Author Topic: Cotchin - Flag and I'm done  (Read 2222 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cotchin - Flag and I'm done
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »
Cotchy loves a good gag. Yessss big man.  :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
Knights made it to the team of the century, Campbell didn't.

I want at least 300 games out of them, 300 proper games that is not 300 Wayne Campbell games

Some big whacks in this post but none bigger than this. Poor Cambo. Whackity whack

I just think outside wingers generally speaking have greater longevity in the game. They just don't cop the wear and tear that inside mids or CHF's do.

Jack Baggott should have been in the team of the Century. How Matt Knights got in playing in the era he had played in was a question. Matty Richardson should also not have been included because at the time he was a long way short of finishing his career. That he was a much loved champion by the end doesnt count.

The fact he was in our best 22 players off all time does.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »
Knights won us a final and Richo is Richo.  Can't knock either of those guys.

I think the Cotch story is a media beatup.  Think we would all like to dream of winning a flag and then retiring.  Nice story.  Lets hope his story doesn't follow the path of so many other tigers in the land of 9th.

The one thing that is making this season more bearable is how many close games north are losing.  That keeps me cheerful.  Good to know we are not the only club with a dud coach.