Author Topic: Hungry for an answer from Richmond over leaving Trent Cotchin on bench (H-Sun)  (Read 2940 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Using Adelaide as an example. How many here would of rated us about the same chance as them to make finals, be honest and then look what they do burst out of seemingly no where (When are we ever gunna do that, constantly rebuilding and waiting and the excuses flow) wouldn't see them dropping a game like we just did and yes the expectation is still there.
Can we beat North and Blues - doubt it but quite possible and then all will be good? Not from my point of view as it just makes the loss all the more terrible and costly!
Sick of the old line of being around for so many years, but I tells ya that one is gunna stick in my craw till the day I die, just hopefully we learn from it  :pray I Really  :pray

I think Jack when I heard a replay of him on SEN kinda sums it up, he says they are all out there trying and fair enough too but then to say it's only a loss just doesn't do it for me, we lost to a team that had not won since it beat us a year ago! Should be showing a bit more hurt and humiliation in my eyes.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and we are all hurting, well I know I am!

I'll be there Sunday, hopefully to the end of the game cause if we dish up that tripe against North I will be on the 1/2 time express  :gotigers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Cotch himself has said 100 times that he brought himself off. All players are given the responsibility of rotations, blaming Hardwick for rotations is a cop out. The more you look at it the more you see the players have no one to blame but themselves for the loss, it was a comedy of playing errors that lost the game not coaching errors!
Actually i think the coaches do have to share in the responsibility of what happened.

At half time one of the commentators (king i think) spoke about how Richmond had to create more run and carry rather than try to play that slow tempo precise kicking game.

Early in the 3rd 1/4 morris got into trouble taking the game on, but itwas   mentioned that he expected to see more of this, as that's what had to be done to win the game.

In the second half we saw that open fast football played, that when we get it right, challenges anyone in the league.

2 1/4s of this type of football sees us something like 3 kicks up with 3 minutes to go, and what do they do?

try to ice the game by slowing down the tempo and playing the precision kicking game. The same poo that saw us behind at half time also saw us throw away a game that was basically in the bag.

Lesson? don't play that slow tempo precision game when the opposition are playing man on man.

coaches have to take some responsibility for that.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Agree we got back into the game when we played fast flowing football. That occurred after half time after Hardwick had his say. Players have got to take responsibility. Instead of kicking short should have gone long. Should have bottled it up in the forwardline. Graham at the ruck contest should have smashed the ball forward. The mistakes that cost us the game were due to the ineptitude of some players at this club. Players have to show initiative.

Ruanaidh

Fairdinkum if a Coach is not responsible for strategic set-ups and imparting a game plan given any scenario than who is! Very deluded contributions in this thread and elsewhere. And as I have said over and over these 'mistakes' reached a climax last week but were evident in all our losses and some of our wins.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
We will get flogged by North this week, put the house on it.
I hate to be negative and cynical but I am a realist.
Anything under 30 points will be a victory for Richmond.
No not a realist , you're a depressing pessimist. WE WILL WIN THIS WEEK. PUT THE HOUSE ON IT TIGER
I hope you are right

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Fairdinkum if a Coach is not responsible for strategic set-ups and imparting a game plan given any scenario than who is! Very deluded contributions in this thread and elsewhere. And as I have said over and over these 'mistakes' reached a climax last week but were evident in all our losses and some of our wins.

FFS 30 years of coaches not being responsible  :banghead