Author Topic: COUSINS SUSPENDED INDEFINATLEY  (Read 10153 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: COUSINS SUSPENDED INDEFINATLEY
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 10:57:41 PM »
Worsfold was fairly frank for a coach tonight. Admitting players had lied to him including Cousins.

Funny stuff about Embley and Chick "forgetting" about gloves, headgear and a boxing ring  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 06:13:50 AM »
Great interview.  Hardly left any room for the media to speculate on what is going on and nipped it in the bud.  Maybe their President should watch Worsfold and see how honesty and not keeping fans in the dark is the way to go.
Means Ben can get on now with getting the help he needs and hopefully not have his private life smeared over every paper in the land (although won't hold my breath on that), and message boards, for that matter.

Jackstar

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »
For those who DONT buy the Sunday Age, you should get your hands on a copy this weekend, mail is they will expose other drug users ;)Should be a good read

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:03 PM »
The ABC have linked Daniel Kerr and Aaron Edwards in their own drug scandal via audio tapes.....

--------------------------------------

Kerr implicated in drug scandal
abc.net.au

West Coast midfielder Daniel Kerr has become the second high-profile Eagles player this week to be implicated in dealings with illicit drugs, after Ben Cousins' father Bryan last night publicly admitted his son had a substance abuse problem.

Kerr is one of three sportsmen whose conversations with convicted drug dealer Shane Waters were recorded by police phone taps nearly four years ago.

A police operation called Remuda tapped the phone calls of drug trafficker Waters.

Among the hundreds of hours of tapes, police heard the voices of Kerr, former Eagles and current Kangaroos player Aaron Edwards, and basketballer James Harvey.

The tapes, obtained by the ABC, suggest Kerr had bought Ketamine, a powerful horse sedative also referred to as 'Special K', from the dealer the night after an away game in August 2003.

Kerr was recorded discussing his use of the drug which he said turned everything "weird" and made him forget where he was.

"I'm just recovering, I just feel good today, I was struggling the other day, it turned all pear-shaped, swear to God, couldn't even sleep it was that bad," Kerr was recorded as saying.

Cousins is referred to in the phone taps but is not heard speaking directly to the dealer.

Harvey is heard talking about abusing ecstasy.

"One flipper every hour on the hour for 10 hours," Harvey said.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200703/s1880292.htm

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 09:42:54 PM »
Worsfold: "Have you been using the horse sedative Ketamine Daniel?"

Kerr: "Neigh"  ;D

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cousins in denial about his ICE addiction - Caro
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2007, 12:55:44 AM »
Cousins, in denial, refuses help for addiction
By Caroline Wilson
March 27, 2007

FALLEN West Coast champion Ben Cousins remains in denial over his drug addiction and has refused several attempts by his family and his club to convince him to check into a rehabilitation centre.

The 28-year-old, who has been suspended indefinitely by the Eagles, has continued to behave erratically and also has resisted attempts by the club to make a public statement about the severity of his health crisis.

Although the Eagles hierarchy has made it clear to Cousins that he will not be allowed back to the club until he fully accepts his addiction to the methamphetamine "ice", and seeks rehabilitation, the 2005 Brownlow medallist as recently as the weekend remained determined he could beat his drug problem without full-time medical and psychiatric help.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2007/03/26/1174761378934.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 10:23:47 PM »
Is that Cousins interview on tonight on that new footy show?

Moi

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 10:24:42 PM »
there's a show starting at 10.30 i think on ch 9

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 09:22:49 PM »
Read on BF main board that Healy on the couch tonight said Cousins could be playing in 6 weeks while 6PR says he could be back in Oz in 10 days time.

Bulluss

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »
On the Couch reported that he will be back in Australia in ten days and they will be having extensive negotiations with WC with a view for him to play in 6-7 wks.

Ox

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
A member of society is taped by police having a conversation to a reputed drug dealer,
about buying a quantity of drugs to both use and distribute amongst his,"friends" but for the sake of this topic we will refer to them as clients.

He is from this point in a point of survey for WA police and drug squad respectively.

The player concerned,then is caught by his wife having an orgy with 4 chicks(which i aint hating him for) and all high as kites
on drugs supplied by the player in question.

To save face,instead of standing up like a man and copping his whack,HE somehow manages to elude public scrutiny
over a matter that would see you or I spending at least a brief stint behind bars or at least in police custody,
by having his Daddy take him to a rehabilitation clinic in Hollywood.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???

Meanwhile,the stupid general public sits back and expects him to apear back on the playing list with no further discipline.

Because he's "done rehab ",we as a society are conditioned to delude ourselves into believing that all should be forgiven.

Let me tell u.

He ain't addicted to jack poo,merely escaping out of another side door by saying so.
The guy is as fit as a horse.
His weakness is only his inability to say no.
I wanna see this little monkey cop his wrap.

I want to see coverage of the trial that should occur when he is charged by police with the merit of the recorded fone calls.

I wanna see tghe AFL say,"sorry mate - u fukced up! - Bye !"

I wanna see the AFL penalise WC for failing to abide by the rules and regulations that 15 other clubs must,
mainly presenting a playing list on match day that has no players using performance enhancing drugs and that is exactly what cocaine,speed,Ice all are.

SURELY THESE FACTS CANNOT BE IGNORED.
SURELY HE WONT PLAY AGAIN!

What about Justin Charles ????????????

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 07:39:50 AM »
Yeah good point.  And with Charles it wasn't recreational drugs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »
Yeah good point.  And with Charles it wasn't recreational drugs.
That's the problem. Players taking steroids are rightly punished while those taking illicit drugs are treated in a ho-him fashion by authorities in pro sport. Both should have the book thrown at them.

Ox

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »
BUMP!!!

DISCUSS THIS LITTLE BASTARD PLEASE.

HOW DOES HE GET AWAY WITH ALL THAT ONLY TO RETURN TO AUSTRALIA,OPENED ARMED??