Author Topic: Hardwick's post-game presser  (Read 816 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's post-game presser
« on: August 20, 2022, 11:07:27 PM »
A snippet from Dimma's post-match presser from Ch 7:

* First half was so-so. Second half good.

* Form past 16 weeks? We certainly lost a few games we should have won. 

* Things we can improve on as every coach says but pleased with most of our game.

* Pleased with the spread of goalkickers and kicking 140 points tonight.

* Lynch? Just groin soreness at this stage. Flared up in the 3rd qtr. Was in ominous form too and wanted him to stay out there but the Doc dragged him off. We'll wait for the scans.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick's post-game presser
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 06:17:56 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 06:59:38 PM »
Coach Damien Hardwick provided a summary of the Tigers’ home-and-away season, and spoke about the team’s finals prospects, following the convincing 66-point victory over Essendon in last night’s Round 23 clash at the MCG.

“There’s some games we certainly should have won that we didn’t, obviously, with some close finishes. But I think primarily we look at what we value with our indicators, and they’re pretty strong,” Hardwick said in his post-match press conference.

“They’re up there with the best sides in the league . . . We’ve still got some areas that we can get a little bit better at. But, overall, we’re reasonably happy.

“Like most coaches, there’s always stuff we’ll work on, but we make finals again . . . it’s a good result.”

“I think it’s one thing we don’t do overly well as an industry, to have a winning season . . . to qualify for finals.

"It’s such a tough, tough environment to be in, and as we’ve seen this year, it’s an incredibly even competition . .  .

“We’re just excited to give ourselves a chance to play in a final . . . We think we’re a very, very good side when we play our best footy. We’re looking forward to the challenge.

“I think this year there’s been a couple of sides at the top of the ladder that are probably standouts, but then it’s pretty even after that.

“What we do know is you’ve got to be playing your best footy at the right time.

“We’ve given ourselves a chance. We’re playing some pretty good footy . . .”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1204814/tigers-in-good-shape-heading-into-finals

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 02:56:04 PM »
More from Dimma:

“The most exciting thing about Richmond, I think, is our future. I’m pumped with it, with the playing list we’ve got, and what it’s going to look like moving forward,” Hardwick said during his post-match press conference following the Tigers’ 66-point victory over Essendon in the final home-and-away round of the 2022 season.

“To have basically four first-year players in our side consistently throughout the year has been something we’ve worked hard to do, to give ourselves the best chance of sustained success.

“I’ve been pleased with the way those guys have battled through various stages where they’ve been quiet . . .

“(Tyler) Sonsie battled back in the second half tonight and Noah (Cumberland) started well, and we tried a little bit of a different role for him in the second part of the game . . .

“So, we’ve been really pleased with what those guys have brought and how they’ve improved and got to work . . .

“The fact of the matter is we’ve given ourselves a chance to salute this year and discovered some hidden gems along the way. We debuted a hell of a lot of players, gave some guys some experiences.

“So, it’s going to hold us in good stead moving forward.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1206208/hardwick-s-great-expectations-for-the-tigers