Author Topic: Seven new sins...  (Read 4014 times)

Moi

Seven new sins...
« on: March 11, 2008, 05:20:58 PM »
Somehow think i'll be knocking on those pearly gates and no-one's gonna be listening lol

Popes added a few more sins to his list.

☼ Polluting
☼ genetic engineering
☼ obscene riches
☼ taking drugs
☼ abortion
☼ pedophilia
☼ causing social injustice

join the original seven deadly sins defined by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century:

☼ pride
☼ envy
☼ gluttony
☼ greed
☼ lust
☼ wrath
☼ sloth

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Seven new sins...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »
Somehow think i'll be knocking on those pearly gates and no-one's gonna be listening lol

☼ Polluting
☼ genetic engineering
☼ obscene riches
☼ taking drugs
☼ abortion
☼ pedophilia

join the original seven deadly sins defined by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century:

☼ pride
☼ envy
☼ gluttony
☼ greed
☼ lust
☼ wrath
☼ sloth

Hmm, lets see...

☼ Polluting  :thumbsup I live therefore I pollute
☼ genetic engineering  :thumbsup I believe in stem cell research
☼ obscene riches  :banghead not me!!
☼ taking drugs  :thumbsup check
☼ abortion  :thumbsup women should be in control of their own bodies
☼ pedophilia  ::) The pope could start an investigation into his own church if he wants to get a handle on that 'sin'
☼ causing social injustice  ::) The Catholic Church has got a poor track record in this area and they should refrain from commenting on it. Most recent example= this very Pope backing the invasion of Iraq.

I intend on living a full life of sin, then repenting at the very last moment, why not, Geez will forgive me!!!  :wallywink

Correction: It was John Paul II that thought that the 'terrorists' should be brought into line in Iraq. The UN have since revealed that it was only after the invasion that terrorists have got a foothold there.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/angelus/2003/documents/hf_jp-ii_ang_20031116_en.html
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
Unless your a genetically engineerd pedophile that sleeps with your best friends wife and under aged daughter at the same time in the back seat of a 57 chev with the motor running and not using any contraception i think your safe Moi.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:10:43 AM »
Wearing shorts on a 35 degree day is a no-no also. I wasn't allowed into the Vatican because of it :o and had to go back to my hotel and change.

☼ Polluting
☼ genetic engineering
☼ obscene riches
☼ taking drugs
☼ abortion
☼ pedophilia
I think the Church should look in their own backyard first in regards to No. 3 and 6   :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »
I think the old sins could be pretty much deleted anyway......and maybe by "obscene riches" he had Paris Hilton type people in mind  :lol

The queue for the confession box is going to be longer than the dole queue!

Ox

Re: Seven new sins...and the reasoning behind it
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

☼ Polluting - Merely a cosmetic cause as far as the catholic church is concerned
☼ genetic engineering-Further proof of a Godless world - Pope is out of a job
☼ obscene riches - Threat to the Vaticans obscene riches
☼ taking drugs - Untaxable commodity and leads to "Alternative" thought - not good.
☼ abortion - Feminist support groups are as loyal as they come
☼ pedophilia - Yeh,like that was okay up until now ::)
☼ causing social injustice - Promoting free speech of any type.

Dirty effen rock spiders those Vatican gypsies

Moi

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 05:51:15 PM »
☼ genetic engineering  :thumbsup I believe in stem cell research
So did half the Richmond Football Club at one stage and were big investors in projects at Monash for memory.

ES Cell Australia has millions of paid-up shares. Publicly available ASIC records show that the directors and shareholders include the who's who of the Richmond Football Club. That is a curious discovery. Former Richmond player and current AFL Players' Association president Brendon Gale is a shareholder, as is Michael Gale and the captain of the Richmond Tigers, Wayne Campbell. Then there is one of the former directors of both the Richmond Football Club and the cricket club, Terrence Grigg. There is the current director Peter Welsh. They have also recruited Ray King, director of the St Kilda Football Club. Grigg and King are fellow directors of ES Cell Australia and the former president and director of the Richmond Tigers, Leon Daphne, is another shareholder. We know that football is big business, but we did not know that that business included embryo cell research. Who wants to be a millionaire? Obviously a few Richmond Tigers do. There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone is free to invest where they want, but how is it that no-one has ever looked behind the public face of these corporations? Do the shareholders themselves even know? Perhaps the Tigers have finally come up with the ultimate weapon to enable them to win a premiership-to clone their best players and breed a dream gene team.

http://202.6.52.14/articles/1280.htm

I remember having a cab sav with Terry Grigg in the mid '90s and him tryiing to tell me what they were investing in.  Didn't make much sense to me then and still doesn't lol

☼ pedophilia  ::) The pope could start an investigation into his own church if he wants to get a handle on that 'sin'
Pot ... kettle....black ... something like that  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 07:06:42 PM »
They forgot one sin - supporters changing footy clubs!   :yep

Bombshell turns love Blue
Christopher Bantick
March 15, 2008 12:00am

IT will always stay with me, the moment I knew I would no longer support Essendon football club.

A telephone call came from a mate to say, "Sheedy's sacked!"

Essendon lost its heart in the removal of Sheedy, and it lost me.

I have been feted by friends who have welcomed me to join a new tribe. I have decided on Carlton.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 01:02:03 PM »
who give a toss about what molesting infested churches have got to say
religion is what causes the most grief in the world so they can all burn in hell
care factor 0  :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »
They forgot one sin - supporters changing footy clubs!   :yep

Bombshell turns love Blue
Christopher Bantick
March 15, 2008 12:00am

IT will always stay with me, the moment I knew I would no longer support Essendon football club.

A telephone call came from a mate to say, "Sheedy's sacked!"

Essendon lost its heart in the removal of Sheedy, and it lost me.

I have been feted by friends who have welcomed me to join a new tribe. I have decided on Carlton.

:rollin :rollin :rollin nice one MT thats classical  :lol dropping Essendon & joining the Carlscum  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »
I remember a kid at primary school who use to change every year to the premiers  :wallywink.