Author Topic: AFL Record predicts us to finish 14th  (Read 1521 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
AFL Record predicts us to finish 14th
« on: February 16, 2006, 08:10:39 PM »
The AFL Record for the NAB Cup is out now in local newsagents. Has Lids on the front cover with Sam Mitchell and Jared Rivers. It's $7  :-\ but it comes with the 2006 Season Preview book that gives profiles and stats on every player.

Anyway they say if we get through the season injury-free and build some momentum we could crack a finals berth but they then predict us to finish 14th ???.

1. West Coast
2. St Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Brisbane
7. Bulldogs
8. Port Adelaide
----------------------
9. Freo
10. Essendon
11. Roos
12. Melbourne
13. Collingwood
14. Richmond ::)
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: AFL Record predicts us to finish 14th
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 08:40:56 PM »
The AFL Record for the NAB Cup is out now in local newsagents. Has Lids on the front cover with Sam Mitchell and Jared Rivers. It's $7  :-\ but it comes with the 2006 Season Preview book that gives profiles and stats on every player.

Anyway they say if we get through the season injury-free and build some momentum we could crack a finals berth but they then predict us to finish 14th ???.

1. West Coast
2. St Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Brisbane
7. Bulldogs
8. Port Adelaide
----------------------
9. Freo
10. Essendon
11. Roos
12. Melbourne
13. Collingwood
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton ;D

dont know why the saints and cats are rated so highly, sure they have had 2-3 good seasons, but last yr they showed they were on the slide not the climb. same goes 4 port and brisi, and why are the bulldogs rated on these predictions higher than us, its not like they creamed us last season. these predictions are all so fos, and i cant wait til we prove all wrong.

and imo, adel will finish on top

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 09:36:01 PM »
i actually agree with them unfortunately, weve got a totally poo draw...atleast we'll get a good pick at the draft and maybe 2 in the top 20.

blx

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »
if anything the beginning of the year is normally when we fire and then start to slide from the middle onwards.

when you look at it like that, it'd be great to have our hardest games at the beginning and the supposedly easier games towards the end.

the draw could actually be in our favour and not such a bad thing after all.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 11:47:27 PM »
14th is a reasonable bet, but the comp is that even that we could jag a top 10 with some luck.

Carlton spooning again sounds great  :thumbsup

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 12:17:31 AM »
14th is about right.

1. West Coast
2. St Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Brisbane
7. Bulldogs
8. Port Adelaide
----------------------
9. Freo
10. Essendon
11. Roos
12. Melbourne
13. Collingwood
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton ;D

dont know why the saints and cats are rated so highly, sure they have had 2-3 good seasons, but last yr they showed they were on the slide not the climb. same goes 4 port and brisi, and why are the bulldogs rated on these predictions higher than us, its not like they creamed us last season. these predictions are all so fos, and i cant wait til we prove all wrong.

Are you serious?

Geeong and Saints have great young lists. Ditto the Dogs who finshed the season on fire.

How they hell are they on the slide  ??

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 06:18:55 AM »
14th is about right.

1. West Coast
2. St Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Brisbane
7. Bulldogs
8. Port Adelaide
----------------------
9. Freo
10. Essendon
11. Roos
12. Melbourne
13. Collingwood
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton ;D

Are you serious?

Geeong and Saints have great young lists. Ditto the Dogs who finshed the season on fire.

How they hell are they on the slide  ??

yes i am serious, and lets get serious, last yr both the cats and the saints were not as good as the yr b4.

if the cats were so good, they would not have only just beaten us by 1 pt, due to a freal goal off the ground by steve johnson. on their home turf, just b4 finals they should have carved us us as in rnd 1.
the saints were patchy all yr.

now u say these teams have a gr8 young list. well ppl have been saying this for 4 yrs now!!!!!! im sick of all that bs about their list. we have a list and matchwinners that can compete and better them this yr!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 06:22:31 AM »
i actually agree with them unfortunately, weve got a totally pooh draw...
that is such a load of garbage and a cop out. i dont see anything wrong with our draw. we play 22 games as everyone else. we dont know which teams will improve, which will slide, which will have injuries.

look at last yrs draw, it was the games v the easybeats that cost us a finals birth birth, eg the blues

i will never accept the draw as an excuse. have faith in the team and their  improvement.
we won 10 games last yr, 14 games this yr is realistic

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 09:58:49 AM »
I am with X - Using the draw as an excuse before the season starts is a cop out.

AND I have said it before and will say it again - What is all this Bulldogs krap, fair dinkum 1 all last year and they only just got us the last game when they were flying and we were down. We match them with the runners - maybe they are slightly ahead BUT we have the KPP to go with the running game - I'd dare say there wont be much difference between the two of us.

Offline Wads

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 12:43:04 PM »
I agree with X and CUB, look at last year when we creamed Port...no knew that could happen and don't forget we were one kick from beating the Eagles and we beat the swans.  My thoughts are wait till round 6, a couple of potential tuff matches that will sort us out and potentially a couple of easy ones and then we'll what sort of year we're likely to have.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 12:51:47 PM »
1. West Coast
2. St Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Brisbane
7. Bulldogs
8. Port Adelaide
----------------------
9. Freo
10. Essendon
11. Roos
12. Melbourne
13. Collingwood
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton ;D

I reckon they are being very generous with the reigning Premier ;) I wouldn't be surprsied at all id the Swannies don't make it. They had a helluva lot of things going right for them last year - especially with injuries (or lack of).

I reckon both Geelong and St Kilda will make the 8 but I don't think it's a given they'll be top 4.

As for our draw - it is what it is - the toughest part to me is the fact that we have 2 road trips in 2 weeks but we have play all the teams at some point so..........

If we starting making excuses before we begin we may as well start following the Pies :rollin :lol :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 09:49:29 PM »
If we starting making excuses before we begin we may as well start following the Pies :rollin :lol :rollin

Thanks for the advice WP, but I’d rather give the game away.  The thought literally makes my skin crawl.

You don’t know what will happen through a season, but I think it’s a big ask for a club with a mostly young list to be consistent for 22 rounds.  Especially if our depth gets tested, it could be a very long season for young players.

Each season there’s usually one team that surprises, but I don’t think it’s our time just yet.  Anywhere between 10th to 14th is more likely.

That’s not an excuse WP, it’s a reason. :yep
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.