Author Topic: Richmond V Port rnd 6  (Read 20799 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond V Port rnd 6
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »
i think the third quatrer was down to a combinationof things. Mainly that port lifted their work rate and intensity whil we played like it was simply going to be a continuation of the second quarter.

Agree it certainly felt that way at the game. Port clearly got a rocket at half time because their blokes who h adn't been running started to run

And we had blokes either not running or running up & down on the one spot in the 3rd.

In the third port gave us very little time and space and continually got numbers to the contest, something vital in any game of footy, let alone one played in those conditions.

True, what really stood out was how during the times we tried to switch & rush forward they had already blocked the space up a ahead, we didn't really seem to have a way to cut through it, hence why our ball movement seemed slower than me sprinting for the plane  ;D

I also thought that we looked a little flat right from the start of the game,so to come away with a 6 goal win was a good result.

That was the most obvious thing of the day, how flat we were in the 1st qtr. We always looked like the better team but struth the intensity of the last few weeks was no where to be seen early on and in that 20 minute patch in the 3rd. Seemed like when we got 7+ goals up at the start of the third we took the foot of the pedal and to perfectly honest we are nowhere near good enough to be doing that ..yet
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »
First time I had seen the umps pay 'holding free and 50 meters' in years . . . they love pulling out the BS when we are playing. Gifted them 2 goals.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
port was pretty shocking but none the less I thought we played well in the 2nd quarter.

He has now been betrayed by a group of players who lack character and are only motivated when shamed by the scoreboard - as they were after a pathetic second term at AAMI Stadium when Richmond (a very ordinary Richmond) crafted 10 scores to one and led by 41 points.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/veteran-afl-journalist-michelangelo-rucci-calls-for-port-adelaide-to-axe-betrayed-coach-matthew-primus/story-e6frf3e3-1226348810192

tony_montana

« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2012, 03:47:04 PM »
good to see Ports season hopefully turning into one of those shocking seasons, the lower they finish this season the better placed our compo pick is  :shh

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »
port was pretty shocking but none the less I thought we played well in the 2nd quarter.

He has now been betrayed by a group of players who lack character and are only motivated when shamed by the scoreboard - as they were after a pathetic second term at AAMI Stadium when Richmond (a very ordinary Richmond) crafted 10 scores to one and led by 41 points.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/veteran-afl-journalist-michelangelo-rucci-calls-for-port-adelaide-to-axe-betrayed-coach-matthew-primus/story-e6frf3e3-1226348810192

Rucci is a bell end.

Yesterday was probably the worst game i've ever watched, but the week before that we matched it with the Eagles in a rip snorter of a game.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
First time I had seen the umps pay 'holding free and 50 meters' in years . . . they love pulling out the BS when we are playing. Gifted them 2 goals.

Didn't watch the Anzac day clash? Or hawks v sydney?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »
sweeping statement?  :lol  nothing general about it at all, his overall output vs stuffups in the first 3 qtrs was in the negative by a mile, he deadset looked like he was going half behindd... in form he would have bagged 7 or 8 today with the amount of ball we had going into our fwd line.

anyhow, cbf arguing this, he was poo today, has been poo all year and needs to extract the digit and start presenting like an elite fwd should, getting sick and tired of inept efforts from him and TV. That is my opinion and nothing will change it

Take off ur Jack hating glasses
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:32:02 AM by one-eyed »

Tigermonk

« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »
Good win in those conditions, Tuck was awesome again  :thumbsup

Your boy Butcher got a bath today. Almost as much value as Griffiths IMHO.

Yeah great conditions for big forwards you reckon.
But in saying that l dont give a rats ass about Butcher as he plays for someone else, but he has shown he can play AFL football.
But our professed dud in Riewoldt managed to kick 4.  ;)

Yeah he kicks most of them off the ground from the 10 metre box  :rollin plays from behind constantly, what sort of Coleman medallist leads into dead pockets every game. His a stubbie short of the six pack thats for sure. His got no second effort & his on his last chance by the coach  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
Kicking 4 when not playing well.

Is a good sign from our young coleman winner

gerkin greg

« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »
I like his spirit

like a Kayne Pettifer on stilts