Author Topic: Hardwick urges critics to leave Jack Riewoldt alone (Herald-Sun)  (Read 372 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick urges critics to leave Jack Riewoldt alone (Herald-Sun)
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:05:44 AM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick urges critics to leave Jack Riewoldt alone

Jon Ralph
    February 14, 2014 11:02PM

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has urged critics to lay off Jack Riewoldt, believing his spearhead is a victim of tally poppy syndrome.

But while Riewoldt was this week dropped from the leadership group and then declared a media ban upon himself, Hardwick defended the enigmatic Tiger.

“I think we have got to lay off some guys a bit. I think overall these guys live in a bubble and it’s hard. People don’t understand how it feels.

“I know Jack and a lot of people know what a quality kid he is. The disappointing thing is Jack improved as a leader last year, but other people improved more. So we were really pleased with where he was at. And I think we can cut some people some slack. They are easy targets and us Aussies, we do it as well as anyone (tearing people down).’’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-urges-critics-to-leave-jack-riewoldt-alone/story-fndv8t7m-1226827746985

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick urges critics to leave Jack Riewoldt alone (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »
Leave him alone. All of you .

Sound familiar?