Author Topic: AGM - 6pm, Wednesday, 25th January  (Read 3214 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AGM - 6pm, Wednesday, 25th January
« on: December 23, 2005, 02:13:24 AM »
121st  ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

The Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Football Club Lld ("the Club") will be held at the Savoy Room, Grand Hyatt Melbourne on Wednesday, 25 January 2006 at 6.00pm to transact the following business:

1. To receive and consider the Annual Financial Report (comprising the financial statements and notes for the year and the Directors' declaration about the statements and notes) and notes and the Directors' Report and Declaration;

2. Declaration of Poll for the Election of three Directors of the Club;

3. Presentation of Club Awards;

4. Election of Life Members; and

5. To transact any other business which may lawfully be brought forward.

ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS

In accordance with the Articles of Association of the Club, the positions of Garry Cameron, Don Lord, and Greg Miller are to be filled by an election.

Each of these Directors being eligible, may offer themselves for re-election.

Nominations for the position of the three (3) Directors will be accepted at the Club until 8.00pm on Wednesday, 4 January 2006. All nominees shall be a member of the Club and the nominations shall also be signed by two (2) members of the Club (in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Club).

Under the Articles of Association of the Club, the nominee and their proposer and seconder and all members intending to vote must have been a financial member of the Club for the 2005 year by the 30th day of August 2005.

Potential nominees should be aware that due to the obligations upon the Directors, it will be necessary for any new Director to be subjected to a police investigation and any other enquiries necessary to ensure that the Director meets the criteria of the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 and the Gaming Machine Control Act 1991 and the Commissions established pursuant to both those Acts.

Nomination Forms and further information are available by enquiry to the Company Secretary, Michael Stahl at the Club on (03) 9426 4415.

Signed:

M F Stahl
8 December 2005

Note: In respect to any matter about which a vote of members is held, including the election of Office Bearers and business conducted at the Annual General Meeting, each member eligible to vote is entitled to one (1) vote only. Every member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy.

The following notice regarding appointment of proxies is in a form required by the Corporations Act: Every member who is entitled to cast two or more votes may appoint two proxies and may specify the proportion or number of votes each proxy is appointed to exercise. If two proxies are appointed, each proxy must be appointed to represent a specific proportion of the member's voting rights. A proxy need not be a member. Member's wishing to cast a proxy vote can contact the Company Secretary at the Club on (03) 9426 4415 in order to gain a proxy form. Proxies need to be received at the Club not less than 24 hours prior to the time set down for the meeting.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: AGM - 6pm, Wednesday, 25th January
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 04:39:09 AM »
Just bumping this up as a reminder that the AGM is tomorrow night.

Any OERites going who can provide their usual interesting take lol on the night for those of us that can't make it?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 08:06:52 PM »

Any OERites going who can provide their usual interesting take lol on the night for those of us that can't make it?

I'll be there - never knock back free entertainment from the RFC  :rollin :clapping

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 08:08:20 PM »
Not a chance - boring as  :shh
Also, too many tryhards hogging the microphone  ;)  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 02:16:21 AM »
Anyone game enough to ask a question at the AGM along the lines Ramps has mentioned on here previously?

Q: Are there any active plans to get RFC people onto the MCC board to help us negotiate a more favourable deal at the MCG. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 02:48:43 AM »
I'm not going, and I wouldn't ask if I was, but I'd like to know if our memberships are being packaged as well as they could when considering the large number of "non-ticketed" members.
I've never seen the membership figures for any other club segregated like ours so I'm wondering if they don't have such memberships, if they do but keep them in their membership total or if they have them but don't have a count of them.

I'm a "non-ticketed" member and it pees me off big time that I'm not counted as a member in the official membership tally because I am a member.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 03:21:54 PM »
I'm not going, and I wouldn't ask if I was, but I'd like to know if our memberships are being packaged as well as they could when considering the large number of "non-ticketed" members.
I've never seen the membership figures for any other club segregated like ours so I'm wondering if they don't have such memberships, if they do but keep them in their membership total or if they have them but don't have a count of them.

I'm a "non-ticketed" member and it pees me off big time that I'm not counted as a member in the official membership tally because I am a member.

