Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 82143 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2021, 02:04:16 PM »
Did I hear that Sydneysiders are now required to carry ID?
Dictator Dan would be proud.

dictator gladys has a long way to go to reach dictator dan's lofty heights of 2020 if you recall.

You are right i think its ridiculous all the same as not one of these cases have come from outside. Though if there are idiots they shouild cop the fines.

Just on this vaccine rollout. A clear example on why media will make it up as they go along and people will fall for it. Called 2 weeks ago to see how easy it is to book in for phizer. Had a choice of sunshine and shep show grounds. I politely refused as i'm not interested at this stage.

Today a friend said he had a choice of many locations in August. So if you want it its available.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2021, 02:06:02 PM »
Really feel for my friends in Sydney. Things are bad up there. As a person from our Syndey office said to us on conference call yesterday "now we know what you guys went to through last year pity our lockdown is a Clayton's lockdown. We need tougher rules"  :gobdrop. Was generally surprised by that comment. They went onto say so many up there simply are not following the directions...

Know it won't happen but people need to bury the politics (both sides), finger pointing and work together to get through it.

bad? what kids missing school for months on end?

give me a break.

it may end up like which would be terrible, but there is no comparison as far as im concerned.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »
Really feel for my friends in Sydney. Things are bad up there. As a person from our Syndey office said to us on conference call yesterday "now we know what you guys went to through last year pity our lockdown is a Clayton's lockdown. We need tougher rules"  :gobdrop. Was generally surprised by that comment. They went onto say so many up there simply are not following the directions...

Know it won't happen but people need to bury the politics (both sides), finger pointing and work together to get through it.

bad? what kids missing school for months on end?

give me a break.

it may end up like which would be terrible, but there is no comparison as far as im concerned.

You just don't get it probably because for you it is all about political point scoring or you just don't want to accept how serious this virus is. This is the Delta variant...it is more serious than any other variant

But here you go it is...

Bad because people are in ICU fighting for their lives.

Bad because one of those in ICU on a ventilator is teenager, another on a ventilator is 30

Bad because 47 people are on hospital and 16 of them are in ICU.

Would think if the choice is a kid missing out on going to school and having to home school for a month or the possibility of losing a parent lying in ICU on a ventilator ...that’s why it's bad.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »
well you have your opinion which is obviously to panic, hence why you rolled up the sleeve at the earliest opportunity, and i have mine. I dont think its all that serious aside from infecting the elderly or those with underlying health concerns.

I think Victoria have done well to date not locking down regional nsw, and i also think nsw also for not locking down the entire state rather greater sydney. In fact i think NSW should open up in a week aside from the areas affected.

We had a 2 week lockdown last month and a bloke travelled all over the place, and were there any deaths? This was the supposed delta strain yeah?

Do you want to get it. No. but is it deadly aside from the categories mentioned above, probably not.

You are right on one thing. Idiots here breaking rules have most likely killed their grandparent and they should feel a sense of guilt for their lives.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2021, 07:15:59 PM »
The propaganda has people more frightened than they should be .. my mum, a normally smart woman, wouldn’t come with her grandkids to the movies in Werribee over fear of Covid .. like WTF?

This latest overreaction of a state government has stuffed me entirely .. I was spending half my time in Cessnock in NSW and half in Victoria. Now I can’t go to Cessnock because I would have to quarantine for 14 days when I get back

Let it sink in that Cessnock and the surrounds have NEVER had a case of Covid .. EVER

Yet I have to quarantine 14 days if I’ve been there .. what an absurd and pathetic situation

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2021, 08:58:14 PM »
The propaganda has people more frightened than they should be
Quoted for truth

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2021, 10:33:42 PM »
Propaganda haha.

Kind of like how Astra Zeneca is a dose of cyanide.

And how COVID-19 is all a conspiracy so that we get 5g implants injected into us so that Bill Gates can control us and reduce world population etc.

Bit of hysteria both ways but I'm confident COVID-19 is more of a problem than any vaccine for it ever will be.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2021, 12:04:31 AM »

Andy I don't think that is what damo or anyone said.

Re-load and try again.

Shutting down businesses in communities that have had next to no covid cases is about as pathetic as it gets. Damo has a point.

Locking up stack is the case in point, but pedos are all clear. Yep makes a lot of sense to me.

Fair play to the government as they will say anything, but some of the stupidity of folks is mind boggling especially the young ones. Worried about covid while having a cigarette and coke on weekends haha

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2021, 01:16:22 AM »

Re-load and try again.

