Author Topic: Knobel primed for big 2006 (RFC site)  (Read 973 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Knobel primed for big 2006 (RFC site)
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »
Knobel primed for big 2006
1:02:54 PM Thu 19 January, 2006
Matt Burgan
Exclusive to afl.com.au

Richmond ruckman Trent Knobel says the club has "big expectations" for 2006.

Knobel, 25, the first player selected in the 2004 December NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft after parting with the Saints - couldn't speak highly enough of his first year at Tigerland.

"I've enjoyed my football immensely," Knobel said, who made 13 appearances with the Brisbane Lions from 2000-01, played 38 matches with St Kilda from 2002-04 and wore the yellow and black 18 times in 2005.

"The boys at the club have been fantastic in welcoming me there and the coaching staff as well.

"It's just a year I've really enjoyed, although I was a little disappointed with the way my year ended, but overall, it's been a good move.

"I'm not living in the past and I'm quite happy to move on and I've got no regrets at all."

Now entering his second season at Richmond, Knobel said the club is looking to build on Terry Wallace's first season at the club, which yielded 10 wins and 12 losses after the Tigers finished last in 2004.

"(We want) to be competitive in every game. We've all been together and the younger blokes are a year better off. Internally, we've got pretty big expectations of where we want to go, but we know there is a process in place," Knobel said.

"We know now what it takes to play good football and what we need to do to play good football and it's a matter of putting it together week-by-week.

"We did show glimpses of it last year where we put it together and we played a very exciting brand of football and if we can do that and take it week-by-week then I'm sure we'll do it very well."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=243134

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Knobel primed for big 2006 (RFC site)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:25:51 AM »
Decent tap ruckman.
Sucks ass around the ground.

Not in our best 22.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 06:15:08 PM »
If Patto comes on and plays plenty of senior footy this year then Knobel will have to fight it out with Staff for a spot in the 22.

Knobel's kicking today was fairly accurate but his arms swing from side to side when he's holding the ball as he runs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:33:30 AM »
Decent tap ruckman.

Not in our best 22.

I reckon Knobel is in our best 22 only because you really do need 2 ruckman. One resting and one rucking

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 04:13:10 PM »
Decent tap ruckman.

Not in our best 22.

I reckon Knobel is in our best 22 only because you really do need 2 ruckman. One resting and one rucking

Grant Thomas was right.

Outside the ruckwork its as if playing with 17 blokes on the park.

Not acceptable.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 04:42:06 PM »
Decent tap ruckman.

Not in our best 22.

Grant Thomas was right.

Outside the ruckwork its as if playing with 17 blokes on the park.

Not acceptable.

Yeah that Knobel's his main problem but he did once lol yesterday lead strongly from the goalsquare in scratch match and mark out in front on the lead.  Slotted it through for a nice goal into the breeze too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 04:49:34 PM »
I think what a lot of people fail to see is that Knobel brings physicality around the ground, especially in marking contests.

If the defense bombs it from the backline to the centre area and Knobel's underneath it, don't expect the opposition to take a mark.

Offline Ethel Merman

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland... we really mean it.....
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 06:03:37 PM »
His game against at home against Freo was his best for us so far, a guy his size having dip will always help the cause.