Author Topic: Quest for another first rounder.  (Read 1075 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Quest for another first rounder.
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:29:17 PM »
Melbourne - Wont give up picks for anything
Fremantle - Maybe KP, can't see them trading though
North - New coach, wont trade it
West Coast - Looking for small forward Possible Trade: Nahas or Morton for pick 6?
Hawthorn - Need KP Backman Possible Trade: Moore, McGuane or Thursfield
Sydney - Plenty of holes could take anyone Possible Trade: Newman, Tuck, Raines, Lower picks = Schultz, JON etc
Port - Probably in the same boat as Sydney
Essendon - KP forward: We wouldn't give away Riewoldt, Vickory or Post for anything higher than a pick 8+ i think. Possible Trade: Lower Picks: Schultz, Hughes
Brisbane - Rich's success would suggest to keep top pick
Adelaide - Got alot of young midfielders with alot of leaders in older age bracket in Edwards, Goodwin, McLeod, Burton may want an expereinced head. Possible Trades: Newman, Tuck, Brown, Simmonds
Carlton - Need some goal kicking help for Fev and some experience down back, Possible Trades: Brown, Newman
WB - KP Forward same as Essendon could also take Brown
Coll - Wont trade its first pick may take some pace to top up the list, Possible Trade: Edwards, White
Geel - KP Forward
Saints - Maybe a KP defender that is better than Dawson. Possible Trades: Moore, Thursty, McGuane.

Think our best bets are Newman and Brown to Carton for pick 9 or 10. I think I would do that. Brown has 1 year absolute max and only in a very good side. Add the worth of Newman and I think Carlton could sniff a GF with those 2 firing next year, especially if Browny can put a good one in against WC.

Sydney I think would take Newman Tuck duo for pick 7.

West Coast said they would rid there first pick for a decent small forward, would we let Nahas or Morton go? Would WC swallow the pride and take Morton back?

There is a chance with a few other but with GC coming in be tough to get a first rounder off someone.
Everything revolves around trading Newman plus someone else maybe a draft pick aswell for another first rounder. Carlton and Fev's romance I think could work.
Go Tigers!

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Quest for another first rounder.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »
West Coast - Looking for small forward Possible Trade: Nahas or Morton for pick 6?

Think our best bets are Newman and Brown to Carton for pick 9 or 10.

Dont know which of the above are more crazy. Neither are remotely possible, but we can dream.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »
Nothing brings out the crazy like trade time.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:04:05 PM »
Forget about getting another first rounder, the RFC don't have the balls to trade one of our better players- FACT!
We don't even de-list poo players.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »
Other than our top line players we have NO tradeable players for a first round pick, bringing up names like JON, Cog's (who I would like to see stay), Schulz (please help), Hughes etc is a waste of time, we tried to get rid of Schulz years ago and last year and no one want's him.

Trade Foley at your peril, he is another Rodan who will thrive and cut us to peices in a beter side. Foley is one player we need, he is an in and under type that can actually win the ball out of the centre and gee have we been missing him.

Raines, Polo, Connors, McMahon, Pettifer, King and maybe Tuck or Brown would get us some picks but not early first rounders IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »
One thing we shouldn't do is swap a player and a pick for a better pick. We need lots of quality picks to replace all the players we will clean out at the end of the year. What we desperately need to do, and for the best picks possible, is to trade for addition choices/picks. Regardless of how 'weak' people claim this draft is beyond 10, we can't afford to wait to rebuild. We need to delist heavily and we need to focus on development over our win/loss record.

Whoever claims the role needs to be ruthless when trading and delisting. Look at our list as an outsider, completely unemotionally and professionally, and make the required changes that will bring us the structure and depth to give us success. They need to forget the media and supporters opinions and only keep what they see as the core group. Beyond that they need to trade and delist.

We can't afford to give up players such as Lids and Cotch to secure a first round pick, which would be the only players that we could gain one through IMHO.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
The only club I can see being tempted to give up their first round pick is Sydney so they remain competitive in the NSW market after having many high profile retirees this year. I could only see us getting close to any deal by offering a Foley or Jacko. Tucky may attract some interest to a club challenging but with a compromised draft clubs are going to be reluctant to trade away their first round pick especially for a 27 year old who lacks class. We may have better luck with 2nd round picks. In our situation player for player trades aren't what we need. I don't see any sense in trading say Jacko for Vezpremi as has been rumoured on the net. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:50:55 PM »

Think our best bets are Newman and Brown to Carton for pick 9 or 10.

Dont know which of the above are more crazy. Neither are remotely possible, but we can dream.

Why would Mitch want to return to Perth again? To play second fiddle to Lecras?
Crazy suggestion. Why would we give up a 40 goal a year small forward?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 05:08:22 PM »
Trade Foley at your peril, he is another Rodan who will thrive and cut us to peices in a beter side. Foley is one player we need, he is an in and under type that can actually win the ball out of the centre and gee have we been missing him.

Rodan omitted from Port side again and named as emergency.

Foley is much much better than Rodan and agree with the sentiments that to trade Foley would be at our peril, would need to be just about 100% sure of obtaining a midfielder that will be a gun.