Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 82138 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2020, 07:19:44 PM »
They are doing 6 days of full lockdown

And then the 8 days there will restrictions but the hope is some of the more severe may get lifted

6 + 8 = 14

From what I read everything is dependant on the number of cases over the next few days
Thanks for that WP. That makes more sense.

Apparently this SA strain also causes symptoms to occur more rapidly (within just a couple of days) compared to the Vic one which could take up to 10 days.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2020, 08:16:07 PM »

Thanks for that WP. That makes more sense.

Apparently this SA strain also causes symptoms to occur more rapidly (within just a couple of days) compared to the Vic one which could take up to 10 days.

Yes heard that to

People were queuing up 8 hours to get tested in 34o heat
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2020, 11:29:07 PM »
SA have a premier who knows what he is doing in this case unlike our Dictator, and is also not a narcissist so i expect there to be much more controlled than here.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2020, 06:28:30 AM »
:gobdrop

Just read that South Aust is going into full lockdown for 6 days

Everything closed

Exercise won't even be allowed

Masks now compulsory

Their Premier calling it a 2nd wave

It started at hotel quarantine

And this is the "you can't be serious" part

A person who works at the Stamford got the virus off a person who works part time at a Pizza place. The part time worker was also working at the Quarantine hotel where this cluster started  :facepalm

The CHO in SA was asked about that and said " well in hindsight...."

Seriously, after what happened in Victoria have people learnt nothing?

It seems like you couldn’t help yourself WP

So now you brought it up tell me how did the Andrews government conduct themselves in the hotel quarantine fiasco in Victoria.

Your response should be swift just like your response was when another state goes into lockdown  :shh

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2020, 07:07:24 AM »

It seems like you couldn’t help yourself WP

So now you brought it up tell me how did the Andrews government conduct themselves in the hotel quarantine fiasco in Victoria.

Your response should be swift just like your response was when another state goes into lockdown  :shh

Shame on you Frankie, couldn't resist bringing in politics could you And having a go at me?

This thread is about COVID19 and that is what I posted about

I am actually applauding what SA are doing. Absolute right call

I am amazed though that some lessons have appeared not to have been learnt from the monumental mistakes made in hotel quarantine here in Victoria. When it comes to hotel quarantine I would have thought what happened here would be a beacon on HOW NOT TO DO HOTEL quarantine, you know lessons learnt? Going by reports it hasn't been the case. As I posted have people learnt nothing?

Throw in the incredibly stupidity of people and SA has a 2nd wave. I could add a few other comments here about that behaviour but will not set myself up to be attacked by other posters

Going early to lock down is the best option because as has been seen it works. It's no picnic but it does work.

So kudos to the SA govt for making a tough but right call
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:07:31 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2020, 07:01:27 AM »
Scott Morrison praises Dictator Steven.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/pm-backs-sas-lockdown-despite-previously-criticising-victorias/news-story/15295e55785114d90830accbca308ad0

South Australia will be “back to normal” within a week, Scott Morrison says, despite previously criticising Victoria’s hard lockdown measures.

SA’s Liberal Premier Steven Marshall announced on Wednesday the state would go into a six-day lockdown, as he looked for a “circuit breaker” to quell a spike in COVID-19 cases.

The Prime Minister said the system would be in place “no day longer than it has to be” and was “the result of careful consideration” by the SA government.

“We’re going to back his judgment on this. I’m very confident he’ll have things back to normal within a week,” Mr Morrison told Sky News’ The Kenny Report in a wide-ranging interview.

“Their tracing system is working very well, their isolation system is working very well. Their testing system has been extraordinary.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #232 on: November 20, 2020, 02:10:09 PM »
Another hotel security guard worked at the same pizza joint but lied to authorities by saying he only bought a pizza there. What a selfish idiot!     

SA's CHO said genome testing shows it's a UK strain that spread from hotel quarantine by a casualised worker to their large family and to the pizza shop. So a repeat of what happened in Vic. The SA premier said he is seeking advice from the federal AHPC about the risk of casualised workers in hotels working other jobs.       

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2020, 03:44:59 PM »
Another hotel security guard worked at the same pizza joint but lied to authorities by saying he only bought a pizza there. What a selfish idiot!     

SA's CHO said genome testing shows it's a UK strain that spread from hotel quarantine by a casualised worker to their large family and to the pizza shop. So a repeat of what happened in Vic. The SA premier said he is seeking advice from the federal AHPC about the risk of casualised workers in hotels working other jobs.       

Dictator Steven should have use the police and ADF.

Heads must roll.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2020, 04:11:17 PM »
I heard Dictator Steven was offered ADF personnel but knocked them back.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2020, 04:19:56 PM »
SA can thank a young doctor for spotting their outbreak early. She noticed one of her patients had a slight cough and decided to swab them to test for covid. SA's CHO said they wouldn't have noticed their outbreak for another 2-3 weeks without it.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2020, 06:49:43 AM »

Heads must roll.

SA premier showed the country the difference between a competent and an incompetent leader

No deaths and knocked it on its head. Ooh yes and no lies

I bet some of you had already factored in a second wave, but forgot the critical element of someone actually knowing what they are doing who used the best possible resources 👍 unlike the bloke who cost 800 deaths

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2020, 06:08:00 AM »

Heads must roll.

SA premier showed the country the difference between a competent and an incompetent leader

No deaths and knocked it on its head. Ooh yes and no lies

I bet some of you had already factored in a second wave, but forgot the critical element of someone actually knowing what they are doing who used the best possible resources 👍 unlike the bloke who cost 800 deaths

Ha!

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavirus/sa-health-trying-to-nail-down-exactly-how-woodville-high-student-contracted-covid19/news-story/8f080d3b9e4be98ea90604f656062b51

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2020, 09:14:44 AM »
yep 800 deaths, no accountability, own team given the boot or walked. SA is a basketcase you are right bello

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »
Australia's population will be divided into 12 groups to receive the vaccine. 70+ to go first.

source: Ch7