Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903758 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5700 on: June 26, 2022, 06:14:54 PM »
Because salaries aren’t handed out based on match day performances or even season long performances. He earned his contract when it was handed to him in 2017 and I’m not gonna bother going thrrough what he has delivered since then as we all know what that is. If you don’t think he is ‘earning’ his salary right now then well just think how underpaid he was in previous seasons based on what he delivered.

Hmm a famous old saying. Your only as good as your last game in dusty's case it probably been his last dozen.
Not having a go at him just saying he is out of form compared to previous times.
Oh and yes i love this bloke and think even now he deserves his spot but FFS LET PEOPLE CALL IT AS THEY SEE IT.
YES he is well paid and atm he is not living up to that salary AND YES he is not anywhere near his best. What is so wrong in saying that.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5701 on: June 27, 2022, 12:22:46 AM »
43% disposal efficiency is extremely poor.

His pressure acts (18) were quite high compared to his usual output.

I’d like to see him kick it better.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5702 on: June 27, 2022, 12:28:44 AM »
He looks to me like the game is catching up to him.

Breakaway pace and strength isn't there anymore.

Still going to see decent footy out of him but I reckon he's slipping away.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5703 on: June 27, 2022, 11:03:24 AM »
Just needs to keep it simple no need to take on players like before.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5704 on: June 27, 2022, 11:22:16 AM »
The commentary about whether he is “earning his salary” is insane. He is 100% earning his salary. He basically earned his salary in 2017-2020. If we don’t win the premierships and if he doesn’t play his top shelf brand during that period we basically don’t get the memberships, the sponsors and the attendance.

Not to mention dusty would have gotten us better prime time TV slots as well. Anything dusty does now is surplus and we owe him the respect to try and support him. For the record I think he will have spurts where he’ll break out some vintage dusty magic like how Ablett, Judd we’re able to once they were past their prime but I don’t subscribe to the narrative that if he’s not having a 36 Brownlow vote season he isn’t living up to his salary

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5705 on: June 27, 2022, 11:24:21 AM »
The commentary about whether he is “earning his salary” is insane. He is 100% earning his salary. He basically earned his salary in 2017-2020. If we don’t win the premierships and if he doesn’t play his top shelf brand during that period we basically don’t get the memberships, the sponsors and the attendance.

Not to mention dusty would have gotten us better prime time TV slots as well. Anything dusty does now is surplus and we owe him the respect to try and support him. For the record I think he will have spurts where he’ll break out some vintage dusty magic like how Ablett, Judd we’re able to once they were past their prime but I don’t subscribe to the narrative that if he’s not having a 36 Brownlow vote season he isn’t living up to his salary

:clapping :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5706 on: June 27, 2022, 01:53:02 PM »
Concerns for rusty Dusty

Damien Barrett & Matthew Lloyd discuss:

Go to 8:40 min mark: https://www.afl.com.au/video/788948/concerns-for-rusty-dusty-rutten-under-enormous-pressure-north-s-sos

Barrett: You should never write off champions but I'm worried.

Lloyd: I was worried too with what I saw on the weekend as well. He got caught a lot early. He kicked a ripper goal in the third quarter to help the Tigers get back into the game. You can see he's missed a lot of footy and training. It doesn't matter who you are if you haven't been training and had a break.

Barrett: [vision shows Dusty getting caught] This is not the Dusty we know.

Lloyd: He's making one effort. You don't see the burst; the 1-2; he's relying on others to give him the ball a lot more than in previous years. Let's hope he can get that hunger back as it seemed he was just floating along on Saturday night in a big game.

Barrett: He kicked that great goal and he nearly kicked another to get them over the line as he has done countless times before. There was just that lack of spark wasn't there.

Lloyd: He should only get better with continuity from here.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5707 on: June 27, 2022, 06:54:21 PM »
Dusty's footskills (aside from that freak goal) are clearly still rusty. Those slicing open play 45 kicks which he is usually brilliant act are slightly off and crucially missing teammates while he's missed two around the body snaps in the Sydney and Geelong games that he would normally snaffle.

Having said that, I actually thought on Saturday he was showing better signs in terms of the way he was moving and getting to contests. He seemed to spend more time in the midfield that in previous weeks since his return. I agree with Lloyd that a few more games should see a significant improvement as his aerobic capacity gets back up to speed with AFL level footy. At the moment, it looks like he can only run out say 3 qtrs rather than a full game. I didn't notice him much in the last quarter.

I wonder if the weight Dusty has lost slimming down post-op is affecting his ability to fend off and break tackles? He may have to adjust the way he plays in traffic and give the ball off more to teammates.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5708 on: June 28, 2022, 12:34:42 AM »
"The damage it causes your culture-" 🗣️

"It didn't hurt Geelong and it didn't hurt Hawthorn when Ablett and Franklin left" 🗣️

Caro fires up at Kane Cornes' call for the Tigers to consider offloading Dustin Martin, with his value still high.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1541386687779069955

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5709 on: June 28, 2022, 12:19:08 PM »
Dusty will send opposition supporters his best regards when September comes around

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5710 on: June 28, 2022, 08:34:16 PM »
Did I see he wasn't training today??
Any issue with playing this week?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5711 on: June 28, 2022, 08:53:11 PM »
Did I see he wasn't training today??
Any issue with playing this week?

Don't think any of them trained

Cubs clinic at Punt Road today
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5712 on: June 28, 2022, 10:23:49 PM »
Tuesdays day off?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5713 on: July 02, 2022, 08:02:55 PM »
How to get Dusty as your personal trainer

Dustin Martin is set to make his mark in the fitness industry, giving people the chance to train with the Richmond superstar.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/dusty-set-to-reveal-the-secrets-behind-his-incredible-success/news-story/39536d64e35c52c4b5d210ec21ccd18d

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #5714 on: July 03, 2022, 03:48:48 PM »
Is Dusty injured?