Author Topic: Top 5 Tigers in 2011?  (Read 1328 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Top 5 Tigers in 2011?
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:40:04 AM »
Who'll be our top 5 most important players next year?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Top 5 Tigers in 2011?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:07:53 AM »
Lids
Cotch
Newman
Martin

McGuane - he needs to step up big time IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:34:58 AM »

McGuane - he needs to step up big time IMHO

Yep, make or break year.  Needs to improve by a fair bit on his output in 2010.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »
Lids
Riewoldt
Morton
Foley
Cotch

I think if we are going anywhere next year we need regular midfield depth and Foley is critical to this. With his injuries behind him and taggers focusing more on the likes of Cotch and Dusty, Axel will have a bit less pressure on him next season. Mitch Morton I believe will have a cracker of a year next year continuing on with his form in the latter rounds of last season.
Hardwick has worked wonders with Morton and I believe his best is yet to come. Jack will continue on with his Coleman Medal winning form and continue being our key scoring option up forward. Lids will continue to be ever reliable and will be critical for us in a half back/midfield rebounding role. Cotch, now fully fit and injury free will have his best season to date and like Morton will really shine next season

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:12:20 AM »
In order:

Riewoldt
Lids
Cotchin
Newman
Martin

If Jack doesn't maintain his status this year we are doomed with no other genuine 50+ goalkickers on the list at the moment.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 01:16:25 PM »
Deledio
cotchin
riewoldt
Martin
foley/Newman

if those sixx could play 22 games it'd be good

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:50 PM »
Lids
Foley
Riewoldt
Cotch
Martin

It's through the centre that we need to make the most influence out on the ground. Jack needs to have another good year but I think he will have more help in 2011 so his overall goal tally will not be as substantial. Lids needs to continue to provide the beautiful run and delivery off half back. A fit and firing Foley and Cotch will be the barometes of the club - without them we will stuggle for class, strength and pace around stoppages. Martin needs to act as support for the later two and we can not afford him to drop off.

Stripes

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »
Deledio
Riewie
Martin
Cotch and Morton (if these two are fully fit then they'll be stuffing lethal)

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 05:37:29 PM »
Lids
Riewoldt
Morton
Foley
Cotch

I think if we are going anywhere next year we need regular midfield depth and Foley is critical to this. With his injuries behind him and taggers focusing more on the likes of Cotch and Dusty, Axel will have a bit less pressure on him next season. Mitch Morton I believe will have a cracker of a year next year continuing on with his form in the latter rounds of last season.
Hardwick has worked wonders with Morton and I believe his best is yet to come. Jack will continue on with his Coleman Medal winning form and continue being our key scoring option up forward. Lids will continue to be ever reliable and will be critical for us in a half back/midfield rebounding role. Cotch, now fully fit and injury free will have his best season to date and like Morton will really shine next season

Spot on Tiga.

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 06:09:29 PM »
i also hope Edwards goes alright looks light he has put on a bit of beef. Still reckon he could be another Gem, this is the year for him to show it.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
In order:

Riewoldt
Lids
Cotchin
Newman
Martin

If Jack doesn't maintain his status this year we are doomed with no other genuine 50+ goalkickers on the list at the moment.
What he said.......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 03:06:36 AM »
Top 5 in terms of classy key players needing to at least hold their form from 2010:
Jack
Lids
Cotch
Newman
Martin

Top 5 in terms of importance of us improving/surprising next year:
Gourdis ....... full-back position especially against the bigger stronger opposition forwards is still not settled. McGuane the other option but Luke hasn't come on as hoped and had a poor 2010.
Post ........... I probably could have Griffs here structure wise but time for Postie to settle in a KP at either end of the ground.
Connors/Grigg ....... one has to step up across half-back so we can free up Lids
Foley .......... bonus midfielder if he can finally get over his ankle/achilles problems and play most of the season.
Graham ........ No.1 ruck possie is still up for grabs as we are down the bottom for hitouts. Who wants it? Derickx obviously gives us another mature option.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 05:48:22 AM »
5 most important to our improvement will be the 2nd tier so I'll say..

Grigg
Edwards
Vickery
Connors
Post/Gourdis

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »
Assuming all our better players continue with consistent/good form I would have to agree with you MM, it is some of the next tier that need to lift.

Here is my 5 most important on that basis -

Derickx - the Big X could easily overtake Gus by half way through the year given his better mobility and tap work
Grigg - his work under packs and off half back should free up our better ball users
Gourdis - if he can step up then we will have one of the most athletic FB in the league
Morton - size, smarts and goal sense but needs fitness and toughness
Post/Rance/Griffiths - Jack needs a decoy and help on the scoreboard and one or more of these guys would amke all the difference

Stripes