Yeah, a membership that does not qualify to be classified as a ticketed member.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AGM: March hopeful (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 02:58:03 PM »
Tiger March hopeful
26 January 2006   
Herald Sun
Michael Stevens

RICHMOND'S new president Gary March believes his company will be successful in its defence of a $5 million civil court action.

Speaking at the Tigers' annual meeting last night, March said he wanted to answer speculation about current litigation against his company, Concept Sports International, of which he is managing director.

"The action is a civil matter pertaining to the issue of the prospectus for Concept Sports International when it listed on the ASX in June 2004," he said.

"I'm the managing director of the company and one of the major shareholders.

"The action relates to a number of matters pertaining to the prospectus and has been brought about by a class action against the company, its directors and all of its professional advisers.

"The matter has been ongoing for some 16 months and is not listed for hearing until September this year.

"Like all civil matters, both sides are confident of success and our company and professional advisers are confident of our outcome.

"This is not a criminal matter and none of the directors or individuals are under investigation.

"As it is under current legal proceedings I am unable to discuss certain matters relating to the action.

"However I am happy to take questions on the matter.

"The board and I have discussed this matter prior and post my appointment and the board believes it has no bearing on my job as the president of the football club."

Richmond last night announced a profit of $41,401 for 2005, a turnaround of more than $2.2 million on the $2004 loss.

Defender Darren Gaspar was reinstated to the club's leadership group as deputy vice-captain, alongside Joel Bowden and Matthew Richardson.

Kane Johnson will again be captain with Nathan Brown vice-captain.

Life memberships were awarded to Mark Chaffey, who has played 160 games, and Andrew Kellaway (157).

Coach Terry Wallace said he would not make any predictions about the club's prospects for 2006, but said the Tigers were looking forward to the challenges ahead.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,17942185%255E20322,00.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 04:45:25 PM »
I got there late because of the traffic - stupid time 6.00pm from those of us who don't work in the city  >:(

This one was a boring one :rollin :rollin here I thought it might get a bit "fiesty" because of the Gary March/CSI legal stuff but I was wrong. Only about 100-200 people there. Smallest crowd I'd seen in a while which is usually a sign that life is pretty peacefull at tigerland ;)

Actually full credit to Gary March for bringing it up and going on the front foot - would have been easy IMO to sit back and simply refuse to ask questions.

Good to see Gaspar back in the leadership group, I reckon he proved last year that you don't need a title to be a leader :thumbsup

A couple of people asked questions  :yawn

Steven Wright gave a presentation on the prosped re-development of Punt Road Oval - with plans. Can confirm that they are looking for $6.5 million broken up as follows:

RFC donations via JDF $1.5m

AFL   $1.5

Melbounre City Council $1.5-2.0m

State Government grant $1.5-2.0m

He said in principal the Council had approved there funing and that we had put our presentation to the AFL and State government.

One of the key components of receiving funds from the State Government is any re-development must be community based hence why, the new facilities (which sound fantastic btw) will be available for the whole Richmond community to use.

It is hoped that this will all be done by 2008

Not all the players were there only the leadership group, award winners from 2005 (gee Lids looks bigger :thumbsup) and the new recuits. Browny was there and looked super fit and walked without a limp, Richo was just Richo and Joel Bowden has grown a beard for summer. As for the newbies most of them look like they need a fair bit of work in the gym.

That's it for now ;D

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 05:01:20 PM »
I heard David C got his ass handed to him on a platter when he started asking questions, is this true?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 05:08:44 PM »
I heard David C got his ass handed to him on a platter when he started asking questions, is this true?

Who   :nopity ;) ;D

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 05:16:20 PM »
 ::)

Jackstar

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 05:59:13 PM »

Who   :nopity ;) ;D

David C is consistent, been asking the same dribble for the past 5 years ::)
Just goes to show where the club is headed with only 100 people or so turning up. Everyone is pretty happy.  ;)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »
our AGMs have always been a joke. remember the leon daphne days at the Richmond Town Hall...packed out, hundreds out the front. Comments from the supporters was pure comedy. :clapping

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 10:10:06 PM »

Just goes to show where the club is headed with only 100 people or so turning up. Everyone is pretty happy.  ;)

Pretty much sums it up Jackstar. (most though because some people are never happy  :sleep)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott