Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 239741 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1260 on: April 21, 2024, 12:43:55 AM »
Has become my favourite player
But if he got us a first somehow , sign me up

Dan Rioli would absolutely get us a first and more. Carlton gave up pick 8 for saad. Let that be the starting point and go from there.

Btw I still don’t buy that this story has any legs.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1261 on: April 21, 2024, 01:27:56 AM »
Has become my favourite player
But if he got us a first somehow , sign me up

Dan Rioli would absolutely get us a first and more. Carlton gave up pick 8 for saad. Let that be the starting point and go from there.

Btw I still don’t buy that this story has any legs.

You’re right
I thought he was far older than 27

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1262 on: April 25, 2024, 04:52:17 PM »
IS DANIEL RIOLI THE “MISSING PIECE OF THE PUZZLE” FOR GOLD COAST?

By Lachlan Geleit
SEN
25 April 2024

Champion Data expert analyst Daniel Hoyne thinks that Richmond defender Daniel Rioli could be the missing link for the Gold Coast Suns.

Reports last week emerged from 10 News Queensland that Rioli caught up with his former coach Damien Hardwick during Richmond’s bye week while in the Sunshine State.

While no trade rumours have really emerged from there, that meeting caused Hoyne to ponder what Rioli would look like playing for his former coach again but in Suns colours.

Given that the Suns are poor offensively in 2024, Hoyne thinks that Rioli could be a perfect addition for the improving club.

“I was interested to hear about discussions around Daniel Rioli and whatever's going on up there,” Hoyne said on SEN Sportsday.

“But it got me thinking that a player like him is absolutely ideal for where Gold Coast are heading and probably one of the final pieces of their team at the moment.

“In terms of what they're doing without the footy, they’re second best behind Geelong this year which is a huge tick for Hardwick. They have the fifth-worst offensive profile in the competition, mainly because there's no team that struggles to move the ball more than what Gold Coast are doing at the moment.

“So far this season, they have rotated eight half-back flankers through their team, across six weeks.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/25/is-daniel-rioli-the-missing-piece-of-the-puzzle-for-gold-coast/

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1263 on: April 25, 2024, 09:01:34 PM »
Draft picks

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1264 on: April 26, 2024, 08:32:19 AM »
Agreed Chucky. Will get a top 10 for Dan and Baker.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.