Shutting down businesses in communities that have had next to no covid cases is about as pathetic as it gets. Damo has a point.

Locking up stack is the case in point, but pedos are all clear. Yep makes a lot of sense to me.

Fair play to the government as they will say anything, but some of the stupidity of folks is mind boggling especially the young ones. Worried about covid while having a cigarette and coke on weekends haha

I know FJ, not poking at Damo specifically, just saying that the propaganda goes both ways and it's a shame you can't just have a pandemic without politics and media turning it into a circus. I've had a gut full of COVID-19 myself.

You hear all day about how they pump up covid but the conspiracy theorists never stop to think that there's another side of the coin re: vaccine scare mongering etc.

Bottom line is that I manage a geriatric + medical unit and sometimes I don't think we should shut anything down at all. Sad I know but realistically we're not all supposed to live forever.

The conspiracy theorists are a bit of a laugh tho. Especially the ones that think the government inflates figures like mortality dates just to scare people.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2021, 07:10:17 AM »
Mortality rates are inflated. America has admitted it. If you die of something non Covid, but have Covid, you are included in the stats.
Do I think Covid is real, yes.
Do I think we need to learn to live with it, YES.

Good people losing their businesses when they shouldn’t. People in isolation committing suicide. All because of Covid. The hidden problems are far worse than Covid itself.

All we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Covid is here to stay and eventually the world will have to open up again. We will then have to live with it and all these lockdowns will look absurd. The Vic government closing down to the entire state of NSW is just proof of how idiotic the governance of this disease is.

Let’s say you were a person that has business in Broken Hill. You would have to do 14 days quarantine on return LMAO. They probably don’t even know what Covid is in Broken Hill. But hey, it’s in NSW, let’s make it a red zone. Would be more than 1000km from Sydney at a guess. What about the northern NSW towns close to the QLD border. Same deal.

Pathetic and lazy governance that is messing with peoples lives

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2021, 12:16:40 PM »
Another 112 cases in Sydney today

63 in hospital, 18 in ICU, 4 on ventilators. of the 63, 25 are under 55. 14 are under 35

Victoria & SA are on alert after a removalist from Greater Sydney was in Melbourne on the 8th July ... exposure sites will be announced later today

I've said this a number of times

It doesn't matter how good you contact tracing is, it is only as good as the people you interview. If they fail to tell the truth (Kilmore Truck Driver says remember me) then contact tracing wont work.... to a large degree this is what is happening in Sydney

A very sad state of affairs

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2021, 02:15:57 PM »
Saddest thing is the amount of click throughs media sites are getting by sensationalising whats happening

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2021, 03:08:59 PM »
Spot on chuck. They love announcing cases like its some badge of honour. I'm interested in one thing deaths and how many of those are occurring in fit and healthy young people?

Re-load and try again.

I know FJ, not poking at Damo specifically, just saying that the propaganda goes both ways and it's a shame you can't just have a pandemic without politics and media turning it into a circus. I've had a gut full of COVID-19 myself.

You hear all day about how they pump up covid but the conspiracy theorists never stop to think that there's another side of the coin re: vaccine scare mongering etc.

Bottom line is that I manage a geriatric + medical unit and sometimes I don't think we should shut anything down at all. Sad I know but realistically we're not all supposed to live forever.

The conspiracy theorists are a bit of a laugh tho. Especially the ones that think the government inflates figures like mortality dates just to scare people.

fair call Andy.

I think the word anti-vaxers term gets used a fair bit and some people are not that but are pro choice, and i 100% agree with them. Questioning motives or a jab doesn't make you an anti-vaxer. In fact i think its quite normal. Some people dont feel they need to jab up if they live in a community with zero cases. Thats the reality.

Of course there are the ones your referring to and i know a few. Have no issue with them either, though i did laugh at the 5g tower stuff when that was thrown around. Same folk who think 9/11 was a stitch up and some illumunati crew run the world.

Bottom line is pollies make it political with their blatant lies, propaganda and crushing of businesses for no reason. Go back a year ago, and then ask if they have our best interests at heart.

We must learn to live with it at the end of the day as damo said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2021, 03:40:15 PM »
Yes it very clearly can't be vaccinated away into history and shutting down whole states so that isolated areas suffer is BS

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2021, 10:03:46 AM »
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100285716

Just highlights the stupidity of the current situation