Author Topic: Why does Carlton seem to have the wood on us ?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Why does Carlton seem to have the wood on us ?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Y'know, perhaps we have something to thank those scum for?

If they had not of flogged us in 2009 and shattered our whole season we may have done enough to keep wallace his job and the club continue down that seemingly directionless path we have been on for the last decade.

Decade?? More like three decades.  :banghead

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:58 PM »
We still dither around on the back foot, chipping around and going nowhere against them, while they just go bang bang through the corridor and tear open massive holes in our defence, creating a deluge of scoring opportunities.

Aaahhhh Yes, the Mark Chaffey rule..... such Fond memories.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 10:23:58 PM »
OK last ten years Carlton have won two thirds of the matches played with us. For me that's too many let alone for that filthy footy club or any club. Furthermore since the 1982 GF they have been right there to grind us into the dirt or get some favourable win to either keep us down or forge ahead of us for the most part.

All I hope is that at some point in time in the future when our team develops we can not only square the ledger against these pr1cks but grind them into the dirt like the filth that they are.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 03:35:45 AM »
FORMER Richmond coach Terry Wallace says Carlton's aggressive list management strategy means the side has only two seasons until it passes its peak.

The Blues start the season needing a top-four finish for coach Brett Ratten to shore up his position.

But Wallace said the list did not have enough quality to win that many games.

He said the decision to give away early picks for Chris Judd, Robert Warnock and Brock McLean had shortened the Blues' premiership window dramatically.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/terry-wallace-doubts-carltons-quality/story-e6frf9jf-1226002425159

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »
So pencil in Carlton for a couple of flags in the next few years.

What would Terry know...  ::)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »
I can't stand the Carlton Skumbags! I think the pain is worse because it comes at the end of a long preseason drought where hopes build and expectations are hard to contain. Add a big crowd and media hype and you get a big fall every year.  :banghead

I just can't stand the Bluebaggers because they are cheats. They have the players they have through raping the system and buying their way through it.

It is the midfield battle that we have always lost in the past but, as with every year, I have high hopes that may be arrested this year. While they have added Gibbs to the middle we have two new mature aged bodies in the mix (Bachar & Grigg), two far more experienced and fitter younger stars (Cotchin & Martin) and a solid, pacy, experienced campaigner who could finally be injury free (Foley). I think the dynamics will suit us far more than in the past but my only worry is the ruck matchups - Warnock is a monster (another $ recruit) and he could have the greatest influence over the stoppages than any midfielder.

Always an exciting buildup but I think after years of pain, it's only fair if we snag this years game and come away from the game excited too!  :thumbsup

Stripes
I agree totally. And to top it off Grigg MUST star any game he plays against them.
The club that keeps giving.

gerkin greg

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
Tom Derrickx is going to take p1ss in Warnock's mouth and jam his scone up Gibbs' puckered little cauliflower date. Don't underestimate the force of Tom Derrickx, he owns a ute and has had sex in the back of it at least twice.