Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 175397 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #1155 on: March 15, 2024, 12:35:42 AM »
Homesick Harley and a first should do the trick.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1156 on: March 15, 2024, 07:11:01 AM »
Won't get two firsts for this guy unless he has an AA year and kicks 40+

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1157 on: March 15, 2024, 07:25:07 AM »
I think we would get two firsts.
a first and a future first would be enough.

Dont see the club trading him unless he wants to go though

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1158 on: March 15, 2024, 08:53:56 PM »

Wouldn’t get 2 first rounders for Bolton? If we don’t whoever is negotiating for us should be sacked. Players are getting traded for 2 first round picks left right and centre. 25 year old with 4 years still to run on his contract, 2 time premiership player, all Australian and top5 place in the b&f in all of the last 4 seasons.

People overreacting as usual to a bad game by bolts.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1159 on: March 16, 2024, 09:28:04 AM »

Wouldn’t get 2 first rounders for Bolton? If we don’t whoever is negotiating for us should be sacked. Players are getting traded for 2 first round picks left right and centre. 25 year old with 4 years still to run on his contract, 2 time premiership player, all Australian and top5 place in the b&f in all of the last 4 seasons.

It won't be top 10 picks but would you be happy with picks 15 and 18? I wouldn't

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1160 on: March 16, 2024, 10:15:08 AM »

It won't be top 10 picks but would you be happy with picks 15 and 18? I wouldn't

Why wouldn’t it be top10 picks? 1 of them would definitely have to be so. On top of the gun that he  clearly is, he’s contracted for 4 more years.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1161 on: March 16, 2024, 10:18:36 AM »

so hopper is worth more then? Not a stuffin chance i would give that up.

2 top 10's or FO. Bolton is a gun. His issue is just cant be the number 1 guy in a crappy list. He needs some a grade mids surrounding him IMO.

Baker is the one for me. If he wants to go i would let him go for the same offering.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1162 on: March 16, 2024, 11:03:56 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if we got 1 top 10 and 1 late 1st at best but with our record basically anything 10-30 is quite unlikely to pan out well. Our knack for finding talent mid-draft has dried up a bit.

Who recently traded a player for 2 top 10's?

Hopper was traded for 8 + 35.
Taranto 14 + 22.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1163 on: March 16, 2024, 11:18:06 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if we got 1 top 10 and 1 late 1st at best but with our record basically anything 10-30 is quite unlikely to pan out well. Our knack for finding talent mid-draft has dried up a bit.

Taranto 14 + 22.

True, though clubs will pay for match winners. Neither of those guys are that.

No deal. We need top 10 picks. The rest is hit and miss. Look at how well the hawks have rebuilt with some of these young ones who were either rookies, or late picks.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1164 on: March 16, 2024, 12:18:03 PM »

Taranto 14 + 22.

True, though clubs will pay for match winners. Neither of those guys are that.

No deal. We need top 10 picks. The rest is hit and miss. Look at how well the hawks have rebuilt with some of these young ones who were either rookies, or late picks.

Also hopper and Taranto were either out of contract or had 1 year left.

Bolts is better than both and as damaging a player as there is in the league.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1165 on: March 16, 2024, 12:59:42 PM »
yep. 2 time as well.

clubs will fall over themselves for him.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1166 on: March 16, 2024, 01:14:51 PM »
Appreciate the chatter but I still can't think of any player in recent memory traded for 2 top 10 picks.

As Simonator first posited, Bolton is the cream on top, not the bread & butter. The only teams that wouldn't be silly to chase him are a mob like Carlton who have a good midfield and KPPs at either end so could really use an electric small forward. Teams with good picks, if they are smart, wouldn't bother wasting good draft capital on a highlight reel.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1167 on: March 16, 2024, 06:29:02 PM »
There’s a difference between not getting2 first rounders as you originally said and not getting 2 top 10 picks as you’re saying now. Imo it would take 2 first rounders with 1 of those being a top10 pick to even begin the negotiation. How high that top10 pick is and how late that second first rounder is and if there’s any late picks going back can be worked through after.

He’s finished top5 in our bnf the past 4 seasons which covers a premiership, a top8 finish and 2 bottom 8 finishes, so seems like he’s producing at a high level regardless of how good/bad the team is.

He’s much more than a small forward, he can kick the goals of a Charlie cameron type while also going into the midfield and regularly win clearances. There isn’t many players of that nature in the league not even mentioning his speed and marking ability.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1168 on: March 16, 2024, 07:37:33 PM »
There’s a difference between not getting2 first rounders as you originally said and not getting 2 top 10 picks as you’re saying now. Imo it would take 2 first rounders with 1 of those being a top10 pick to even begin the negotiation. How high that top10 pick is and how late that second first rounder is and if there’s any late picks going back can be worked through after.

He’s finished top5 in our bnf the past 4 seasons which covers a premiership, a top8 finish and 2 bottom 8 finishes, so seems like he’s producing at a high level regardless of how good/bad the team is.

He’s much more than a small forward, he can kick the goals of a Charlie cameron type while also going into the midfield and regularly win clearances. There isn’t many players of that nature in the league not even mentioning his speed and marking ability.

To clarify then, that's my feeling when we talk first rounders. I don't value 11-20ish very much given our history.

If we got 5 + 15 maybe it's worth considering. 15 + 18, no.

And no club will pay 2 top 10's IMO, nor should they.

It's a fine line.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1169 on: March 16, 2024, 07:43:04 PM »
I don’t even want to trade him at all, was just joining into the convo.

He’s only 25 years old, even if we accept the bleak reality that we won’t be competing for 4-5 years, it’s not like he’d be retired by then. No garauntees even a top10 pick could get anywhere near shais level, there’s duds every year and we’ve taken our fair share in the past.

Plus atleast he’ll provide us with plenty of exciting highlight reels during the lean years.