Author Topic: Thank gawd the season is officially over  (Read 1736 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Thank gawd the season is officially over
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:34:23 PM »
That's all you can say really  :-X.

It's been over since round 1  :(. The only positive is there's no hiding behind where we and the list are at. No cheap wins in the final month (unlike even 2007) to sugar coat a disaster of a season or to save players who should go.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

Re: Thank gawd the season is officially over
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:39:36 PM »
whats sad is that players who were playing for there career gave NOTHING tonight

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:39:55 PM »
Roll on Monday when Damien walks in at the club and begins the rebuild of this once proud and feared club. I can start to hope for the RFC once again and have some sort of optimism once again. 2010-12 here we come. :pray

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:40:45 PM »
whats sad is that players who were playing for there career gave NOTHING tonight

Maybe they already knew it was over. Still no excuses.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:42:53 PM »
Roll on Monday when Damien walks in at the club and begins the rebuild of this once proud and feared club. I can start to hope for the RFC once again and have some sort of optimism once again. 2010-12 here we come. :pray

Tucker dont get your hopes up till you see it in writing. if there is one thing i dont believe anything till i see it.

anyone who said this cloub doesnt need a full complete rebuild is on some serious drugs.

Rebuild is required in a massive way.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »
The only positive is there's no hiding behind where we and the list are at. No cheap wins in the final month (unlike even 2007) to sugar coat a disaster of a season or to save players who should go.

We have duds, i'll admit that, but Carlton are in the 8 and have guys like Wiggins, Cloke, Russell and others that aren't good players contributing.

If Hardwick can coach, then we'll see an improvement straight away. Guys like Jackson, McGuane, Polo won't have to pinpoint passes to guys in the back 50, like other teams they'll have a guy free on the wing that won't require a Darren Jarman like kick.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 11:51:31 PM »
Mate with the culling required of our list I think now
that 2010 and 2011 will bot produce too many wins combined. Maybe somewhere between 12-15 and that is if Hardwick does the culling properly.

We are a minimum of 3 years away from finals. More like 4. It's just now hopefully Hardwick will put some plans in place and restore the pride back in the club and give us a timeframe and blueprint in realistic terms of where we are at and where we will need to be.

2009 for the RFC was a zombie year. We were nowhere, we were nothing. In effect we were dead before we started and we were killed again well before it finished if anything can legitimately get killed twice. Right now I can put my feet up relax watch the finals and watch with anticipation what Hardwick will do and who we will pick up in the draft.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 12:25:03 AM »
Cant find the words at the moment to describe our 2009 season.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
 :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep
 :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help
Unleash the tornado

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »
I'd say it would have to be the worst season in memory for me. Knowing your season is over about 30 minutes into the first qtr of the first round against a despised enemy in front of a full MCG is about as humiliating as it gets.

Seeing it year after year made me numb this year.

For me, given some cause for optimism going into the season and being dished up that rubbish, it has to be about the worst season I've ever experienced.

My last low ebb was in 1993, early in '94 all I wanted was consistent, competitive efforts from all the team, a sense that they were in it for each other and a genuine desire to do the hard things that would put the opposition under pressure.

Not much has changed.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”