Author Topic: Who would you delist?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who would you delist?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »
JON, Pettifer, McMahon, Polak, King, Johnson, Bowden, Simmonds, Edwards, Hislop, Thomson, Connors, Tuck ...

Delist, Trade, don't care! go away!

You haven't even seen him play, you spud.  Who the stuff would you use as an inside midfielder if Thomson, Hislop and Tuck were gone?  Foley can't do 100% of the work.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 02:32:44 AM »
Unfortunately the time has come to make some unpopular and painful decisions.......Decisions that will make many members of the faithful howl with displeasure.

Sorry to regurgitate the same old cliches but its time "cut to the bone" and "take a few steps backwards before we can go forward"

RETIRE

1 Bowden
2 Johnson
3 Simmonds
4 Brown
5 Richardson-Thanks for the wonderful memories Richo....but you playing in 2010 is just wall paper over the cracks.

DELIST

6 Schultz
7 King
8 Polak
9 Pettifer
10 JON.

As Stripes has only allowed 10 players to be retired/traded/delisted I will include a new category

PLAYERS EXTREMELY LUCKY TO STAY ON LIST

*Hughes
*McMahon
*Raines
* Cogs-we are betting on the wrong horse if we think someone who has had 2 knees and almost 3 years out can take us forward.(sorry)
* Hislop

I know many of us will be upset about Richo so I will make one final point.

How many Essendon supporters are still crying over the retirement of James Hird.......Not many I would imagine....they just go to the football each week and watch their exciting young team play.SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.

:gotigers

Not really sure why you would say Richo?? He is by far still our best player, he maybe our oldest player but still has a lot of good football left in him. Don't just get rid of players just for the sake of it. It's not about us moving on as a club but it's about having the best players on our list regardless of how old they are or what they have done for our club to this point. Granted we need an influx of good kids into our club but Richo will not only come back this year and play well but will play next year and play well then too.  :thumbsup
Did i mention how much i love Richo!

Big Tone...I do have some internal conflict when it comes to Richo.

The emotional and sentimental part of my brain wants Matthew to play for as long as he wants.If ever a player deserved to play 300 games and have one last crack at playing finals....its Richo.

The Intellectual part of my brain believes that finals success wont be seen during the next year or two....so the sooner we can develop a team thats not reliant on an ageing superstar (Richo) the better.

No doubt Richmond will be a better team in 2010 if Richo plays.....I just believe we will be a better team in 2012/13/14 if he retires at the end of this year.

Anyhow regardless at what you or I believe ....I think we can both agree that Richos fate is in the hands of the 2010 coach.
Unleash the tornado

bushranger

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »
This is my list of the one's I think we should get rid of no matter what.
Tambling, Bowden, Johnson, Thursfeild, McMahon
Polak, Brown, Simmonds, King and JOH.  :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 10:02:39 AM »
Absolutely ridiculous for Tambling to be on that list

bushranger

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
Absolutely ridiculous for Tambling to be on that list
Well at least I have put up a list. Which is better than whinging about who I have put down.
These are my selection and not yours. So why not let us see how the hell you pick then.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 04:29:55 PM »
So from our list you only want to delist JON and Petts, come on, you can do better than that!
It's not 'only' who I want to delist BT but you can't delist players like King, Schulz and Mcmahon who are still contracted. You can only trade them and if they have zero trade value then you are stuck with them unless you pay them out of their final year of their contract (which then has to be added to this year's salary cap). It would be great if we could offload them for picks during trade week or at least upgrade our picks but most other clubs aren't stupid.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »
SOunds great to me MT except history tells us that first year coaches always seem to inspire there teams to perform....
We'll probably have the youngest list next year and our team structure will still be ordinary even if we draft a big tall forward or two as it'll only be their first year and they'll need time to develop. This is where leadership and clear policies needs to come from from the top. The Prez, Board, Footy manager and new coach all need to be on the same page and build towards 2012-13 when our existing young core will begin to peak. If March and Cameron put expectations on the new coach to turn things around quickly and win games straight away then we are stuffed.

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »
SOunds great to me MT except history tells us that first year coaches always seem to inspire there teams to perform....
We'll probably have the youngest list next year and our team structure will still be ordinary even if we draft a big tall forward or two as it'll only be their first year and they'll need time to develop. This is where leadership and clear policies needs to come from from the top. The Prez, Board, Footy manager and new coach all need to be on the same page and build towards 2012-13 when our existing young core will begin to peak. If March and Cameron put expectations on the new coach to turn things around quickly and win games straight away then we are stuffed.

So a three year deal at least for the next coach?

'65

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »
So from our list you only want to delist JON and Petts, come on, you can do better than that!
It's not 'only' who I want to delist BT but you can't delist players like King, Schulz and Mcmahon who are still contracted. You can only trade them and if they have zero trade value then you are stuck with them unless you pay them out of their final year of their contract (which then has to be added to this year's salary cap). It would be great if we could offload them for picks during trade week or at least upgrade our picks but most other clubs aren't stupid.
Trust a moderator to ruin a good thread with reality and common sense.Dam you MT :lol
Unleash the tornado

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 06:08:24 PM »
another bs topic so early in the year  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
Depends if the 2nd year is performance based
We've certainly delisted players with a year to go on their contract before

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »

So a three year deal at least for the next coach?

'65
I'm for going with a younger coach so 2 years initially with the main KPIs being list management and player and team (gamestyle &  team discipline) development. If we have a 'Melbourne' year in 2010 then fine as long as the young cubs are developing and improving functioning as a team. This should be of course internal expectations within the boardroom and footy dept. None of this hey media it's finals or bust  ::). The following contract can be 3 years with a more results based emphasis as the list begins to peak.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »
Depends if the 2nd year is performance based
We've certainly delisted players with a year to go on their contract before
True Infamy. For our sake let's hope they have (non-)performance based clauses in their contract  :pray.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 10:13:38 AM »

If we can not trade Schulz and McMahon I would not be overly upset. I feel there is a lot of players in front of them on the 'delist' list. If he does remain Schulz should be left as a backup backman not as a forward where he has proved he is to reactionary and lacks confidence. The same with McMahon though too me he is just plain disappointing.

King will be a list clogger so I would just pay out his contract and bring in a first year player in his stead. He will not play AFL football again unless we really are tanking.  :shh

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 01:12:35 AM »
If we can not trade Schulz and McMahon I would not be overly upset. I feel there is a lot of players in front of them on the 'delist' list. If he does remain Schulz should be left as a backup backman not as a forward where he has proved he is to reactionary and lacks confidence. The same with McMahon though too me he is just plain disappointing.

King will be a list clogger so I would just pay out his contract and bring in a first year player in his stead. He will not play AFL football again unless we really are tanking.  :shh

Stripes
Stripes, who is ahead of Sarge in your mind?