game, kicking goals and having an influence at critical moments was the defining quality of another thrilling Grand final performance.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/536958/the-top-50-biggest-stories-of-2020-5-1

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5083 on: December 31, 2020, 12:08:03 AM »
Clearly a future immortal. Is he better than Royce... who knows. History will judge.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5084 on: December 31, 2020, 11:50:28 AM »
He’s  Norm Smith medal games has seen him poll 43 of a possible maximum 45 votes.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.