Author Topic: Tigers to field strong line-up (Age)  (Read 870 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers to field strong line-up (Age)
« on: May 19, 2010, 04:46:01 AM »
Tigers to field strong line-up
JAKE NIALL
May 19, 2010

DESPITE the loss of Daniel Jackson, Richmond will field perhaps its strongest team this year if Ben Cousins is able to prove his fitness for the Dream Time game against Essendon.

The Tigers believe Cousins is a likely but not certain starter for the Essendon game and if he does take his place, it will be the first time this season that they have had Cousins, Dustin Martin and Nathan Foley in the team at the same time - along with arguably the club's two best players, Brett Deledio and Trent Cotchin.

The Tigers were much better in the midfield against the Hawks, winning the centre clearances and inside 50 counts decisively, thanks especially to Cotchin's 11 clearances.

The addition of Cousins would offset the loss of Jackson to suspension and add some class.

Richard Tambling is expected to play.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-to-field-strong-lineup-20100518-vc9i.html

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers to field strong line-up (Age)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:57 AM »
Would be great if Cousins could play.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »
Would add class and better disposal but we would miss out on Jacko's tough hard work he does in the middle

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:49:54 AM »
Starting to worry about Cousins pace and kicking penetration but I'm sure his leadership, decision-making skills and footy smarts more than compensates. Just hope the Dons don't run off him....

Jackson will be terribly missed given his tagging role and ability to win the footy himself at the same time. Underestimated in my opinion. Glad to hear Bling will be fine for the game.

Stripes

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »
was jackos best game since last yr, bloody undisciplined of him to do what he did
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »
Would have thought that this side will have our strongest midfield, well maybe not without Jackson, but I don't think it's our strongest side.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"