Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Dockers?  (Read 893 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Dockers?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2024, 07:19:21 AM »
INS: Sonsie, Smith, Ryan****

OUTS: Hopper (inj), Pickett (susp), Naismith

**** I'd bring in Ryan but can see them bringing in Kosi.

I'd also bring back McAuliffe for Banks but they shot themselves in the foot by not playing McAuliffe in the VFL yesterday

Well seeing Marlion didn't get suspended he won't be and out. So no debut for Smith this week

And BTW I wouldn't bring in Short either. Calf injuries can be tricky, come back to early do it again and it's another 4-6  weeks. Besides he's been horribly out of form

Regardless of whether Marlion is playing Smith needs to be brought in. His form merits selection. Would be good to give him experience.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2024, 10:18:21 AM »
Out
Hopper (inj)
Campbell (rest)
Naismith (omit)
Kmac (omit)
Mansell (omit)

In
McAuliffe
Sonsie
Ryan
Smith
Kosi

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2024, 08:29:52 PM »
Team Tips:

The Tigers were average at best on Anzac Eve, and will benefit greatly from the potential inclusions of Jayden Short and Noah Balta this Sunday, should they prove their fitness during the week. Rhyan Mansell was quiet, and may come under a selection cloud with their impending inclusions. Emergencies from last Wednesday Jacob Koschitzke and Tyler Sonsie performed well, with Koschitzke kicking four goals straight in the reserves’ 20-point win over Casey. Sonsie was best on ground with his 32 disposals, 10 clearances, seven inside 50’s and a goal. Matthew Coulthard also kicked three goals in his second VFL game for the season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-8-team-tips-predicted-sides-squads-ins-and-outs-team-changes-injury-news-latest-supercoach/news-story/03d1a5433477678799b35aacebb6dd0e

--------------------

Jayden Short (calf) and James Trezise (ankle) are available for selection this week, with Balta, Prestia and Bauer likely to be in the mix to face the Western Bulldogs next round. – Sarah Black

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1119507/medical-room-the-full-afl-injury-list-r8

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2024, 08:37:28 PM »
Would like to see Sonsie in the guts and Coultard forward

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2024, 11:16:29 PM »

Watch the VFL and you will...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2024, 04:07:55 AM »

Watch the VFL and you will...... :shh
😂😂

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2024, 09:40:27 AM »
Won't happen but you could make 7 realistic changes.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2024, 03:00:14 PM »
No way drop banks for short . Short isn't our future and gas been poor all year.
Campbell needs a spell. Been ordinary since his first 3 weeks

Reckon Sam has struggled all four games he has played and needs to go back again. Give me a kid in great form in Smith.

Campbell has struggled his last couple, my concern  is he has not kicked a goal for five weeks. kicking goals is killing us as a whole.
A spell wont hurt him atm give me the extra tall fwd Kossie please who just bagged four in the two's..

Mansell has been poor in his last three games and has not managed a goal in that time. Give me Coulthard a goal kicker..

McIntosh imo has been ordinary in all seven games and as a winger has not kicked a goal all year. Ralphsmith stays. :o

Graham has played three games and has been average to poor and not managed a goal. Sonsie please.

Hopper is injured logical replacement is McAuliffe nice big body for a big body onball.

Naismith well i like him but we need a goalkicking ruck and Ryan has been doing that so Ryan please.

Would be very tempted to make Trezise the sub but maybe some game time in the two,s first.
Big no to Short has done nothing to warrant automatic selection and like others needs to play reserves and earn his spot back.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2024, 12:15:20 AM »
In the Mix: Round 8

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
1 May 2024

Jayden Short (calf) will be a welcome return, while Jacob Hopper (hamstring) will come out of the side. Draftee Kane McAuliffe was held out of the VFL game as an emergency for the seniors, while Tyler Sonsie (rarely used as a midfielder at AFL level) dominated Casey with 32 disposals and 10 clearances. The winger permutations are interesting, with Adem Yze last week opting to deploy Marlion Pickett as a tagger and shunting Kamdyn McIntosh to the sub. Hugo Ralphsmith played one of his better games on the wing, so if space on the outside is needed for Short, one of McIntosh or Sam Banks could make way. Given Fremantle plays two genuine rucks, it'd be surprising if Yze swapped out Sam Naismith for Jacob Koschitzke, despite the latter kicking four goals in the VFL.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1119512/in-the-mix-r8-whos-under-the-pump-pushing-for-selection