Author Topic: Cuz opens next chapter (Herald-Sun)  (Read 866 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cuz opens next chapter (Herald-Sun)
« on: March 03, 2010, 05:56:19 AM »
I couldn't find this on the web yet so I scanned it in.....

Cuz opens next chapter
By Chris de Kretser and Daryl Timms
Wed 03 Mar 2010, Page 83

AS WE continue to wait for the much-talked about Ben Cousins video, comes news of what is said to be an even more controversial book.

Sources say the authorised biography by freelance journalist Peter Wilmoth has been completed but put on hold because it's too hot to release just yet.

They say it catalogues Cousins' experiences in such detail that it could curtail his career again when released.

"The plan is to hold the launch date now until October because they fear he would be deregistered as a player if it is released,'' a source said yesterday.

The book also details episodes such as the fight that took place between West Coast Eagles players Andrew Embley and Daniel Chick over the club's drug culture.

Cousins has co-operated with the book's author.

Wilmoth is said to be close to his father, former Geelong player Bryan Cousins, who is believed to have provided much information on his son.

The author has previously written a biography on Essendon champion James Hird titled Reading The Play.

Last week Mark Robinson reported exclusively in the Herald Sun that player manager Ricky Nixon was believed to have ended his dealings with Cousins and the book deal was partly to blame.

The report said that the pair had become increasingly frustrated over their business relationship and it was understood Nixon ended their relationship two weeks ago.

Issues regarding the highly-publicised Cousins documentary and the separate book deal were part of the fall-out, the report said.

Correspondence and business opportunities regarding Cousins, which were dealt with by Nixon's Flying Start sports management group are being forwarded to the Richmond Football Club.

Nixon helped Cousins through desperate periods and he was considered a key player in getting him back in the AFL system.

He secured Cousins' first contract with Richmond and a much-improved contract for this season.

richmondrules

Re: Cuz opens next chapter (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:47:40 AM »
They say it catalogues Cousins' experiences in such detail that it could curtail his career again when released.

"The plan is to hold the launch date now until October because they fear he would be deregistered as a player if it is released,'' a source said yesterday.

Is that implying this is Cousin's last season? I hope it means they will reassess in October.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:57:09 AM »
Is that implying this is Cousin's last season?

I won't be at all surprised if it is.

Con65

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 01:02:27 PM »
Maybe he should hold off on the book and doco....get picked up by the GC and we get a compensation pick for him :)

Unfortunately sounds like his last year...would love to see him go around this year and next teaching the young kids...

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »
Have to say it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when footballers (or anyone for that matter) benefit from controversy through their biographies ala Carey & Cousins etc. Don't think it's right that they make money from their effups.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
Have to say it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when footballers (or anyone for that matter) benefit from controversy through their biographies ala Carey & Cousins etc. Don't think it's right that they make money from their effups.

In that case imagine how much money Fev is going to make when he finds a ghostwriter strong enough to stomach his recollections. :rollin
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »
Fevola should now be sacked for bringing the game into disripute, he has stuffed up too many times now he has to go after the latest with Bingle. Don't tell me that is what we except from our AFL players.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »
In that case imagine how much money Fev is going to make when he finds a ghostwriter strong enough to stomach his recollections. :rollin

'Ghostwriter'  :lol
I don't really want to read about him peeing on windows etc. but I guess some will.

Fevola should now be sacked for bringing the game into disripute, he has stuffed up too many times now he has to go after the latest with Bingle. Don't tell me that is what we except from our AFL players.

Fair point. The guy is a serial screwup!

the claw

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »
just ordinary blokes who are no different to many other ordinary blokes in society. in fact they arent the ones with the problem its the bozoes who want them to be something that they arent that has the problems.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 09:49:47 PM »
just ordinary blokes who are no different to many other ordinary blokes in society. in fact they arent the ones with the problem its the bozoes who want them to be something that they arent that has the problems.

WTF??????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"