Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 82143 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2020, 04:43:09 PM »
30 new cases and 70 venues around Sydney linked to this outbreak. If this continues to get worse they'll have to go into a full city lockdown.

Btw, Vic border to shut at midnight to the whole of Sydney.
Don't think Gladys has the guts.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2020, 06:51:29 PM »
Didn't know where to post this but yet another reason why Colbeck and  Morrison must go.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/40-per-cent-of-aged-care-residents-experience-abuse-or-neglect-20201221-p56p93.html

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »
This man has just been put in charge of Aged Care. Maybe he can demonstrate to the Aged Care community?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=562314207780029

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2020, 07:27:22 AM »
The outbreaks of Covid-19 in two quarantine hotels – the Rydges on Swanston (now known as the Park Hotel) and the Stamford Plaza – accounted for more than 20,000 cases of Covid-19 and more than 800 deaths.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/21/daniel-andrews-apologises-for-botched-hotel-quarantine-program-in-victoria

Jenny Mikakos was man enough to resign but DantheMan will not resign even though billions of dollars of losses from business and hundreds of deaths have resulted under his watch.

......meanwhile, Sydney Stack is in Hakea prison for lying and breaking quarantine rules in WA.
No one infected, no one has died, no business closed, no one person effected but himself.

Did they both make a stupid mistake. Yes.

Something is wrong with this picture.

If a director of a company made the same mistake as Dan Andrew’s and 800 deaths resulted what would happen to that director?
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2020, 04:01:04 PM »
NSW is just another example that covid makes the rules until we are all vaccinated. Anyway hopefully Sydney's geography of separated 'boroughs' means health authorities up there can contain the outbreak to the north shore which has now been put into lockdown.

NFI.

The rules as you state are very clear. NSW have a gold standard way of running things and Victoria hasn't. You, 65 and the other leftys would have locked the state on 1 case.

'The "we" are all vaccinated part is even more hilarious.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »

i bet if andrews didnt screw up 800 lives and countless businesses you wouldnt be commenting like this.

That narrative suits now. Lets be really honest here WP.

Sorry to disappoint you Frank but yes I would be commentating like this and I was indeed being honest.

The situation in NSW has nothing to do with politics, what happened in SA a few weeks back had nothing to do with politics. That was my point.

I don't know why you continue to try and drag me into a political discussion about it.

Since mid year my postings on this topic has solely been about COVID. I have not made political comments. Prior to that I actually gave out kudos to ALL sides of politics because I was prepared to take the bias blinkers off

I have explained multiple times why I will no longer post anything of a political nature on this forum.

I know this doesn't sit well with you and there isn't much I can do about it. I sometimes wonder why you continue to try and make every one of my post in this thread about politics.

But to make it easier for everyone I will no longer post in this thread either....

Correct. Since mid year dan's party screwed the state up, and that is when you and others decided not to discuss his shortcomings and failures. Very convenient i must say.

Do i have to dig up commentary during the bushfires. Why wasn't everyone so quiet then. Scomo Marketing this that must be sacked.

Imagine if this was the o'brien fella who was in charge of things.

Bottom line is there is some political grandstanding going on here, and its laughable really. At least 65 has been very consistent for many years.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »

Correct. Since mid year dan's party screwed the state up, and that is when you and others decided not to discuss his shortcomings and failures. Very convenient i must say.

Do i have to dig up commentary during the bushfires. Why wasn't everyone so quiet then. Scomo Marketing this that must be sacked.

Imagine if this was the o'brien fella who was in charge of things.

Bottom line is there is some political grandstanding going on here, and its laughable really. At least 65 has been very consistent for many years.

I have explained very respectfully I might add why I no longer comment on politics

And your response is to mock, belittle and refer to it as grandstanding

Whatever ..

Glad you got a laugh out of it
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 09:39:53 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2020, 06:21:48 PM »

I have explained very respectively I might add why I no longer comment on politics

Did you mean respectfully?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2020, 09:40:13 PM »

I have explained very respectively I might add why I no longer comment on politics

Did you mean respectfully?
Yes  ::)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 08:50:04 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: December 24, 2020, 04:21:54 PM »
30 new cases and 70 venues around Sydney linked to this outbreak. If this continues to get worse they'll have to go into a full city lockdown.

The gutsy thing to do is actually listen to the science and treat people respectfully - which is why this latest outbreak is now under control with 140,000 tests in 3 days.
NSW have done it again  :clapping
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #265 on: December 24, 2020, 04:52:35 PM »

The gutsy thing to do is actually listen to the science and treat people respectfully - which is why this latest outbreak is now under control with 140,000 tests in 3 days.
\NSW have done it again

I sincerely hope you are right.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: December 31, 2020, 03:56:15 PM »
can anyone confirm where Andrews is?

I heard hawaii, but i could be wrong

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #267 on: December 31, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »
can anyone confirm where Andrews is?

I heard hawaii, but i could be wrong

Ha Ha. He is somewhere within Victoria.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #268 on: January 01, 2021, 09:52:29 PM »
NSW is just another example that covid makes the rules until we are all vaccinated. Anyway hopefully Sydney's geography of separated 'boroughs' means health authorities up there can contain the outbreak to the north shore which has now been put into lockdown.

NFI.

The rules as you state are very clear. NSW have a gold standard way of running things and Victoria hasn't. You, 65 and the other leftys would have locked the state on 1 case.
Another BS strawman argument and you wonder why people have stopped replying to you :sleep.

You're contradicting yourself as well. When the SA Lib government chose a quick and immediate total lockdown to eradicate their outbreak a.s.a.p. you praised it but now you're mocking that same strategy because the NSW Lib government is against it and is still trying the old "suppression" tactic which every other state and territory has abandoned.

If Victoria over the past month had like NSW has had in that time - multiple quarantine breaches, a contract tracing system that has no idea how the breach that started this outbreak occurred, no knowledge who was patient zero and no chance of knowing, the continued lockdown of part of the capital city, and an outbreak that continues to spread into areas that were clear weeks after the initial outbreak including into other states causing the state borders across the country to all shutdown again - you'd be doing your nut at Andrews on here. But because it's a Lib government up in NSW the above is "gold standard" :facepalm.

Now I'm not blaming any NSW polly for this outbreak. I'm not the one obsessed in playing politics with a 1-in-100 year global pandemic. This virus makes the rules and as such no quarantine system is water-tight nor is any contact system infallible no matter how good and continually improved it is (eg: sewage testing is major help in early detection across the country now). But leave out parroting their insular Sydney propaganda slogans and their constant insecure need to tell the rest of the country how great they are :sleep while they try and blame the rest of the country for the consequences of their outbreak. If NSW wants to be useful then hold an independent inquiry to find out how this outbreak started and breached their quarantine system and how all states can avoid such a breach in the future. Was it via an international flight crew, US embassy building contractors or something else?

ps. By the way, the most hilarious thing about your post is Morrison last week said the same thing as I posted  :shh. He also said there have been mistakes over the year by governments around the country (i.e. including his own), but it's how we all learn from these mistakes and respond to the next challenge that is more important in dealing with this global pandemic. Even I'll admit it was one of his best press conferences. So you're also claiming your beloved Morrison has "NFI" too :shh.

'The "we" are all vaccinated part is even more hilarious.
So a vaccine isn't necessary to ultimately control and beat covid? :huh3

pps. For the record too in case you now have a dig at me for hardly posting, my uncle who was diagnosed with terminal cancer deteriorated significantly from the midpoint of last year and he ultimately died in November. Sorry but family comes first, second and third.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 11:48:34 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2021, 04:05:03 PM »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.