Author Topic: Jon Anderson's blog: Who should go from Tigers, Demons?  (Read 667 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jon Anderson's blog: Who should go from Tigers, Demons?
« on: September 01, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »
WHAT does the future hold for Richmond and Melbourne?

See what Jon Anderson had to say this morning. Who has the better list? Who should each team cull?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,26010850-19771,00.html

10:04 [Comment From Bobbo]
Should Richo play on next year? He won't be there for the next flag. 

Anderson: Can't think of a reason why he shouldn't Bobbo. In the games he has played his form has been fine.

He is one of three emotional decisions the Tigers have to make. You can't help but feel for Coughlan because pre-knees he was a seriously good player. Kayne Pettifer and Graham Polo are the other two really tough calls. 

Richo will be right. Richmond have a lot of others to get rid of from their list. 

Richo is an all-time great of the club, like Matthew Lloyd. He will get another year.

10:11 [Comment From Carro]
Seen articles saying Richmond should get one of Scully, Morabito and some guy from SA as best midfielders available in the Draft. Would'nt we be better off taking best key position player in the draft 

JA: Those two are on-ballers. 

10:16 [Comment From big cat?]
what are the tigs doing with raines, he is way more valuable than the likes of jake king?? 

JA: I agree with you on Raines. He's one of those players who needs the coach to believe in him. 

10:27 [Comment From joe]
is andrew raines gone in your opinion? 

JA: He may be at Richmond but should play AFL football, maybe with the Gold Coast. 

10:22 [Comment From jake king]
am i safe this year 

JA: If it is you Jake, then you are defintely safe. I: You have a contract and 2: Can't you fight a bit. 

Jake King plays football with genuine spirit and the Tigers need that. And the new coach likes that. 

10:24 [Comment From Daniel]
Scully & Butcher to Dees, Trengrove to Richmond?? Wat u think?? 

JA: Butcher's stocks have risen considerably but he is still behind the on-ballers. 

10:25 [Comment From Johnny M]
I think Melbourne will have the better list as they have tanked and got more kids to choose from.......Tigers need to get rid of half there players. 

JA: Melbourne has to have the better list because they have had far better picks.

10:27 [Comment From Daniel]
Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Tambling, Cuz, & Trengrove surley Hardwick can build something around that!! 

JA: It sounds better given Cotchin will finally get a pre-season into him. But you need more than six quality midfielders.

10:28 [Comment From Rhodie]
Richmond's problems are the players who have been there 4-7yr bracket that havent come on, they will all go before Richo does. Anyway why does age matter if you can still play, I honestly think Richo could possibly play 2-3 more seasons, 1 more on the wing then after as a key strong full forward, leading 20-30 metres from goal 

JA: Fair call. The successful clubs win flags because that same group have matured into good players with hard bodies. i.e. Hawthorn and Geelong. 

10:30 [Comment From kane pettifer]
i wont be delisted 

JA: If that is you Kayne I certainly hope you aren't.    :o

10:38 [Comment From Justin]
Word is that Simmonds will stay on because of our lack of ruck depth. Is that true? Graham hasn't really come on, Browne is too raw and Vickery is still a few years away. 

JA: depends where they want to play Vickery. He will be very good.

10:39 [Comment From s]
polo,simmonds,hughes,mcmahon, oakley nicholls,pattison.pettifer,schulz,silvester all must go 

JA: Where are the replacements coming from?  I think Hislop is contracted for one more and reckon White will stay.

10:41 [Comment From Kevin]
What about Pattison? He has got to go. A few ruckman may be on the move? Blake? Hale? Seaby? 

JA: Pattison is at the crossroads

10:45 [Comment From Mick]
Get rid of Jay Schulz I don't care if he has a contract he is usless and always has been!! while they are at it Pattison, Pettifer, JON, Hughes and Polo can pack their bags!! 

JA: you have made your point about Jay Schulz. He is one who will be on the borderline   

10:46 [Comment From Rooboy]
I would see how Polak goes next year to early to retire him. Raines is gone, trade Mcmahon 

JA: Polak can't be judged right now after where he has come from.

10:46 [Comment From Pete]
Somebody actually wants McMahon I hear. Simmonds gone ? 

JA: McMahon can run and carry which gives him a few plusses in today's game

10:47 [Comment From timbo]
are the tiges fit enough? they seem to run out of legs.... 

JA: They will be fit enough next year. Hardwick is not into excuses. 

10:49 [Comment From Jeff]
Tiges have already dumped Johnson, Bowden, Coughlan and, Brown. Pettifer was on the way out when he did his knee. There's five before any cuts. 

JA: Exactly Jeff, you have to stop somewhere. 

And Jack Riewoldt will be a player when he is not the main option. A hard match-up as a third tall. 

10:50 [Comment From Guest]
What about the Tigers backline? Who do you think should be kept out of Moore, Polak, Thursfield, McGuane? 

JA: I think most of those will.

10:51 [Comment From Carro]
Richmond has too many small light guys like McMahon, Tambling, Edwards, Nahas, Oakley-Nicholls, Collins, White. All can seriously run but can't stop a chook in a tackle and if you can't pinpoint passes to them then utterly useless. Need stronger bodied players and these guys need serious time in the gym over summer. 

JA: You do lack strength in your midfield Carro. 

10:52 [Comment From Glen]
Hi, so your saying melbourne has a better list? 

JA: Glen, no doubt. Down the track they will be a good side. 

10:53 [Comment From michael]
is there a chance richmond trade tuck and what could they get for him 

JA: Tuck is about to turn 28 and maybe Hardwick will like his contested possession. 

10:54 [Comment From Mark]
Oakly nicholls has already been delisted..How can someone taken at Pick 8 not develop at all ? Is it the club or the player ? 

JA: Oakley-Nicholls is only 21 but on what we have seen he is a fair way off it. 

10:55 [Comment From Justin]
Jon, Alex Rance hasn't really come on as expected. Is he possible trade bait? 

JA: they like Alex Rance. He hasn't turned 20 yet.

10:56 [Comment From Mark]
Any word on whether Rawlings will look elsewhere for work? 

JA: Jade Rawlings deserves to remain in the game on what I saw of him. 

10:57 [Comment From Justin]
Jon, what's the latest with Deledio? Is he close to re-signing or looking to get out? What could we hope to get for him if he wants to leave? 

JA: Imagine being a Richmond official if they don't retain Deledio? 

Deledio is out of contract at a good time and he finished the year well. Word is he will stay

11:01 [Comment From matt from st.kilda]
gary rohan is the one i'd be praying for at richmond in this draft. 

JA: Matt, Gary Rohan is an exciting key defender  ??? from Geelong Falcons.